Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Anyone know of an active welding forum?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Anyone know of an active welding forum?

Or if anyone here has some expertise on the subject.. I could really use some help with a few things..

First; my Miller took a sht on me so I am borrowing a friends generic brand welder.. You can find them with all different brands but ultimately its the same one as here sold to companies for said company to brand themselves.. Does that make sense? Sorry if not..
Some examples:

Anyway, I cannot find ANY useful kind of user manual and he said the supplied one was worthless also.

So you got "1" "2" On one switch. "Hi" "Low" on another. Then you have your feed speed on the dial..

I ASSUME the dial is just a fine tune after you set the "1-2" Switch for hi and low speed, NOPE.. "Hi-Low" switch doesnt change feed speed.. The dial is all that regulates wire feed..

Them two switches... Do the same exact thing, crank up the amperage. Ive never used or seen a welder that works like this..

Can anyone give me any insight on this??

Next issue is my wire.. My Miller is able to burn flux-core which is what this welder can ONLY use.. I burn the flux-core when I dont wanna lug around a big tank of argon, but thats beside the point.

When going to load up the wire in this "mig-130" I noticed my normal flux-core said "carbon steel". I have always used mild steel (so I think) and dont see a difference other than this carbon steel wants to kinda.. Elongate the puddle whereas leaving the machine at the same settings used for carbon steel, causes the mild steel to build up probably 3-4 times more than it penetrates.

This is turning into a headache cause I just wanna flip the switch and arc up.

Instead im popping, splattering, sticking, and its also been tripping my breaker.. Thats really crazy cause it calls for a 20amp breaker and its running on a 50Amp so...

I GREATLY appreciate anyone who endured this life story and hope someone can give me some advice.

Thanks for anything anyone might have.

EDIT: The switch I called "Hi-Low" is actually "Min-Max"..

Last edited by wht02monte; 05-29-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Here is a link to a search on google there are several to check out?
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...=1496424988499

Old 06-03-2017, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Here is a link to a search on google there are several to check out?
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...=1496424988499
XD Of course I know how to google.. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation instead of me joining several forums and hoping something came of it..

Anyhow, I ended up speaking with someone on a Miller forum who gave me the great suggestion to upgrade my lines/ run a dedicated 75amp line to the garage..

He also gave me great info about the main board and switch controls..

Thanks tho...