Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Anyone into Bikes??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Anyone into Bikes??

I have been looking at bikes for quite some time now and I think I am getting close to getting one.

I am thinking either the CBR600RR or the Suzuki GSX-R750....

I first wanted an older CBR black bird but I think I want to go new with a warranty, one that I know has not been abused and the power may be too much for me being a novice rider.

Any advise??

Old 06-19-2006, 06:11 AM
Default RE: Anyone into Bikes??

yep get a Harley!!!!

those crotch rockets are good bikes but for some one just starting out do me a favor and find something that is not this type of bike.

I have helped teach the safety classes on three bases and see it happen to many times with Young airmen where they go out and start to gain confidence with their skills of riding witch are really not ready yet. and they end up hurt seriously because they like the racer style bikes and try to push them selves and the bikes to hard threw a corner or on the interstate to find out how fast they can go.

Remember it is not getting up to speed that kills most of the time it is trying to come back down from it that dose you in.

if you get the cruiser style bike you tend to ride a bit more reserved but you still have plenty of power and also a heavier bike so when your running down the interstate it don't get blown around as much.

Also with the Harley (or something like it) You tend to beabel to relax more while on a long trip for the way you ride it in stead of the rice rocket.

Also the wife can ride with you and be comfortable also.

IF you have not rode to much go test drive both kinds of bikes and sit on them at the dealer ships.

For someone that is new to the world looking for a bike can be SOOOOOOOOOO much fun and also aggravating trying to get the right one for you.

But if your interested that much Let me know i have the plans on how to build your own Softail, Ridged, and even a mini chopper from the ground up. to include how to build the frames for each.

Also you didnt hear it from me LOL

The Honda shadows are really nie bikes to and look like a harley in alot of ways and can even have alot of the parts interchange. and are easy to maintain.
Lil custom paint and polish and alot of rides dont know the diffrence between then when tey go past them.
just a side thought .
Good luck and make sure ya let us know what ya get and show some photos of it

Old 06-22-2006, 11:31 PM

ill sell you my bike, not a bad price too!.....

heres the link to ithttp://www.mautofied.com/listing-100025267.html

try this link now

Old 06-23-2006, 03:42 AM

that link wont work unless you register for it.

So throw a shot up here for it.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:37 AM

Ok, now try the link again. i dont know how to post pics on here, can i send them to someones email and they can post them?

Old 06-23-2006, 11:21 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man, that would be a killer starter bike, but man that would be one hell of a drive back to Houston...

Wonder what shipping would run me?

Old 06-23-2006, 09:54 PM

you lay it down?

Thought htey had the stickers on the side of the fearings on those.

as far a sshipping gose just go ride it back LOL

gaunteed after you get back you want want to look at it again for about a day or so till the saddel sores wear off LOL

But it is a nice looking bike.
Still cant ride somethign like that i always feel like im falling off of them leanign like that.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:11 AM

this bike has been "soflty" laid down once!, by the previous owner, their are tiny scratches on the front fairings and the front fender, you cant even see them in the pics, as far as the stickers im not sure, it has the kawasaki stickers on the bottom fairings, thats all i know of. This was my first bike, and i love it, i just dont have enough time to ride it!. It does take corners very well, tires are good, its just an all around good started bike. 3K or possible trades

Old 06-24-2006, 05:08 AM

lolo send it over so i can test drive it for about a month or so LOL