Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Any Transformers fans?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Any Transformers fans?

Okay, so I'll just admit it now that I am a nerd and I still like a lot of cartoons that I watched as a kid, lol. With that being said, the first Transformers cartoon I ever watched was Beast Wars. Beast Wars taking place in the future from G1 and was the first Transformers cartoon that was completely CGI.

So after that quick intro, has anyone seen the new CGI cartoon Transformers: Prime? I happened to stumble on it and loved it! Or am I the only nerd on MCF, lol.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

If you stick autobot stickers on your car I will disown you.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:17 PM

I loved the transformers and the recent movies. I have not seen the CGI cartoons yet.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I dont know what this G1 or what ever that is, but i remember watching Transformers since it first came out. I dont like Beast wars or anything after that. Just the original.

what a dummy, this guy doesnt even know that G1 IS the original Transformers. SHEESH!!! :p:p:p

And the fact that Bumble Bee was a Beetle.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member

mrl390, I'll get to that later, lol.

G1 is awesome for starting the whole thing and I did those old episodes recently, but I feel like Beast Wars had better stories.

Now this new Transformers: Prime is really dark and I think it will end up being better in every way then BW in the end. I mean, in the first episode a character was killed by being stabbed to death and his fluid dripped to the floor. It's pretty aggressive for being on the new cartoon channel called the Hub. There's a couple episodes on Youtube now too.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am a huge transformers fan, I date back to the G1 era...still have my toys from then, also have all of the American episodes on dvd, as well as the cartoon movie.

Never got into any of the Beast wars stuff though.

I want to start collecting the masterpiece series, only about 10-15 robots were done, a lil pricy but cool stuff.

I loved the first movie, didn't care as much for the second one though.

Coincidently I was flicking through the channels and happened to catch the tail end of Transformers Prime. Cool stuff, not sure if I will become a religious fan and watch every episode, but when I stumble across it I will surely watch...

Joe

Old 12-04-2010, 08:47 PM

I managed to find the complete Beast Wars series. I've always liked CGI animation and the series was a definite hit with me. I'll be looking forward to downloading this one as well.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm a big fan and have a crazy OptimusPrime collection. Including the masterpiece of course. And the 2 different versions of masterpiece Starscream. They are displayed on my desk.
Not a fan of newer cartoons. Would love to have a Bumblebee Camaro one day.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member

For a long time I didn't like any of the newer TF shows either. BW is a great series (I too have the whole series on DVD montyss02), but once they got into Beast Machines everything went down hill. Robots in Disguise was terrible and the Unicron trilogy was equally lame. I've heard that TF Animated is okay but I haven't seen it and don't have a lot of interest either. The first movie was great but I agree with you Joe. Not a fan of ROTF. I hope that TF Dark Of The Moon (3rd film) is better.

But yeah, I thought TF: Prime is cool and it's very nice to have the G1 Optimus and Megatron voices back.

Here's a link to the first half of the first episode of TF: Prime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNhwzr3wQnI&sns=em

Last edited by zipper; 12-04-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:43 AM

Hmmm, I actually liked Beast Machines! In the end Mainframe killed off Megatron and Primal (or was it Prime by then?) Anyway, everything after BM went to hell. I just downloaded the first 4 parts and I'll be watching tomorrow. I'll give my $.02 manana!

Quick Reply: Any Transformers fans?