Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Any Cardomain Car Domain members here?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Any Cardomain Car Domain members here?

I was just wondering who else on here has their Monte or any other rides of theirs on cardomain.com . If so, could you post your garage/ride link here and I will gladly give you five star rating there. Maybe we can use this thread to all share our links to rate and friend eachother there. Also feel free to friend me there. If you could pay it forward and return the favor and give a five star rating to my Monte there that would be great! Here is my ride link:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/390995...lo-ss-coupe-2d

Old 03-13-2011, 12:54 AM
rj
15 Year Member

You already hit me up with a great rating. Thank you.

TOOOOOO bad I can't log on my Monte cardomain site. No idea what the ##$$%& is going on? And so far, they have not bothered to answer my email to them asking for help.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:11 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have a cardomain page, but haven't checked it in forever. I'll have to go update it.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj
TOOOOOO bad I can't log on my Monte cardomain site. No idea what the ##$$%& is going on? And so far, they have not bothered to answer my email to them asking for help.
My entire page/site was completely wiped out at one point. I surpirisingly built it back up, which is not like me because I was pretty bitter. I now back up all of the html on my own computer.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

I use to have them all cardomain/motortopia/myspace, etc....but then I started getting discussded when it all became a popularity contest....seeing stock cars owned be females beating out or getting 5 stars compared to full modded cars was getting rediculous....so was the posting onsites, hey a fully modded dodge charger is beating my stock monte please go on and vote for me...

I really used them mostly to get the word out about car shows and photoshoots, but like everyone I started to neglect them all, so I deleted everything and only have facebook left.

Joe

Old 03-13-2011, 01:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montess2k
I use to have them all cardomain/motortopia/myspace, etc....but then I started getting discussded when it all became a popularity contest....seeing stock cars owned be females beating out or getting 5 stars compared to full modded cars was getting rediculous....so was the posting onsites, hey a fully modded dodge charger is beating my stock monte please go on and vote for me...

I really used them mostly to get the word out about car shows and photoshoots, but like everyone I started to neglect them all, so I deleted everything and only have facebook left.

Joe
Those Motortopia challenges were ridiculous! I only ever partook (is that a word?) in one against an old chevy truck. It was apparently all built to **** - I needn't go into details. The only problem is he only had one pic of the truck and it wasn't under the hood. I figured it was all bull - but I did get spanked in the "challenge" because it was apparently a better build. I never bothered with those again. That whole site did get down right silly with "crews" voting for other crew members and challenges. I haven't been on Motortopia in ages. Its too bad, because I really liked the layout of the site

The ratings on CarDomain tick me off too. But I'll give anyone 5 stars who wants them. Its a great site to showcase your ride or rides. I'm proud of mine and hope everyone can be as proud. The ratings don't bug me much anymore having made it to Showoff of the Week. No down rating can take that away and it wasn't my popularity that won that one (mostly because I'm not popular!)

Last edited by JuniorCar; 03-13-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I do have a Cardomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/205587...et-monte-carlo

Personally, I've never really cared if I was popular on Cardomain or not. I use the site as more of an online journal to showcase everything that I've done to my Monte in one easy location. The site is not perfect by any means, and they gave me my user name (it use to be zipper778 on there) and they wouldn't change it for me. All they said was, sorry if you want you can start all over again.

Flawed website? Yes, but I still use it even to this day.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:44 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I have a cardomain, izzin the sig.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I never made one... perhaps I should

Old 03-14-2011, 10:54 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I sent cardomain emails a couple of times chewing them out. I told them, they were benefitting from all the hard work other people had done, then trying to cash in on it. Which.............. they are.

Sponsors buy advertising space on their web site. Do the people who did all the hard work on the 500,000 or so cars,trucks,bikes get one cent of this money? NOPE!

But cardomain continues to use your photos and mine of our cars to get more advertsing dollars.

Okay. I'll admit using agree cardomain does have a benefit or two for the users.

Quick Reply: Any Cardomain Car Domain members here?