Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

almost out of debt

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 07:24 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default almost out of debt

well i am almost caught up in my bills. i had to take two of my credit card companys to cort do to not willing to work with me. now i paid off one and working off anouther and i still have my loan for my monte and rent to my dad even though we own our house the rent in a way is help paying the electric bill. but i am finally caught up a little but i still want to pay off the other bill i took to court and pay off my monte so i dont have to worrie. but i want or wish that i can pay off every thing. if i didnt go unempled for a year and a half i wouldent worrie. i know there is others out there in the same perdicament but i know we all are getting out or trying to get out of the slump that we all are in. i just cant wait to catch up more to be more of ok i can breath a little

Old 02-25-2011, 07:32 AM

Hi John, we wish you good luck 4-Sure... Check the below for some tips & cautions.
http://www.debtmanagement.net/2011/02/

Last edited by Space; 02-25-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:51 AM
15 Year Member

the reson why i took the two credit companies to court they jumped there interest from 12% to 100%. between two monthes i ended up take them to court and told the judge i cant pay some thing that has 100% interest. i would only be paying on the interest only and wont be able to nock down what i owe the judge agreed with me and he nocked it down to 6% a year and only have to pay at least $100 a month with that interest payment a year. i was able to pay off one of them in a rush befor a year and i am paying off anouther. i just wish i could payed off both at the same time beforee the year was up.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:30 AM

Good for you, getting out of debt is no easy task.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:45 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am glad to read you are seeing some light at the end of a long tunnel.

With unemployment so high in this country it's no wonder people can't keep up. And (sorry I step on toes) realtors thinking $450,000 for a home as cheap is insane!!! WHO can afford that kind of payment? they have homes in my area listed for $350-$450,000. There's NO industry left in the area. Not like it was 20-30 years ago. My dad made good money at Chrysler. I doubt even the head guy there now makes what my dad made?

Our politicians have sold us out. Claiming "We're keeping the high paying jobs and allowing the lower paying jobs to go overseas." Give me a break!!!

Wally World, McDs, and Dollar Store ONLY pay minimum wages and that's the majority of jobs around here now.

Originally Posted by monte07
the reson why i took the two credit companies to court they jumped there interest from 12% to 100%. between two monthes i ended up take them to court and told the judge i cant pay some thing that has 100% interest. i would only be paying on the interest only and wont be able to nock down what i owe the judge agreed with me and he nocked it down to 6% a year and only have to pay at least $100 a month with that interest payment a year. i was able to pay off one of them in a rush befor a year and i am paying off anouther. i just wish i could payed off both at the same time beforee the year was up.
I had a similar problem. A card I'd had for years jumped my interest from 9.something to over 17%. They claimed it was cause I owed so much money. I complained. Come to find out, it was cause I borrowed money to buy my '06 Monte. I told them over & over. "WHO doesn't have a car payment in this country?" And that it was my first car payment in 20 years. It did little good.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:04 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm in the middle of paying down some credit card debt. It's on a card with a BT with a very low apr. Also my 05 will be paid off in less than a year so that will help too.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:29 AM
15 Year Member

i am glad in a way i am getting some money back from taxes but i wont be seeing it because i am going to use it towards the other bill to nock it down even further. so all i will have to worrie about the others. but the down side and bright side in a way it will be some thing not to worrie about. thanks every one here that posted i hope that i can pay every thing off soon

Old 02-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

John, good luck with paying down the bills. I think most of us have racked up a lot of debt lately. Myself included. Sometimes it seems like there's no end to it. But it looks like there's a light at the end of the tunnel for you. As soon as you pay everything off, it'll feel great. Then it's time to have a huge party!

Old 02-28-2011, 08:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Good for you =D my dad is trying really hard to get us outta debt & it looks really hard. He always tells me to never get a credit card unless I absolutely have to & to start saving now so I can pay off my house right away in cash when i go to buy one in the future (that seems like a reallyyyy hard thing to do)

Old 02-28-2011, 04:56 PM
15 Year Member

i had no choice on getting the two and i wish i didnt but thanks every one i needed to see and here what was said to be honest because it felt like a night mare

Quick Reply: almost out of debt