Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

73-77

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 10:31 AM
1 Year Member
Default 73-77

Haven't been to this site for awhile and I see some changes have occurred that leaves us 2 nd gen owners without a category now at all to post in. Does anyone know of a forum that is more for the 73-77 or other RWD Monte's ? No offense to the moderator , just trying to find a more suitable venue for info.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

We do have RWD tech guides. Im sure its dificult for the moderators to keel up with it as there arnt that many members. I for one would like to see the older generations contributing more to the forum beacuse my dream monte carlo is a 74 I hope you stick around and contribute to the information on the older generations so we can make this about more than 5th 6th and 7th gens.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mike:
Welcome back!
As a matter of fact...
Seems each and everyday we have more and more RWD Monte owners joining the MCF Family such as yourself... I for 1 am andold school guy.. (Child of the 50's) shhhhh lol

If theres anything you need...
I will do my level best to help you get your needs met!

Thanks for checking in!

Old 04-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Zen

We still got a few of us 2nd gen guys around

Old 04-13-2014, 10:46 AM
1 Year Member

thanx for the replies. I am looking forward to getting my cars out of storage in the next month and start enjoying burning 5$ a gallon gas again. Made a nice score last month on some 76 parts. Picked up a hood, two grille housings, the grille bars, a gas tank,+ sun visors in awesome shape all for 75$. I keep an eye on my local Kijiji site every day and jump on anything that looks good.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Mike:
Definately sounds like you have a definite plan in place.

Especially now that the weather seems to be Co operating more and more each day.
I'm curious...
How far are you from the Michigan boarder?
We actually have a member that joins us at various venues throughout the season from toronto. I believe his trip 1 way is around 5hrs....
Maybe..if it's feasible you could attend a meet and greet, cruise or a car show with us?
Just a thought.
We also have other older gens (like yours)also attending this season in and around michigan.
Definately looking forward to hearing more of the progress as your build continues.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

@MonteMikeM - We are NOT trying to kill off the RWD part of the Monte Family. Ultimately, we're trying to stream line things a little.
The "how to" sections that were aimed at each gen had a lot of great info that got buried by member questions (sorta lost target with the "how to" idea). As it turns out, most how to stuff boiled down to RWD or FWD, so we have a section dedicated for the two different types of Montes.

For people looking for help with their Monte (regardless of gen), we have one section.

You will also find, we kept gen specific prefixes.

We recognize that most of our active members are FWD owners, but we have a lot of people with RWD experience here. If you have a suggestion that we the staff should consider to help MCF.com improve, feel free to PM us

Old 04-16-2014, 08:59 AM
1 Year Member

thanks for the info regarding Michigan but I am not able to cross the border unfortunately but if there was a meet in Windsor, Sarnia etc I would consider attending. I am about 6 hours from Windsor and 4 or so from Sarnia. My comment regarding the changes to the forum board is based on the fact there is not a specific area to just shoot the shyte for the 2nd gens like there was before. I understand there is a smaller number of members and board space is limited so no big deal. I am used to the forum I belong to for my Torino which has only the 68-76 years to deal with and for the most part , similar type of cars thru the years, no FWD . I appreciate that there is even a place to talk Carlo at all.