Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

600 Horsepower Club : )

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 07:30 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 600 Horsepower Club : )

[/align][/align]Hi MCF Members, which below dream machine would you like to have/drive ? I`m trying to get some of our governments bail-out Money so your tax dollars can pay for one of the belowreams are still `free...EnJoy

The 600-Horsepower Club
Uphill, downhill…20 mph or 200... These cars just don’t care.
600-bhp Club: Bentley Continental GT Speed
Elegant, refined, understated and very fast.
600-bhp Club: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
It might just be the best regular sports car ever made.
600-bhp Club: Dodge Viper SRT10
The Viper is about as subtle as a punch in the mouth, but a lot more fun.
600-bhp Club: Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
The 599 is a pure dose of sports-car aggression, busy and charismatic.
600-bhp Club: Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
In this group, the Lamborghini may be the most exhilarating car.
600-bhp Club: Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
The SL65 makes its own charisma, a beautifully integrated hyperkinetic perfection.
Nissan GT-R SpecV
Something wicked this way...isn't coming.
Road Test: Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series
A Benz from the Dark Side, with DTM-inspired bodywork and a twin-turbo twelve.
Revealed! Droptop Nissan 370Z
A bona fide competitor for the far more expensive Porsche Boxster.
The Last Aston Martin Vanquish
Newport Pagnell builds its last car.
[:-]Click below for source link[:-][/align]http://www.roadandtrack.com/[/align]
[/align]

Old 01-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Default RE: 600 Horsepower Club : )

[align=center][:-]Which one do you want in your driveway ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below is the one for the $,I would choose `if I hit the lotto[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You might say the automotive world is schizophrenically agog over the ZR1 right now. Half of us can`t believe any Corvette could cost $102,450 and the other half can`t believe you can buy this much technology and performance for "only" $102,450.[/align][align=center]0-60 MPH is 3.3 seconds [/align][align=center] 1/4-mile, sec 11.4 @ 125.5 mph[8D]
off the showroom floor
[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I would pay & be happy just to be able to test one on[/align][align=center]the track "2 dare 2 `dream"[/align]

Old 01-29-2009, 08:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with you space.

the ZR1 is a no brainer. ESPECIALLY if you have ever seen one in person.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I wish I had the money to be a part of that club!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:21 AM

[align=center]Mike, thanks for taking the time to post & share your [/align][align=center]awesome pictures of GM`s auto erotica.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I know that cost is unreachable to the masses, but it`s great[/align][align=center]to have an American Auto Company produce such a[/align][align=center]total performance sports car to compete with the competition[/align][align=center]for half the price. The below picture is my screen saver.[/align][align=center][:-]I have to keep cleaning my screen. LOL [:-][/align][align=center][/align]
Below is for our affluentMCF Members that would like to order
[align=center][/align]
a four wheel sex machine with a key.[:-]If I ever get the chance to drive
one, I think I would have to put on a adult diaper LOL
[/align]

2009 Corvette ZR1[*]1ZR
3ZR
[ul][/ul]
[/align][hr]

1ZR
Corvette2009 ZR1 1zr: Starts at $106,520*
Highlights:[*]638-hp 6.2 Liter LS9 supercharged aluminum-block V8 engine[*]Dry-sump oil system[*]Brembo® Carbon Ceramic Brakes[*]Visible carbon-fiber roof, roof bow, rocker extensions and front air splitter[*]Carbon-fiber domed hood with supercharger window[*]Unique carbon fiber dual cove front fender[*]Double-wishbone suspension[*]Magnetic Selective Ride Control[*]Short-throw six-speed manual transmission[*]Xenon high-intensity discharge headlamps[*]NEW variable-ratio steering[*]20-spoke Sterling Silver colored aluminum wheels[*]Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 ZP tires[*]Keyless access with push-button start[*]Dual−zone air conditioning[*]Driver Information Center (DIC) (includes Tire Pressure Monitor)[*]Auxiliary audio input jack[*]Active Handling System with four-wheel ABS and Traction Control[*]XM Radio(1) with three trial months[*]Frontal air bags(2) with Passenger Sensing System[*]OnStar(3) with one-year Safe & Sound Plan[*]Extended Mobility Tires (EMT)[*]Head-Up Display (HUD)[*]Leather seating surfaces with six-way power driver seat[*]Power-telescoping steering column[*]Dual-zone electronic climate control[*]Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
[ul][/ul]
Summary of select features & specs
View 360s
[/align]

[hr]

3ZR
Corvette2009 ZR1 3zr: Starts at $116,520*

[hr]

[/align]Highlights:[*]638-hp 6.2 Liter LS9 supercharged aluminum-block V8 engine[*]Dry-sump oil system[*]Brembo® Carbon Ceramic Brakes[*]Visible carbon-fiber roof, roof bow, rocker extensions and front air splitter[*]Carbon-fiber domed hood with supercharger window[*]Unique carbon fiber dual-cove front fender[*]Aluminized stainless steel exhaust[*]Double-wishbone suspension[*]Magnetic Selective Ride Control[*]Short-throw six-speed manual transmission[*]NEW variable-ratio steering[*]20-spoke Sterling Silver color aluminum wheels[*]Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 ZP tires[*]Keyless access with push-button start[*]Driver Information Center (DIC) (includes Tire Pressure Monitor)[*]Auxiliary audio input jack[*]Active Handling System with four-wheel ABS and Traction Control[*]XM Radio(1) with three trial months[*]Frontal air bags(2) with Passenger Sensing System and side-impact air bags(2)[*]OnStar(3) with one-year Safe & Sound Plan[*]NEW Bluetooth® wireless technology for select compatible phones(4)[*]Head-Up Display (HUD)[*]Memory Package[*]Heated Leather seating surfaces with six-way power driver and passenger seat[*]Custom Leather-Wrapped Interior Package[*]Power-telescoping steering column[*]Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
[ul][/ul]
Summary of select features & specs
View 360s
[/align][/align]

Old 01-29-2009, 06:15 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

VIPER

Old 01-29-2009, 09:48 PM

if i really wanted i could put this monte there but would it really be worth it??? but the zr1 is for me

Old 01-30-2009, 09:48 PM

chibiblacksheepu suck our car show didnt pop the hood and ive always dreamed and loved the vipers for as long as i can remember but after seeing the ZR1 2 weeks ago i have to change my mind but either would be awsome

Old 01-30-2009, 10:42 PM

my choice outta this bunch would be Nissan GT-R SpecV i know its not american muscle but its an awsome machine and would love this car if im not mistaken its almost as fast as the corvertt. The corvette would be my second choice love all the cars....

Old 01-31-2009, 06:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

The ZR1 would be my pick, also. Agreed that some of the foreign cars are tempting, But AMERICAN made is for us, and nothing but. The European exotics are nice, as is the Japanese exotics, but the ZR1 would be my pick if I could lay down the cash. Give me the leather, also.