Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

6 Cars Worth Waiting For ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question 6 Cars Worth Waiting For ?

FYI: Member's what do you think ? Post your Comments....

Just filling in the Empty `Space & giving member's
SomeThing 2 read/see

6 Cars Worth Waiting For ?

by Peter Valdes-Dapena, senior writer
Tuesday, January 19, 2010provided by
If you're considering a new car, keep these upcoming models, just unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show, in mind.

© John R. Couglin/CNNMoney.com

1. Honda CR-Z
Honda is going "retro" with this hybrid model just introduced at the Detroit Auto Show. It goes on sale in the summer.
Back in the 1980s Honda sold a two seat car called the CR-X. The same trait that made it fun to drive -- it was extremely light -- also made it extremely fuel efficient. The way the EPA rated fuel economy in those days, it got an eye-popping 57 miles per gallon in highway driving. Using today's EPA test, it would get about 51 mpg.

The CR-Z hybrid won't even touch that. Honda estimates it will get 36 mpg and 38 on the highway with an automatic transmission and slightly less with a manual. It's powered by a 1.5-liter engine and electric motors for a combined 122 horsepower.
The pay-off for today's lower fuel economy is that the CR-Z will be bigger and much safer than the CR-X. Twenty years ago, a safe small car was virtually an oxymoron. The federal government never crash tested the CR-X but, given that the larger Honda Prelude of the time earned just one star, it's unlikely the CR-X would have done better. Improved safety means more weight -- from airbags and added body structure -- and lower fuel economy.

2. Ford Focus
When the new Focus compact car goes on sale at the start of 2011, Ford will finally be selling the same Focus in Europe and the U.S. It will start producing this car in other markets after that. That's good for Ford because it saves the carmaker serious money. It's good for you because Ford's European Focus is a much better, more enjoyable car than the one they've been selling here.

The new Focus will have a new hi-tech 2.0-liter engine and a dual-clutch six-speed automatic transmission. Dual clutch transmissions provide a feel similar to that of a manual, but the shifts happen automatically and much faster than you could manage yourself.
The new engine is more powerful than today's Focus and Ford promises it will be up to 10% more fuel efficient, which could mean fuel economy of about 33 miles per gallon in combined city and highway driving.

3. Lincoln MKX
Besides a new, more flowing design with Lincoln's signature "bow wave" grill, the MKX crossover gets a new 305-horsepower 3.7-liter V6 engine. The most important improvements are on the inside, however. The new MKX's much-improved interior is more fitting for a luxury brand. Also, this SUV offers Ford's first use of the MyLincoln Touch interface technology. (It will also be sold as MyFord Touch and MyMercury Touch.)
The system is a maxed-out form of Ford's popular Sync software that drivers can use to operate their mobile phones, music players and various car functions and features using voice commands or a simple touch-sensitive computer interface. The system is designed to keep the driver's hands on the wheels and eyes on the road.
The MKX will be quieter than competing crossovers from Lexus and Audi, Ford boasts, while being more enjoyable than today's MKX. Besides the new engine, which you'll also find under the hood of the new Mustang, the MKX will have a manually shiftable six-speed automatic transmission.

4. Mercedes-Benz E-class Cabriolet
This cloth-top version of the E-class coupe is the first convertible E-class since the 1990s. Mercedes engineers have made a valiant effort to protect E-class Cabriolet occupants from the downsides of driving a convertible.
The E-class Cabriolet has a "a particularly high level of sound insulation," according to Mercedes, giving it one of the quiestest interiors in its class with the roof up. The top can be raised or lowered at speeds up to 25 miles per hour.
With the top down, an available "AirCap" system creates an area of calm warm air for the occupants even as the wind rushes by above them. With the windows rolled up, small wind deflectors rise above the windshield and behind the back seats to create the effect. The system can be deployed at speeds of up to 100 miles per hour.
The E550 Cabriolet will have a 382 horsepower engine and the E350 provides 268 horsepower. The car goes on sale in the spring.

LOL ~ LOL

5. Ford Mustang GT 5.0
If you're thinking of buying a 2010 Ford Mustang, stop now and go back to waiting. If you already bought one... sorry. While the 2011 Mustang isn't exactly a new car -- it's just an improvement to the car you can buy now -- but the improvements are major.
Most significant is the new 5.0-liter V8 engine unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show. It's going to replace the 4.6-liter engine in today's car. The new engine is significantly more powerful, producing 412 horsepower compared to 315 from the 4.6-liter engine, while fuel economy is one mpg better.
The base Mustang's V6 engine, which was unveiled in November at the Los Angeles Auto Show, is a lot better, too. It produces 305 horsepower, nearly as much as today's V8. At the same time, it's projected to get 30 mpg on the highway.
Of course there's more to performance than just the engine. Ford promises better steering feel from a new electronic power steering system and the suspension system has also been improved to provide even better handing than the current Mustang.

6. Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
Cadillac unveiled the CTS coupe, Cadillac's splashiest style statement to in recent years, at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November. This is the supercharged 556-horsepower high performance version with the same engine and transmission as the four-door CTS-V sedan. Given that the CTS-V can already out-race more expensive European competitors, the CTS-V coupe, smaller, lighter and with a slightly wider tail, should be even more exciting.
Other differences from the sedan include a more sloped-back windshield and Corvette-style touch-pads in place of traditional door handles. Like the sedan, it will be available with either a six-speed automatic or a six-speed manual transmission.

Last edited by Space; 01-19-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:14 AM

10 most expensive cars to own and drive

by Russ Heaps

If you just have to drive your idea of the best car in the world, feel the need to impress every friend and stranger in sight or just have more money than you know what to do with, these cars might capture your fancy.

Here is a list of the 10 most expensive-to-own new vehicles, according to Edmunds.com. Four are from Mercedes-Benz and all but one are European imports. When you consider that the cars on our least-expensive-to-own list cost $0.39 per mile or less to own, the idea of paying $3 to $4 a mile is staggering.
In addition to the average market transaction price and financing rates, the estimates of what it truly costs to own these cars include factors such as fuel, insurance, repairs, maintenance and depreciation. The end result is a ballpark figure for the total cost over the first five years of ownership, as well as the cost per mile based on driving 15,000 miles per year.
All estimates come courtesy of Edmunds.com which features a "True Cost to Own" calculator.
1. Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series

Starting price: $301,750
5-year total: $364,471
Cost per mile: $4.86

What pushes the Black Series up the price ladder from the SL65 AMG is the wide use of carbon-fiber body parts and some under-the-hood enhancements. Its 670-horsepower, 6-liter twin-turbo V-12 slingshots this two-seater to 60 miles per hour in less than four seconds. It's also loaded to the gills with high-tech standard equipment.

2. Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG

Starting price: $202,825
5-year total: $244,363
Cost per mile: $3.26

Capable of reaching 60 miles per hour from a standstill in just over four seconds, the S65 AMG combines opulent interior appointments with outrageously aggressive performance. It uses the same 6-liter twin-turbo V-12 found in other high-end Mercedes models but in this application it develops 604 horsepower.

3. Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG

Starting price: $205,575
5-year total: $230,771
Cost per mile: $3.08

A strikingly handsome coupe, the CL65 AMG is more than a pretty face. Its 604-horsepower, 6-liter twin-turbo V-12 is capable of going from zero to 60 in just over four seconds. Standard gear includes a rearview camera and nighttime vision assist.

4. Audi R8

Starting price: $126,400
5-year total: $159,753
Cost per mile: $2.13

If your goal is to get noticed, there is no surer way to do it than behind the wheel of Audi's R8. Sleek, fast and decadent, the R8 uses a mid-mounted 420-horsepower 4.2-liter V-8 to turn all four wheels. It can dash from zero to 60 in just over four seconds. Sure it's expensive, but it is arguably the most accessible exotic on the market.

5. Porsche 911 Convertible Turbo

Starting price: $141,650
5-year total: $159,393
Cost per mile: $2.13

With an extra-cost options list as long as your arm, this two-seat drop-top offers an array of customizing choices. A 480-horsepower, 3.6-liter twin-turbo flat six-cylinder engine funnels output to all four wheels through a six-speed manual transmission. It gets to 60 miles per hour in less than four seconds.

6. Audi A8 L W12

Starting price: $122,625
5-year total: $153,588
Cost per mile: $2.05

The "L" in its name refers to this luxury sedan's stretched wheelbase, while the "W12" indicates it packs the potent 450-horsepower, 6-liter, W-12 engine under its hood. Fewer than six ticks of the clock are needed for the A8 L W12 to reach 60 miles per hour. Among its standard features are massaging front seats and four-zone automatic climate control.

7. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Starting price: $106,620
5-year total: $146,096
Cost per mile: $1.95

The Zeus of 'Vettes, the ZR1 is a supercar by any measure. Motivating it to a zero to 60 time of just over three seconds is a 638-horsepower supercharged 6.2-liter, V-8. Although it doesn't possess the amount of high-end bric-a-brac many of the other entries on this list do, pound for pound and dollar for dollar it may just be the best sports car in the world.

8. Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

Starting price: $125,775
5-year total: $138,613
Cost per mile: $1.85

The only SUV on this list, the Cayenne Turbo S packs Porsche performance into an off-road-capable all-wheel-drive uber package. Turning all four wheels is a 550-horsepower, 4.8-liter, twin-turbo V-8. Reaching 60 miles per hour from a stop takes a hair less than five seconds. A 14-speaker surround-sound audio system and a hard-drive-based navigation system are standard.

9. BMW M6 Convertible

Starting price: $111,725
5-year total: $138,186
Cost per mile: $1.84

The high-performance version of the 6 Series, the M6 is fitted with a 500-horsepower 5-liter, V-10, providing this soft-top with zero to 60 sprints of less than five seconds. A 13-speaker Harman Kardon surround-sound audio system and adaptive xenon headlights are standard.

10. Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG

Starting price: $99,775
5-year total: $137,749
Cost per mile: $1.84

No sedan better captures the sleek flow of a coupe's styling than the Mercedes-Benz CLS. In its hopped-up guise as the CLS63 AMG, it complements its drop-dead curb appeal with an asphalt-chomping 507-horsepower, 6.2-liter, V-8 engine. Reaching 60 miles per hour requires just a bit more than four seconds with a top speed of more than 180 miles per hour.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
7. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Starting price: $106,620
5-year total: $146,096
Cost per mile: $1.95

The Zeus of 'Vettes, the ZR1 is a supercar by any measure. Motivating it to a zero to 60 time of just over three seconds is a 638-horsepower supercharged 6.2-liter, V-8. Although it doesn't possess the amount of high-end bric-a-brac many of the other entries on this list do, pound for pound and dollar for dollar it may just be the best sports car in the world.
I agree! And I would love to have one! DREAMS!

Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

5. Ford Mustang GT 5.0
If you're thinking of buying a 2010 Ford Mustang, stop now and go back to waiting. If you already bought one... sorry. While the 2011 Mustang isn't exactly a new car -- it's just an improvement to the car you can buy now -- but the improvements are major.
Most significant is the new 5.0-liter V8 engine unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show. It's going to replace the 4.6-liter engine in today's car. The new engine is significantly more powerful, producing 412 horsepower compared to 315 from the 4.6-liter engine, while fuel economy is one mpg better.
The base Mustang's V6 engine, which was unveiled in November at the Los Angeles Auto Show, is a lot better, too. It produces 305 horsepower, nearly as much as today's V8. At the same time, it's projected to get 30 mpg on the highway.
Of course there's more to performance than just the engine. Ford promises better steering feel from a new electronic power steering system and the suspension system has also been improved to provide even better handing than the current Mustang.

6. Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
Cadillac unveiled the CTS coupe, Cadillac's splashiest style statement to in recent years, at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November. This is the supercharged 556-horsepower high performance version with the same engine and transmission as the four-door CTS-V sedan. Given that the CTS-V can already out-race more expensive European competitors, the CTS-V coupe, smaller, lighter and with a slightly wider tail, should be even more exciting.
Other differences from the sedan include a more sloped-back windshield and Corvette-style touch-pads in place of traditional door handles. Like the sedan, it will be available with either a six-speed automatic or a six-speed manual transmission.

These are the only two that I care about on that list. LOL. And i'd never buy a Mustang personally, but I still stay pretty informed on them. The Mustang I totally agree, hands down, the 2011, is something to wait for if you were considering a 2010. Of course Ford had to throw something out there, or else the Camaro would literally eat the Stang alive! Personally, I like the 99-09 Mustangs (both body's were nice). But the 2010, i'm not to crazy about.

The CTS coupe, that looks pretty awesome, i'd drive one! I just read an article last night in my Motor Trend mag on it, sweet car!

Old 01-19-2010, 08:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Number 7: The Revival of the Monte Carlo. THAT'S a car worth waiting for

Old 01-19-2010, 09:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I'll wait till AMC puts out a new model....someday.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:35 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

wow top 3 are Mercedes Benz lol, gahh i want a SL65 Black Series but if it cost that much to own than my god looks like ill be waiting,

i cant wait to test drive a 5.0 & i do like the caddy

Old 01-19-2010, 03:03 PM

`Space Dream List

It's a good thing that dream are free,
because `if they charged for them,
I'd be bankrupted 4 -Sure.

Makes me want 2 `go out & buy
a Lotto Ticket
&
Say triple prayers.

My grandfather always preached:
"Dreams are where you want to `go &
work is how you get there" ~> Space
I'm work'in my `dreams.

Wish you reading this Great dreams....
Hurry & dream, cause our government is trying
to find a way 2 tax them LOL

Last edited by Space; 01-19-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:06 PM

Click Above ^ ^ ^ Link
Check `out the brakelight/spoiler
(or is it the tip of a SpaceSurfBoard: )
WoW
4-More ~ 4-Sure
EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 01-19-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I'd love a 2011 Stang and of course the CTS-V coupe.

Yes please!

Quick Reply: 6 Cars Worth Waiting For ?