Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The 50 Worst Cars of All Time

Old 10-26-2010, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs down The 50 Worst Cars of All Time

Source:

Bettmann / Corbis

As the North American International Auto Show kicks off in Detroit, TIME and Dan Neil, Pulitzer Prize-winning automotive critic and syndicated columnist for the Los Angeles Times, look at the greatest lemons of the automotive industry Read More »
  • 1899-1939

From the Horsey Horseless to the Model T and the Airflow, ten horror stories from the auto industry's earliest days More »
  • 1940-1959

From the Crosley Hotshot to the Dauphine and the King Midget, ten auto blunders from the '40s and '50s More »
  • 1960-1974

From the Amphicar to the Pinto and the Gremlin, ten colossal car mistakes from the Vietnam era More »
  • 1975-1989

From the Trabant to the Lagonda and the De Lorean, the worst cars of the 1980s More »
  • 1990-Present

From the Prowler to the Explorer and the GM EV1, the worst cars from the past 17 years More »
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/0,28757,1658545,00.html#ixzz13TSJ8Ttv

...Hi Member's, The above is a great auto history on what the writer of this article claims are the worst cars...Do you agree, or do you have any cars to add to the list...

Just filling in the empty `space in hope it entertains, and informs....Post your thoughts....Our sponsor's love to see activity on our Monte Carlo Family Forum....
EnJoy your `Now
Your
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 10-26-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:23 AM

Below is some more Topic's, if you did not like the above : )
Just try'in 2 keep you here on the MCF , cause you never know what you will see/read/learn 4-Sure.....
Make a post & greet a new member, or go to the Blog & let us know what you are doing 2day/2morrow/now
Latest Lists

More Lists »Most Popular »

Full List »
MOST READ

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...#ixzz13TUnamgL

Old 10-26-2010, 09:39 AM

I found the worst list article informative, and I learned about cars I never seen before...I was surprised about the Camaro & the Corvette being on the list : (
1982 Camaro Iron Duke

There was a time when 90 horsepower was a lot, and that time was 1932. Fifty years later, it was bupkis, especially under the hood of Chevy's beloved Mustang-fighter, the Camaro. As the base engine for the redesigned 1982 Camaro (and Pontiac Firebird), the 2.5-liter, four-cylinder "Iron Duke" was the smallest, least powerful, most un-Camaro-like engine that could be and, like the California Corvette, it was connected to a low-tech three-speed slushbox. So equipped, the Iron Duke Camaro had 0-60 mph acceleration of around 20 seconds, which left Camaro owners to drum their fingers while school buses rocketed past in a blur of yellow.

1980 Corvette 305 "California"

Federal emissions requirements of the 1970s took a big neutering knife to American muscle cars, and no car bled more than the Corvette. The worst of it came in California — dang hippy librels! — where stricter state regs required that the barely adequate 350 cu.-in. smallblock in the 1980 Corvette be replaced with a wholly inadequate 305 V8, putting out 180 hp of pure shame. On top of that, the "California" Corvette sucked its pitiful rivulet of horsepower through the straw of a torque-sapping three-speed automatic transmission. That gave the Corvette — the very totem of hairy-chest, disco machismo — acceleration comparable to a very hot Vespa. These were dark days indeed. <~ 4-Sure......

I do like the DeSign of this generation Corvette...
Just needs a new powerplant dropped in2 it : )

Old 10-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

How this modern marvel didn't make it on the list, I have no idea:

Old 10-27-2010, 06:36 AM

Ten Of The Worst Cars Ever Made

Here are ten of the worst cars Detroit ever rolled out.
Some of these are the worst from a mechanical stand point, some from a visual stand point and some just got a lot of bad press.
A few are cars that always make everyone's top ten worst, but I think really aren't that bad.
The list isn't biased, there are Chevrolets, Fords, Chrysler and AMCs here.
So starting off, we have a marketing misfire from a company known for luxury.....

1. Cadillac Cimarron

See all 10 photos

Cadillac Cimarron

It's a compact car made by Cadillac for cryin out loud!
Caddys are not compact cars.
They are one of the symbols of American excess!
Standard engine was a four cylinder (though you could get a V-6) and it looked like a brick with wheels.

2. Pontiac Aztek

Pontiac Aztek

What were they smoking when they designed this...thing?
(I apologize to the VW Thing which I always thought was weird but kinda cute)
Time magazine and The Daily Telegraph both called it one of the ugliest vehicles of all time.
If it weren't so ( I hate to keep using this word over and over) ugly, it might not have been so bad.
It did have some unique features like a dashboard designed by NASA contractor Johnson Controls (complete with a heads up display), a center console that doubled as a removable cooler, an optional 10 speaker Pioneer stereo system and a CD/MP3 player option back in 2004.

3. Dodge Aspen

Dodge Aspen

Maybe I'm mad at the Dodge Aspen because it replaced a car I considered almost indestructible, the Dodge Dart.
The only saving grace for the Aspen was the Aspen R/T.