Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

-> 4 "Hippies Only" : )

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:19 PM

That thing is awesome! Just needs some flowers painted on it and a mattress in the back

Old 03-02-2011, 12:21 PM

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...cle_2886.shtml

The interior kind of looks Apple-ish doesn't it? Like the lines and the style of it.

Bench seats!

Old 03-02-2011, 01:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Taht thing is Groooooovy babbbbby

Old 03-02-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nocturnx

The interior kind of looks Apple-ish doesn't it? Like the lines and the style of it.

Hi `Alex,
Great link & great pictures... Yes a inflatable air mattress would make a great option : ) + if it breaks down, the owner could always fill it up with water & have a jacuzzi LOL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VW New Ad

and you will want to
purchase one of our
Vehicles 4-Sure...
We have some Smok'in Rides.
Stop in & Smoke One & `go 4 a `Trip LOL
We have some great `Stuff, we will do everything to
make you happy...We have special coffee's & brownies 2 : )
..We got a Smok'in deal 4 U 4-$ure : ) Here, take another hit : )~*
..WeeeeeeeeeeeWoWeeeeeeeeeeeeee :
================================
- VW, it's a Mellow Ride - on your `High-Ways -

================================================== =========
Disclaimer
The MCF does not condone the use
of illegal drugs while posting.
Violator(s) will be punished and all your
drug paraphernalia will be confiscated
by the `Staff 4 testing 4-Sure...
=================================
Thanks `Alex, Lou & member's 4 your posts/input..
OK, where was I.....or where am I....How do I get
outa here ? Peace/Out/EnJoy your visit to the MCF : )

Last edited by Space; 03-02-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:51 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Hi `Alex,
Great link & great pictures... Yes a inflatable air mattress would make a great option : ) + if it breaks down, the owner could always fill it up with water & have a jacuzzi LOL
"I took her by the hand. We maded luv in my VW van. But that's alright with me."

LOL

Old 03-03-2011, 11:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Outlaw35
Hey Space buddy how ya doin?
People who love their german cars probably dont work on them, they are a big pain to wrench on, and IMO Americans think german engineering is so great because thats what TV commercials have been telling them for the past 20 years, I've worked at 3 differant shops and every mechanic i've known will agree they suck. We get more german and japanese cars in our shop than we do American cars. With regular and proper maintanance any car will last 200k 300k miles, I plan on getting 300k on my Monte,The most i've ever seen was a Chevy truck w/ 615,000 miles on it.
x 1,000,000 !!!!

That what I always say! People who like them don't work on them, or sell parts for them, which is also a huge pain in the ***! VW and BMW are made from spare parts the factory has left over from previous model productions. Even people who have owned them don't know a lot about them, because their car is likely different then another of the same year and model - you never know what you have! Catalogues are constantly wrong (but its actually the cars that are continually wrong). Nothing quite like tearing an engine down just to try and figure out what kind of head gasket it needs, only to find out its not available! The dealership is no better at the guessing game. VW VIN's mean nothing. Because of these cars, I get to spend 80% of my work day dealing with 20% of my problems

European car owners enjoy their cars at the expense of the broken backs of the chumps dumb enough not to send them packin' when they show up for service. If the owners could only pay attention to the reality instead of the marketing. Those who do service them should have no moral issues with taking them to the cleaners for fixing that crap - the owners don't consider their mechanics point of view when they buy or bring them the headache.

On a side note, in my experience BMW owners are the cheapest car owners of all

[end rant] Outlaw35 is my new best friend.

All that aside, I do actually think that van looks kinda cool. That's how I know VW will never actually build it.

Last edited by JuniorCar; 03-03-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:34 AM

LOL Well said JuniorCar, I sent you a friend request.

On a side note JC, I've been through London Ont. many times my gramma lived in Copetown and my brother lived in Dundas and Hamilton I love it up there!

Last edited by Outlaw35; 03-03-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:25 PM

...R.J., that was funny ~> Thanks : )
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi `Brent & Randy,
I respect your experience and what you both posted about VW. First, I've never owned, or have worked on any model of VW's, but I get confused by the research I attempt to do on many auto companies....My senior friends that own VW's, Mercedes, BMW love their cars & none has had any major problems...I think every auto company has certain problems.

To be fair, and I'm not posting to add any fuel to a fire, I will post the below links that I recently read about VW's for you to check when time permits....

I was again just having fun with this thread and filling in the empty `spaces, and really aprreciate everyones contributions.

Check out the below when U have time...It's interesting & in conflict/contrast with your experience...but, that's life 4-Sure : )

Peace/Out

Volkswagen leads 2010 Total Value Index, FoMoCo beats Honda ...

Jan 31, 2011 ... Volkswagen leads 2010 Total Value Index, FoMoCo beats Honda, Hyundai Sonata scores highest-ever .... price paid, expected resale value, innovation, etc. ... variables that make up the ownership experience, and it is here ...
www.egmcartech.com/.../volkswagen-leads-2010-total-value-index-fomoco-beats-honda-hyundai-sonata-scores-highest-ever/ - Cached

Strategic Vision - Press Releases - Competitors beware: VW/Audi ...

Jan 25, 2011 ... The Total Value Index™ was calculated from 111212 buyers who ... price paid, expected resale value, innovation, etc.). Total Value then incorporates the importance of the variables that make up the ownership experience, ...
www.strategicvision.com/press_release.php?pr=38 - Cached

Review Volkswagen - What Car Is Best & Worst Of '10?

Find Out With Consumer Reports!
www.consumerreports.org/Best_Cars

http://autos.msn.com/browse/Volkswagen.aspx?ICID=FAC
^^^User Ratings by Owners ^^^

Last edited by Space; 03-04-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:21 PM

I love VW's, Audi's, and Bimmer's. They are stylish, fun to drive, and have lots of luxury features. My father-in-law has been a VW and Mazda master mechanic for over 30 years. I just drive them, let the father-in-law work on them lol. But really I've never had a problem with one.

I really doubt that van will ever be put into production. At least not in the US.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by rj
"I took her by the hand. We maded luv in my VW van. But that's alright with me."

LOL
Is that from a song?

Quick Reply: -> 4 "Hippies Only" : )