Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

3.8V6-RWD-300HP-6Speed-20inchTires : )

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:46 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 3.8V6-RWD-300HP-6Speed-20inchTires : )

[align=center][/align][align=center]Member's what do you think of the below Coupe ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][:-]Hyundai Unveils Rear-Wheel-Drive Genesis Coupe Concept [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
This is effectively strike two of an action plan by Korean firm Hyundai aimed at broadening their appeal to driving enthusiasts. And so the Concept Genesis Coupe is introduced. A vehicle based on the Concept Genesis Sedan unveiled earlier this year, the concept car signals the arrival of a new rear-wheel-drive 2+2 sports coupe set for release in spring 2009 - a model separate from that of the front-wheel-drive Tiburon replacement.
Beautiful from afar but more menacing and intimidating up close, the Genesis Coupe Concept is a car that aims to 'capture the imagination of hardcore automotive enthusiasts', giving strong indications as to the production model's design. Among such indications are its powerful 'Z' bodylines and 'assertive' front and rear lamp designs. “With its aggressive look from just about any angle, I think we have been able to do that,” says Chief Designer at Hyundai's Californian Design Center, Joel Piaskowski.
The Genesis Coupe Concept draws on inspiration from two conceptual predecessors as well as that of LeMans race cars and a range of die cast vehicles. A stark 'Sonic Orange' paint scheme combines with 'Ballistic Black' carbon fibre bonnet panel, roof and ground components for weight-saving purposes, while adding a more sinister look. Sculpted into the hood of the car are three large heat extractors which not only visually aid the car's sporting appeal but can cool an engine of any power output. In production form, three slats at the front will aid engine cooling.
To be powered by a 3.8-litre V6 engine estimated to have power in excess of 300 horsepower and 250 lb-ft of torque, performance is expected to allow a 0-60 mph sprint of under5 seconds via a 6-speed manual transmission.
At the rear, front air intakes are mimiced by rear fascia-integrated twin exhausts, while the profile is emphasised by an arching roofline and tapered greenhouse. Stylish five-spoke 20-inch polished alloys finish off the dynamic appeal of the Genesis Coupe Concept. The production model is to hit showrooms in spring of 2009.

[hr]

Press Release
LOS ANGELES, Hyundai unveiled its highly anticipated Concept Genesis Coupe during a press conference at the Los Angeles International Auto Show today. The concept car heralds the introduction of an all-new, rear-wheel drive 2 + 2 sports coupe scheduled to join the Hyundai lineup in the spring of 2009. Following the introduction earlier this year of the Concept Genesis sedan, Concept Genesis Coupe signals Hyundai’s second step in broadening its appeal to driving enthusiasts.
CONCEPT GENESIS COUPE HIGHLIGHTS
[ul][*]Second rear-wheel drive performance car from Hyundai [*]300+ horsepower from enhanced 3.8-liter V6 from Genesis sedan [*]The production version of the sports coupe arrives in the spring of 2009 [/ul]
The Sonic Orange concept is complemented by a Ballistic Black carbon fiber hood, roof and ground effects for reduced weight. Strong hints of the production version are highlighted in its “Z” bodylines and powerful curves. When the production sports coupe arrives, it likely will be the most affordable 300+ horsepower car on the market, and the most dynamic performance car yet from Hyundai.
[b]â

Old 01-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Default RE: 3.8V6-RWD-300HP-6Speed-20inchTires : )

Spy Photos of Hyundai's New Rear-Wheel-Drive Coupe...Hyundai Moves Up Market.
GM, built one to blow it away

[:-]

Hyundai's upcoming rear-wheel-drive coupe has been caught testing in Korea. Hyundai has many new vehicles in the works including the new rear-wheel-drive Genesis sedan and this upcoming coupe. These two vehicles alone will move Hyundai into new segments that the automaker has never been in before. [/align]
Although this is the second time we are seeing spy photos of the new coupe, no one really knows the actual details about it. Basically is this coupe going to be based on the same platform as the new Genesis? According to Winding Road the RWD coupe will be powered by a V6 engine, but we do not know the size and how much power it will have. The biggest question concerns the name of this new coupe. Will it be branded as the Tiburon or will it have a new name?
This new coupe when it comes out sometime next year is going to compete against the Infiniti G37 and BMW 3-Series like vehicles. It is rumored that the car will have three different engine options, a naturally aspirated V6, a supercharged 3.8L V6 and a V8 with at least 300 horsepower.

Full Story: New Tiburon.com
Related Stories:
2009 Hyundai RWD Coupe Spy Photos...Can Hyundai Actually Compete with BMW?
Hyundai Hopes New Models Will Propel Them to One of [/align][/align][/align]

Old 01-29-2008, 08:33 AM

wow...gm would do good to build one but right now has to worry bout bein takin over by toyota and should focus on that

Old 01-29-2008, 09:03 AM

All the "NEW" rear wheel drive coupe cars on or coming, are all 4 seater or less sports models. Chevy has he Camaro on the way to do battle in the segment.

What we want is the mid size 5 passenger coupe. In other words a new Monte.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:18 AM

Thanks `Jeremy, & Bill,
Both good posts/points about GM.
It's great to see GM Loyalist : )
The last Iread was that Chevrolet was going to put
the 3.6 Multi Valve engine in the Base Camaro.
( I hope it's a six speed/dual exhaust : )
I just wish it wasn't taking GMthem so long to get them on the
streets...It seems like 4-ever.
I think competition makes better auto's for all : )
ps. `Bill -RevItUpFaster...great 2 see U online.
Peace/Space

Old 01-29-2008, 09:59 AM

Looks alot like the G6 coupe...I think I would rather get a G6 GXP.

I think the G8 GT is gonna be pretty sharp...361 horses, 385 lb-ft of torque, 6-speed, 18" wheels, dual exhaust...

Old 01-29-2008, 10:08 AM

I like it. I really didn't like the tiburon, but I'm happy they are replacing it with this. My sister has a tiburon for a while, and it had way to many problems in it, so hopefully they fix that with this car.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:20 PM

Thanks members for your posts/comments.
I'm just happy we have so many choices.
Now, we just have to figure out how to get the money to
buy our dreams : )
Below is the TOP TEN CARS by
Car & Driver
Oh,three (3)of the Top Ten are GM products
Kudo's GM
[:-]

Old 01-29-2008, 01:04 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Why coudln't the Monte's have been like this in teh first place? If ti was a Monte with the same set up I'd eat it up

Old 01-29-2008, 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

Why coudln't the Monte's have been like this in teh first place? If ti was a Monte with the same set up I'd eat it up
Hi `Duane,
The Top Ten were for 2008 Models,
but the 2007 Monte Carlo is #1 to all MCF Member's : )
I was just happy to see (3) GM Products make the
Top Ten.

Quick Reply: 3.8V6-RWD-300HP-6Speed-20inchTires : )