Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> 3.8L - V-6 - 545 hp <

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile > 3.8L - V-6 - 545 hp <

The Nissan GT-R is the fifth generation of this venerable Japanese supercar, but this is the first generation available to North American enthusiasts. Well known to video gamers in this part of the world as forbidden fruit, the GT-R brings new levels of performance and technology to Nissan's line-up.

Powered by a hand-built 545-hp twin-turbo 3.8-liter V6, the GT-R makes good use of all that thrust through a paddle-shifted, rear mounted six-speed dual clutch sequential gearbox and electronic all-wheel drive. Roads and racetracks are handled by an electronically controlled independent suspension that adjusts itself to changing conditions, or allows the driver to choose a preferred setting. Handling is also assisted by 20-inch forged alloy wheels surrounding 15-inch cross-drilled Brembo brakes at all four corners. The interior features performance bucket seats, a console mounted starter button and a centrally mounted video screen that can display several pages of mechanical and driving information as well as navigation and audio. Speed sensitive wipers, auto on/off headlights, USB iPod interface, Bluetooth streaming audio and XM NavWeather and NavTraffic also come standard on the GT-R.

VITAL STATS

• Engine

3.8L V-6
  • Power

545 @ 6,400 rpm

• Transmission

6-spd auto-shift man w/OD

• 0-60

3.7 seconds

• Drivetrain

all wheel

• Blue Book<small class="reg_mark">®</small> Fair Purchase Price

$98,377

• Invoice Price

$93,714 - $108,875

Last edited by Space; 09-01-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:24 AM

I would love to see a Monte Carlo Body placed
on the above platform

All Wheel Drive Monte Carlo

Old 09-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Niiicce!

Old 09-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

i want one, always have

Old 09-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ah! You fooled me Space!

I thought it was going to be someone who got their 3.8 litre Monte up to 545 horsepower.

Nice car though. I'd take it for a test drive. Would I bring it back? Hmm.... I'll decide that during the test drive.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Zen

Not for me. It's one of those cars that's nice an all but all the my people around me think it's the all mighty king of car. Kinda turns it off for me. There's even a few of them around here there just drivin by old guys. Or a girl that can't keep it out of the ditch.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Lightbulb "2 dare 2 `dream" > It's Free

Originally Posted by Taz
Ah! You fooled me Space!

I thought it was going to be someone who got their 3.8 litre Monte up to 545 horsepower.

Nice car though. I'd take it for a test drive. Would I bring it back? Hmm.... I'll decide that during the test drive.
Lol `Lou,
That was my intent , I try to do anything I can to increase the activity on the MCF & for our sponsor's that keep the MCF alive on the `web.

Plus, I wanted to share what another auto company does to their 3.8L engine to produce 545 H.P. in a Monster of a Ride...

I know that Mitsubishi auto company makes a decent 3.8L V6 with 270 + H.P. that kicks good 4 what they put it in...

If you know of another auto company that makes a 3.8L, post & let us know ?

Does anyone know the highest dyno H.P. for a 3.8L ?

Originally Posted by Zen
Not for me. It's one of those cars that's nice an all but all the my people around me think it's the all mighty king of car. Kinda turns it off for me. There's even a few of them around here there just drivin by old guys. Or a girl that can't keep it out of the ditch.

Hi `Chris, thanks for you thoughts/opinion I realize that the GTR isn't produced for everyone 4-Sure...I'm just happy that we have so many choices `if we have the $'s... I like the mean look that they have & a sound to back it `up with great number's on the track.
The ones I've seen on the street LOOK MEAN and the reports I've read are positive for what it is...With that said, I'd rather have two new `StingRays then one GTR....

I would like to have one of each, but I'd feel greedy, but good (lol).

I'm so glad that dreams are `free & we don't have to pay for them...I'd be broke all the time..

Old 09-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Zen

I'd definitely take a black C7 over the GTR

Old 09-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would love to have a GTR, it's right up there on the top of my list. They are all business when it comes to kicking butt on another car. There is one here around town and he don't play when your trying to make a move on him. Seen him pull corners at crazy speeds. I'm over 600 to the crank on my 3.8, Matt says it's close to 700 hp.
We dynoed at 499whp and that was without the water methanol system being operational. He said I'm about 520WHP on 91octane and about 620whp on 104 octane with the water methanol in place. heading back to the dyno sometime, who knows when.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
I would love to have a GTR, it's right up there on the top of my list. They are all business when it comes to kicking butt on another car. There is one here around town and he don't play when your trying to make a move on him. Seen him pull corners at crazy speeds. I'm over 600 to the crank on my 3.8, Matt says it's close to 700 hp.
We dynoed at 499whp and that was without the water methanol system being operational. He said I'm about 520WHP on 91octane and about 620whp on 104 octane with the water methanol in place. heading back to the dyno sometime, who knows when.

Thanks Greg for sharing one of your `dreams + sharing your knowledge & experiences with the Chevy V6 3.8L Engine & their Horsepower numbers...

I hope someday to test drive a GTR & also the New `StingRay..I love & have dreamed about driving both...`Ok, I'm multi-tasking again & I'm dreaming about them NOW while I compose/create this post > LOL >
^ "Sometimes, U just gota `be me 2 understand" > What ? Who ? Why ? When ? I don't understand

Last edited by Space; 09-01-2013 at 05:49 PM.