Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2015 Z06 Corvette + `vid > EnJoy

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up 2015 Z06 Corvette + `vid > EnJoy

2015 Corvette Z06 Debut
January 15, 2014 by Arman Barari

For those who just cannot wait to see the new 2015 Corvette Z06 Stingray in all its glory we have these freshly leaked images of the car

. The new gallery includes a shot of the Z06’s new engine, and boy does it look mighty. It has an LT4 badge, and if we’re not mistaken, it has a supercharger bolted on top.

Speaking of the engine, it is confirmed that it packs no less than 620 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque, which makes the Z06 Stingray the most powerful, and by imagine, the fastest Corvette ever built.

Official details of the car are expected to be released very soon. So for now let’s just enjoy the superb looks of the Z06 Stingray, which although a bit chintzy, are just magnificent. The carbon aero kit Chevy designers have come up with for the Z06 not only does not only have aerodynamic benefits, it gives the ‘Vette a super aggressive, almost race car-like appearance.
As for the interior, from what we can see in the pictures, the only difference between the Z06 and the standard Stingray appears to be in the amount of carbon fiber used to garnish different bits of it. But we’re sure there is more to it than that.

Last edited by Space; 01-15-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Wow those certainly are nice cars, I would love to own a couple of them.

I do wish our cars came with the motor that is in that particular car. 600hp turbocharged would be sooooooooooo sweet

Old 01-16-2014, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by ohara
Wow those certainly are nice cars, I would love to own a couple of them.

I do wish our cars came with the motor that is in that particular car. 600hp turbocharged would be sooooooooooo sweet

Hi `Ken,
Thanks for being the first to post & add to this thread I'd be happy with just one Z06, but a couple of them would be great. Then your wife could have one to try to catch you when you take `off to get away (LOL)....Then U could play "See `if U can catch me" (LOL).

Old 01-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Old 01-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Talking "Need 4 Speed 4 Really > Sure = = = = = = = >

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06: The Fantastic Details

S
EXPAND

RELATED
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06: A 625 Horsepower Track Car Middle Finger

With the unveiling of the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, General Motors has done something magical. And that something magical is a loud, yellow, at… Read…

The 2015 Corvette Z06 produces the most downforce of not only any car ever produced by General Motors, but by any car ever tested by General Motors. These are the little areas where the General has made amazing leaps and gains.
P

While numbers for the actual amount of downforce have not been released yet, there are small details all over the car that let you know just how aggressive it is. Let's take a closer look from the front to the back.
P

For engineers, the Z06 is all about reducing parasitic drag while increasing useful downforce to keep the trackiest Corvette glued to the road and/or track. At the front, a few things will strike you. First is just how wide this is. The Z06 is two inches wider in the front, three inches in the rear. In fact, the front fender flares have their own fender flares.
1P

Cue the Xzibit jokes now.
2P

S
EXPAND

In addition, the Z07 package includes these wicked canards off the front splitter to help channel air up and over those massive flares, thereby increasing downforce.
P

S
EXPAND

As the air runs along the side, it's channeled by the protruding carbon fiber sills, that continue to help direct the air just where it's needed.
P

S
EXPAND

Something interesting you'll notice is the little scoop on top of those rear air ducts. Originally, that was a snorkel meant to get as much air in to cool the trans as possible. But in the wind tunnel, engineers noticed that air was actually coming up the side of the car and washing over the snorkel. Instead of letting that go to waste, the scoop was redesigned in order to grab the air that was coming in from the side.
P

3S
EXPAND

Out back, Z07 equipped Z06s have an adjustable wicker bill that can be moved up and down about an inch to increase downforce. The wicker is clear for a very good reason. In the higher settings, it actually starts to impede the view out of the rear window. Chevrolet also wants to see the aftermarket get involved with the rear wing. If you look, there are un-utilized mounting points on it for a larger or more aggressive wicker. Track day fiends could be running something much larger than the car is already equipped with.
P

S
EXPAND

On the bottom of the rear end, the black bumper piece is carried over from the Stingray. But with the car being three inches wider than the Stingray, there is a little notch near the lower vents. This is where the Stingray ends and the Z06 ends.
4P

There aren't any numbers yet on the exact amount of downforce that the new Z06 will produce, but according to Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter in our live Q&A, it will be far more than the last gen Z06 or ZR1 made. That'll make this thing more of a monster
P

Old 01-16-2014, 09:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

That Vette is just awesome!

I respect the Vette product line for the performance it brings to the table, but I've never been an "enthusiast". The only Vettes I truly ever liked the appearance of was the 70's Stingray Vettes.
When I saw the new 2014 Vette in person, it's appearance was outstanding, to me a huge turn around of improvement in the product line. To see the new Z06 carries those visual (and performance) improvements is awesome!

Thanks for passing this along Space!

Old 01-17-2014, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
That Vette is just awesome!

Thanks for passing this along Space!

You're Welcome Admin `Jason,
The new 2015 Z06 is going to `be a monster & I'm sure the price will be `high, but not as high as the cost of many of the rides that will try to compete against it...

I'm started to believe that the new owners of this type of a machine should have a special drivers license or training...

The Z06 is a street > RACE CAR< & I wouldn't want to `be on the highways with someone like Justin Beiber > LOL

`Space, stop picking on `me > U R just jealous 4-Sure > > Yes, `Justin > I am

Old 01-17-2014, 08:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

What a beast of a car. I'd love to own one...even the base one I'd love to have in a heart beat!

Old 01-18-2014, 08:41 PM

Hope to own one some day. For now I can only dream

Old 01-18-2014, 09:23 PM

My Monte has more trunk space though. Lol Cmon powerball I think I could find room for one of those. Awesome.