Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2011 Camaro Finds More Power + 10 Tuner Cars : )

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile 2011 Camaro Finds More Power + 10 Tuner Cars : )

Posted for our Affluent `Member's
They can buy one like the below as a daily driver & keep
your miles low on your Monte Carlo
EnJoy the `Dream
__________________________________________________ ________
2011 Camaro Finds More Power

The 2011 Chevrolet Camaro's bump in power to 312 hp is due to a previous conservative estimate, and not because of any engine modifications.

By Greg Migliore of AutoWeek

The 2011 Chevrolet Camaro is rated at 312 hp.

Chevrolet has found an additional 8 hp for V6 versions of the 2011 Camaro, power that likely has been there all along.
The direct-injection 3.6-liter engine with VVT is now rated at 312 hp, up from last year's 304 hp. Chevy didn't actually do anything to the engine. Rather, engineers were conservative with the rating the first time around and were quite confident that it would make "at least" the original output. Torque also is rated a bit higher for 2011, at 278 lb-ft; the previous number was 273 lb-ft.
And in case you're wondering, yes, the Chevy V6 is now a nose ahead of the 2011 V6 Ford Mustang's 305 hp. But the Blue Oval does still have slightly more twist with 280 lb-ft.
Your move, Ford.
"The 304 hp in the 2010 Camaro was actually a conservative rating on our end," said a statement from Tom Sutter, GM V6 chief engineer. "But we knew already that this award-winning engine produced at least the amount of power we stated. But now we've gone the extra step in certifying the engine for this application and have verified an additional 8 hp."
Other Updates
The Camaro gets a few other dressings for the new model year. Synergy Green, a striking neon lime color, will now be available across the line. This paint job costs an extra $325.
The special Synergy Edition, which is loaded with plenty of green lighting and accent goodies, is limited to the 1LT model. The car is based on a concept from the 2009 SEMA show in Las Vegas.
The 2011 Camaro is also the second Chevrolet to get a head-up display, with speed, tachometer and OnStar turn-by-turn and audio functions. This is currently available on the Corvette.
Content provided by AutoWeek.

Last edited by Space; 05-11-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:49 PM

Bonus
10 Hot Tuner Cars Powerful, sophisticated and awe-inspiring machines from high-performance tuners. View Slideshow

Old 05-11-2010, 01:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

And the best get better :P

Old 05-11-2010, 01:54 PM

Yes Mod `Mike 4-Sure,
and the tuner's made them faster & better.
It's all about $'s = more Power
Lingenfelter Camaro SS L28

Carry a big stick, namely the brutish Lingenfelter L28 Camaro, and own the road with 800 horsepower. Lingenfelter Performance Engineering has five engine packages for L99-, LS3-powered Camaros and a special version featuring a turbocharged LS7 swapped from a Z06 Corvette. The packages range from 550 to 800 horsepower and feature forced induction via an Eaton supercharger or a twin turbo system. The L28 also features custom body tuning fore and aft. Lingenfelter-designed 20-inch, 10-spoke wheels, custom interior touches and a Hotchkis-enhanced suspension with Brembo brakes round out the L28 treatment.
Compare: Chevrolet Camaro vs. Ford Mustang vs. Dodge Challenger

Old 05-11-2010, 02:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

This is like the first time in YEARS that the Mustang will actually be right there in terms of power for both the V6 and V8 models. I actually read my new Motor Trend, and apparently the V6 stang is a smidge faster than the Camaro V6 due to the weight advantage that the V6 Mustang has on the Camaro. And the V8 Stang vs SS Camaro are pretty closely matched in most aspects. Apparently in certain test, the Mustang pulls better, and in other test the Camaro pulls better from what i've read. All depends on the speeds you punch it at. But off the line the V8's are about the same.

Time for Chevy to get 350 HP out of the V6, and 500 HP from V8! We'll show those Ford boys! hahahaha! :P

Old 05-11-2010, 02:30 PM

That Looks BADD 4-Sure
Posted 4 Member's that just Love Cars & POWER
EnJoy
I love the battle of the Power
I am thankful that they are still designing/producing cars like above,
the Camaro, Mustang, etc..,
for EveryOne that can afford. $'s
I'm still dream'in,
but my boss buys me a lotto ticket each week,
so I will continue 2 `Dream : )
Hennessey Challenger HPE600 Turbo

Hennessey Performance, known for its superfast Vipers, keeps it in the Mopar family with the Challenger HPE600 Turbo. A stock 425-horsepower SRT8 is the starting point. Hennessey adds a Precision 67HPSH turbo, a 44-millimeter waste gate, ported and polished cylinder heads, an intercooler, fuel system upgrades, a Corsa exhaust system and tuning. The result is 6 pounds per square inch of boost and an additional 195 horses under your right foot. The 620-horse HPE600 belted out an 11.9-second quarter-mile on a granny launch, yet it has KW shocks and suspension as well as StopTech brakes for quicker reflexes in the twisties. The HSE600 also includes exterior badging and interior dress-up items.
Bing: Hennessey Challenger HPE600 Turbo

Old 05-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Aw Chevy's trying to keep up with Ford... I wonder if they will ever fix the Impala? lol

Old 05-11-2010, 02:38 PM

So they're upping the Camaro to 312HP and it still does 0-60 in 6.6 seconds? I'm glad to see Ford is up in the running against the Camaro now, probably able to outperform it, the Camaro needs competition, helps it thrive and survive. Wonder if they're still planning on building a supercharged Z28 Camaro putting out over 600HP in the coming years? That would really show Ford.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:43 PM

I think the Camaro needs 2 `go on a diet
It's a Heavy Machine : (
Weight rob's Power 4-Sure, but I still love the Camaro, and
competition is good 4 everyone....Chevy will build more Power, that's what they do best 4-Sure....

Are you listening GM ?

Old 05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by Quatermain S/C SS
So they're upping the Camaro to 312HP and it still does 0-60 in 6.6 seconds? I'm glad to see Ford is up in the running against the Camaro now, probably able to outperform it, the Camaro needs competition, helps it thrive and survive. Wonder if they're still planning on building a supercharged Z28 Camaro putting out over 600HP in the coming years? That would really show Ford.
Show them what? Show them that GM can try and compete with Ford's GT500? lol

And yes, it's still coming out. Eventually.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66582

Quick Reply: 2011 Camaro Finds More Power + 10 Tuner Cars : )