Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2008 Altima Coupe sighting

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Default RE: 2008 Altima Coupe sighting

domestic vs. import is damn near the same as republican vs. democrat

Personally, I like some of both.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

Hi Rich, let us know `if your mother gets one : ) & give us your reveiw.
I like all types of vehicles....If it's got wheels & a motor....I'm ready to drive : )
I like the new coupes that are coming out.
In my Road & Track Post, the new BMW 2dr coupe is on there, & it's super look'in 2 me : )

Old 07-18-2007, 02:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

Aaaaah! Glad I'm not alone.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:15 PM

I have seen them here in Denver...saw one as the Enterprise rental car already also

Old 07-18-2007, 10:05 PM

I think some of them are ok cars, but I can't help but be prejudiced... Our trade defecit is bad enough rite now. I would probably drive one, in fact I'll prolly take on for a test drive just to do so. but seriously, I wouldn't buy one except if it was from a local dealership and was used, just so I could know my dollars stayed in this country.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:32 PM

Im still not sold on this one tho. Allthough I would take a Supercharged Nissan X-terra, or even a Toyota Tacoma In a heartbeat tho. Imports are good cars, but the thing I find is the amount of options you get for the buck. Is it me, or does it seem that you get more stuff in your car for less money? Like I was looking at a Corrola before i got the monte, with power everything, 5 speed, sunroof, rims and a few other treats and it was easily $24,000+ before taxes.. Thats almost the price of a monte, stock!

Old 07-19-2007, 05:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

I think some of them are ok cars, but I can't help but be prejudiced... Our trade defecit is bad enough rite now. I would probably drive one, in fact I'll prolly take on for a test drive just to do so. but seriously, I wouldn't buy one except if it was from a local dealership and was used, just so I could know my dollars stayed in this country.
That isgood that you mentioned trade deficit. The politicians are always using that term along with 'budget deficit' to make our government seems inempt. That is the furthest from the truth.

Those same politcians know and won't tell you that Americans and America own the most 'capitol' in the universe. I believe that it is betwen 100to 1000 trillions dollars in capital.

They property value of Los Angeles county just past 1 tillion dollars. Enough to pay the nations debts by selling it off if it needed to.

Don't be fooled by the media, American own more than enough capital to pay all our deficits off between 100 and 1000 times. Simple business 101 hidden from public knowledge for political gain.

It is impossible for this country to go bankrupt any time soon.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

You do know that this car is produced right here in the good ol' U.S. of A., right? Production takes place in Smyrna, TN., at one of the largest indoor automotive manufacturing facilities in Northern Ameria which employs an astounding 8600+ employees and contractors. According to US Census data, the county in which the plant is located, Rutherford County, was listed as #1 in the nation in job growth in 2004. Nearly half of the plants employees live in Rutherford County and they, along with their employer Nissan, have given over a million dollars per year to the United Way for 13 consecutive years!!!

So answer me one thing, if your dollars help employ over 8600 American citizens in this country, and those employees inturn help fuel our economy as well as consistently donate over a million dollars each year to the United Way, how is it that you are doing your country a service by instead choosing to give your money to a company which produces the car you drive in Canada?

Just wondering.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:26 PM

Its okay.... me personally i just dont like the wayMOST japanese cars sound or look... no matter where theyre built at

Id rather have a chevy anyday... thats just me though

Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 PM

How much percent of what we actually spend on those cars go to the workers huh?

I'll bet at least 75% or MORE of the profit is sent back overseas.

And seriously, like their workers are livin the good life... they don't make half what GM's employees do because the company would rather shut down then let in a Union. Sure they are making a heckuva lot more than minimum, but I'm sure it's not the money GM's or even Furd's employees are.

Quick Reply: 2008 Altima Coupe sighting