Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2¢ Worth PT 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 2¢ Worth PT 3

Congrats on your "tin can" Space. It looks nice inside. And the big thing -- hot water.
You don't realize what a big thing hot water is, until you don't have it.

RJ, the tan interior would be a deal breaker for me. Personally, I just don't like the tan interior.
It shows the dirt more, and I just don't like the color to begin with. I suspect if your g/f is iffy about the color now, she will probably grow to hate it more and more. I hope I'm wrong though, because it seems like a nice car.

As you know, when buying any signature series Monte, you basically have to become a fan of that driver. Because people assume you're a fan, and they want to talk to you about the guy. If you bought the 03 JG edition, she'll get Gordon fans stopping her in parking lots.

If I had to choose between the two, I'dgo forthe red 00 SS hoping your g/f likes the tan.
Plus the price is more in your range.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:28 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The red '00 SS is definately more in her price range. But according to the bank today they'd rather not go a loan on it. They say it has little resale value and so if they were to go a loan, the payments would actually be higher for her then the '03 JG Monte.

About the interior color, my dad always said "You're better off getting what you want cause once you buy it you're stuck with it till it's paid for." And if she's not sure about liking the interior color now what would it be like if she had to look at it every day?

We never thought about people consdering her a JG fan if she owned the car?????????
Once I mention this to her, she may not want it?

We both think it odd the monthly payments on the '03 JG will be cheaper but the '00 SS will have a higher interest rate and the bank wants it paid off sooner. Like in 3 years.

The '03 JG can go 5 or 5.5 years on a loan if she wants to.

After we left the bank we drove the 25 miles back over to look at the JG Monte again and took it out for another test drive. The sales man was kind enough to let us bring it home for the night. Which I feel it better cause then you're not in the festival mood like people tend to be in while shopping for a car. And sometimes bad decisions are made then, too.

I asked for a carfax report on the JG Monte which they got for me. But charged me $15 for the report. I was assured if we buy the car I will get my $15 back.The reportcame back clean. And the car seems to have been taken care of by the previous owner who was the original owner of the car.

But being at home with it gave us time to relax and think a little clearer about owning the car.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:36 AM

[align=center]Hello `R.J.,[/align][align=center]It's great that they let you take the Monte home for[/align][align=center]the evening. That's a good sign that they have nothing[/align][align=center]to hide. It's great to see you taking your time &[/align][align=center]doing your homework. So many don't, and end[/align][align=center]`up having buyer's remorse.[/align][align=center]Below are some links on the Jeff Gordon Edition.[/align][align=center][:-]Keep us updated on your decision. Good Luck [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center] There are only 2,424Produced Limited Editions
[:-]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
YouTube - 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
3.8 (Naturally Aspirated)SLP HeadersSLP Cat back ExhaustReprogrammed PCMK&N IntakeHV Throttle body180 T-Stat.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=afQRB3YOpoU - 94k - Similar pages
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afQRB3YOpoU
2003 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO SS *JEFF GORDON*EDITION - 2003 MO...
2003 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO SS *JEFF GORDON*EDITION - 2003 MONTE CARLO SS *JEFF GORDON*EDITION.
www.dealsonwheels.com/search/detail.aspx?id=0033... - 39k - Similar pages
[URL=http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/detail.aspx?id=00330297E15&mm=2003_CHEVROLET_M ONTE+CARLO+SS

Old 05-04-2008, 12:04 AM
rj
15 Year Member

At noon today I drove the JG Monte back to the dealer as promised. My g/f was very unhappy. She attended a luncheon with our Church with my mother so she couldn't even take it back. And I got an ear full this evening while going to & from a cruise-in.

The dealer agreed to fix the things I felt needed attention at no cost as long as we do buy the car. He said he wanted their bank to handle the loan cause he can get a kick back from them. And he assured my father & I he could get my g/f a better interest rate on the loan then her bank offered her. Which is good news. It will save her some money.

I can not believe how responsive this Monte is out on the road. I tended to oversteer most of the time. So driving it will take some getting used to.

I told my g/f what Taz said about people stopping her to talk about Jeff Gordon when she does get the car. We said she should act un-informed and respond with "Jeff Gordon. Who's that?"
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

While in the car today I was wondering how good the bucket seats would look in a '57 Chevy?
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

On the way home from the cruise-in we stopped and looked at the bright red Monte with tan interior. She said she could probably live with the interior color, BUT........... she wants the JG Monte.

So if all goes as planned this time next week there will be a 2003 JG SS Monte setting in the garage.

OH. And years ago when I bought my g/f's '81 MonteI went around saying, "Well, I bought a Monte Carlo but I still don't own one." (cause I gave the car to her)

She said last night, "Hey, you can go around saying now: "Well I helped buy an SS Monte but I still don't own one."
(then she laughed at what she said)

Old 05-04-2008, 12:19 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Space,

I just noticed....................

The 2003 JG Montes have the ghost flames on them.

This 2003 Monte does not!!! So it's not a JG edition Monte is it?

It's just a Pace Car replica 2003 Monte.

But the speedometer head reads: Limitied Edition.

I'll bet my g/f will be relieved it has no connection to JG.

http://groups.msn.com/2000montecarlo...3pacecars.msnw

Old 05-04-2008, 06:11 AM

ORIGINAL: rj

Space,

I just noticed....................

The 2003 JG Montes have the ghost flames on them.

This 2003 Monte does not!!! So it's not a JG edition Monte is it?

It's just a Pace Car replica 2003 Monte.

But the speedometer head reads: Limitied Edition.

I'll bet my g/f will be relieved it has no connection to JG.

http://groups.msn.com/2000montecarlo...3pacecars.msnw
R.J, I believe it's a Limited Edition 03,
Check below links for more information/deals
Wish you good Luck 4-Sure, `Space
2003 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO SS *JEFF GORDON*EDITION - 2003 MO...
2003 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO SS *JEFF GORDON*EDITION. PRICE: $4975.00.WOW STOCK #: 3648315. ENGINE: 3.8. TRANSMISSION: automatic. MILEAGE: 34,219 ...
http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/...GORDON*EDITION

eBay Motors: Chevrolet : Monte Carlo (item 180238764808 end ...
One Owner 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Limited Edition Pace Car - Sunroof - Heated Seats - Leather - Very Clean - Only 16K Miles! ...
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-M... - 120k - 19 hours ago - Similar pages
[URL=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo-LEATHER-2003-CHEVY-MONTE-CARLO-SS-LIMITED-PACE-CAR-SUNRO

Old 05-04-2008, 06:26 AM

R.J. is it like the below 03 Monte Carlo SS Limited Edition ? [:-]Does it have these emblems/markings ? [:-]
[center]

VEHICLE STOCK NUMBER : 258740
" target=_blank>

" target=_blank>

" target=_blank>

[IMG]http://server11.texasdirectauto.com/

Old 05-04-2008, 01:07 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

WOW!!! THAT IS A NICE LOOKING MONTE RIGHT THERE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:35 PM
rj
15 Year Member

R.J. is it like the below 03 Monte Carlo SS Limited Edition ? [:-]Does it have these emblems/markings ?

YES!!!!

Well, no "Team Monte Carlo" on rear spoiler or "Monte Carlo" on windshield but other then those two things it's the exact same car.

And as of today the dealer may be keeping it!!!!!!
WHY??????????
Cuase they told my father & I one story on saturday and another to my g/f today when she called them.

Either they straighten these out or I'm telling them to keep the car.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:51 PM

[align=center]R.J, [/align][align=center]It sad that many in the auto sales are not as good as their words,[/align][align=center]and they seem to speak out of both sides of their mouth : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I would never buy from a dealer unless I knew of their proven honesty in the business. I prefer to buy from private owners,[/align][align=center]and also do extensive homework/checks before I write a check.[/align][align=center]I really like the below Monte with only 16K miles,[/align][align=center](it looks brand new) & the first one listed only has 34K miles.[/align][align=center]I would travel for the right Monte Carlo 4-Sure.[/align][align=center]I'm sure you will find, `if you keep search'in...[/align][align=center]Check below links for more information/deals[/align][align=center]Wish you good Luck 4-Sure, `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][center]2003 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO SS *JEFF GORDON*EDITION - 2003 MO...
2003 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO SS *JEFF GORDON*EDITION. PRICE: $4975.00.WOW STOCK #: 3648315. ENGINE: 3.8. TRANSMISSION: automatic. MILEAGE: 34,219 ...
http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/...GORDON*EDITION

[URL=http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?src=websearch&requestId=7c7a72d3ffc71ab3 &clickedItemRank=3&userQuery=2003+Chevrole t+Monte+Carlo+SS+Limited+Edition+%3F&clickedIt emURN=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Febaymotors%2FChe vrolet-Monte-Carlo-LEATHER-2003-CHEVY-MONTE-CARLO-SS-LIMITED-PACE-CAR-SUNROOF-16K_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6171QQihZ008QQitemZ 180238764808&title=eBay+Motors%3A+%3Cb%3EChevr olet%3C%2Fb%3E+%3A+%3Cb%3EMonte+Carlo%3C%2Fb%3E+%2 8item+180238764808+end+time+%3Cb%3E...%3C%2Fb%3E&a mp;moduleId=matchingsites.jsp.M&clickedItemPag eRanking=3&clickedItemPage=1&clickedItemDe scription=WebResults][u][color=#0000ff]eBay Motors: Chevrolet : [b]M

Quick Reply: 2¢ Worth PT 3