Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> 10 Future RWD Cars We Can’t Wait to Drive + More <

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile > 10 Future RWD Cars We Can’t Wait to Drive + More <

Hi `Member's,
Post which one of the below that you can't wait to `Drive
10 Future RWD Cars We Can’t Wait to Drive

<!--/posttitle-->Sami Haj-Assaad | Aug 08, 2:02 PM<META content="Aug 08, 2:02 PM" itemprop="datePublished">10 Comments
<!-- /postbyline -->
<!-- /share -->10 Upcoming RWD Cars

1 of 11Next Last

<!--pagetitle:10 Upcoming RWD Cars -->

Once upon a time every car put power to the rear wheels. But much like the V8 engine, so called right-wheel drive cars are quickly disappearing.
For the few that remain, however, they’re almost certain to be genuine enthusiast machines and plenty of fun to drive. Over the next few years numerous new rear-drive machines are set to hit the market and we’ve detailed 10 that we’re most excited about. <!--more-->

1 of 11Next Last
Filed under: Alfa Romeo American Aston Martin British Cadillac Concept Cars Coupes Featured Articles Ford German Infiniti Italian Jaguar Japanese Lexus Luxury Cars Mazda Porsche Sports Cars SRT Top 10
Tags: 2014 lexus is, 2015 ford mustang, 2015 Mustang, future rwd cars, Rear-Wheel Drive Cars, rwd, RWD Cars, Sports Cars, Upcoming Rear wheel drive cars, Upcoming RWD

<!-- end post -->More Auto News...<!-- Forum link startJoin an Online Community... PorscheBuddies.netEnd Forum link --><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="25%">
2015 Ford Mustang Rendered into Reality

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="25%">
2015 Mustang Could Spawn Rear-Drive Lincoln Sedan

2015 Ford Mustang to Get Four-Cylinder Turbo Engine

2015 Ford Mustang Mule Confirms Independent Rear Suspension

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by Space; 08-19-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:23 AM

Hi Member's, I'm happy that they are producing Rear Wheel Drive Super Rides....Now, I'll keep pray'in/hoping for a new updated RWD Chevy Monte Carlo S.S.
Which ones above to you like best or would love to own/drive ?

Below 4 `Devin

The new successor to the Aston Martin DBS comes with some styling cues from Aston Martin’s One-77 supercar. The new AM 310 Vanquish will cost $279,995 and will start being delivered to customers early next year.
Thanks to an upgraded 6.0-liter V12 powerplant with 565-hp and 457 lb-ft of torque the new Vanquish will certainly have the performance chops to go with it’s impressive looks.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:22 AM

2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible Review

Looking good and getting into trouble

By Sami Haj-Assaad, Aug. 09, 2012, Photography by Chevrolet

Photo
Video
Specs

In the right circumstance, a convertible is the perfect car to experience the world of driving. It’s intimate since you can hear the car closely and feel the speed in your hair. But in Chevrolet’s Camaro ZL1 Convertible, a drop-top proves to be so much more.

<TABLE class=table_right border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=8 width=300 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#192a33>FAST FACTS

</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#2c4b5b>1. ZL1 uses a 6.2L supercharged V8 rated at 580 horsepower and 556 lb-ft of torque.2. New tech features for the ZL1 include standard color touch radio with seven-inch screen and Chevrolet MyLink with a frameless inside rearview mirror
3. Track-ready with engine and transmission cooling, high performance tires, Magnetic Ride Control and three-mode traction control.
4. ZL1 Convertible costs $60,445, carrying $5,295 premium over the Coupe.
The Camaro ZL1 is Chevrolet’s most fully loaded muscle car, and omits no small feature or amenity. For 2013, all ZL1s get a new Chevrolet MyLink touch-screen radio and a new frameless mirror with OnStar functions. Sadly, there are no upgrades to the ZL1’s interior, and it’s still the same plastic mess inside. A few touches, like the Alacantara steering wheel and shifter **** help, but the whole interior is a bit compromised in terms of materials.
In contrast, the exterior is exactly as expected. It looks absolutely wild in red or yellow, but even the muted shades of grey and black look sharp. Camaro ZL1’s are also instantly recognizable thanks to the vented hood with black details. Finally, it’s hard not to get excited about the Camaro’s headlights, which have a distinct halo-glow to them. The whole car oozes style, and with the top-down, now the car-parrazzi can clearly snap the driver along with the car.
QUICK TO SAY GOODBYE

<TABLE align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>

However, the ZL1 is more than just looks, and if you want to escape the gaze of spectators it certainly can do so. However, don’t expect the Camaro to blast off subtly. The convertible growls “I’m getting out of here” thanks to its massive 6.2L supercharged V8 and the dual-mode exhaust.

That engine has the potential to move the hefty Camaro quickly, but with plenty of dramatics. Hammer the throttle too hard, and of course, the rear tires light up. In the convertible though, you have nowhere to hide your smile (a telltale sign of hoonery to the cops you blow by.) In comparison to the ZL1 Coupe, the Convertible makes no changes to the powertrain, and as expected the car makes enough noise to fit the exterior styling.
While the ZL1 features more horsepower than all but the biggest and baddest Corvette, it also features an extra set of back seats and a softer ride that make the car a friendlier vehicle overall.
NO ROOF YET STILL HEAVY

The ZL1 Convertible is an interesting specimen. The coupe has proven itself to be a quite capable performer, especially on the track. However, in the transition to losing the roof, the Convertible makes quite a few compromises that hinder its sportiness.
For one, the Convertible is some 200 lbs heavier than the (already hefty) Coupe, and weighs in somewhere short of a Cadillac Escalade at 4,320 lbs.
In order to offset the loss of a solid roof and maintain chassis rigidity, the Convertible is outfitted with several braces, though the added pounds are certain to make it less capable when pushed to its limits.
On the road it doesn’t feel particularly sporty, and more suits the characteristic of a grand-tourer, rather than a hopped up muscle car. That’s not a serious criticism either, as prospective buyers are likely looking for exactly that.
SMOOTHER THAN EXPECTED

There are two key elements that make the ZL1 feel like a smooth cruiser, rather than the 580-horsepower, track honed, muscle car that it is. First, thanks to an impressive piece of tech in the suspension set up, the car feels exactly how you want it to. The technology, called Magnetic Ride Control is similar to what Ferrari uses in some of its exotic supercars and adjusts the suspension settings 1,000 times a second. What this means is on the road, the car feels soft and comfy, and when it comes to cornering, the car firms up. It’s a superb piece of technology that isn’t wasted on the high-powered Camaro.
Another important part of the ZL1 is its transmission. Both transmission options are particularly smooth, with the six-speed manual having a nicely weighted clutch and slick, short throws. The automatic is a nice surprise too and offers three drive modes. In normal drive, the car shifts quickly and early in the rev range in order to save fuel - allegedly. In Sport mode, the shifts are still quick and the car holds gears a bit longer. Finally, for those wanting the most control (in an automatic) there’s a manual mode that uses steering wheel mounted paddle shifters that also shift nice and quick, and don’t automatically upshift for you when you reach the limiter.
STILL MADE FOR THE TRACK?

Determining the best transmission should have happened on the track, but the sad the truth is that Chevrolet didn’t let us test the Convertible on a course. While disappointing, it is appropriate.
Certain to be less impressive than the hard top, the ZL1 Convertible still has all the great features that make it track ready. Ventilated brakes are fitted all around, including six-piston Brembos in the front. The wheels are lightweight and fitted with super-sticky Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G:2 tires that were made specifically for the car. That high-tech Magnetic Ride Control which makes the ZL1 such a blast on the roads would also make for a superb ally on the track as well.

The ZL1 also comes with a three-mode traction control system that will ensure the car stays on the track when you’re pushing it. In the ZL1 Coupe you get a more robust traction control, but apparently that's too much for the Convertible. For those who opt for the manual transmission, the traction control also works as a launch control, which means you should be able to net 0-60 mph times in under 5 seconds and 12 second quarter mile times all day long if you choose so choose.
Additionally, when taking the car to its limit, there’s no need to look down at the gauge cluster, since the ZL1 has a fancy heads-up display which shows your speed, rpm and G-forces.
And to keep it performing optimally, just like the coupe, the drop-top also features a differential cooler and oil coolers for the engine and transmission. So you might not ever drive it on a track, but you could, if you wanted to.
THE VERDICT

Almost every aspect of the Camaro ZL1 Convertible will appeal to your senses. It’s loud, gorgeous, gets the wind blowing in your face and is simply fun to drive. There’s an excessive amount of raw power and yet it’s far more comfortable on the road than you’d ever expect.
Still, the ZL1 convertible brings up more questions than it answers. For the true enthusiast, the ZL1 Coupe is the obvious choice, thanks to a better chassis and weight. And for those looking for a cruising convertible with a snarling V8, surely the Camaro SS is more than enough.
Still, the world of muscle cars is all about ego and one-upping the competition, and that’s exactly what the ZL1 Convertible does. It’s better than any Camaro Convertible, and until the Shelby GT500 Convertible arrives later this summer, it’s the most powerful drop-top muscle car out there.

<TABLE class="rating table_middle" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class="plus rating_image" vAlign=top width=50>

</TD><TD class=plus vAlign=top width=250>LOVE IT
  • Drop-top looks
  • V8 growl is intoxicating
  • Brilliant suspension
  • Track ready features
</TD><TD class="minus rating_image minus_rating_image" vAlign=top width=50>

</TD><TD class=minus vAlign=top width=250>LEAVE IT
  • Incredibly heavy
  • Cheap feeling cabin

<!-- bottom section --><FORM method=post name=articlenav><INPUT id=formPageElement name=page value=0 type=hidden></FORM>

Related Reading

<SECTION class=text_wrapper><ARTICLE class=text_wrapper>
2011 Ford Shelby GT500 Convertible Review

Having clocked 5,000 miles in the GT500 Convertible we can attest to its ability to deliver power, comfort and endless smiles. Unfortunately we’re also able to comment on the fact that it might be fun, but it's no sports car.
</ARTICLE><ARTICLE class=text_wrapper>
2013 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Review - Video

Ford’s latest Mustang drop top delivers the power and performance enthusiasts have come to expect with added style and more unique tech features.
2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Review - Video

The team behind the Camaro ZL1 deserves a serious pat on the back, because they’ve clearly listened closely to their critics when refining the SS into this surprisingly high-tech and hugely capable sports car.
2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2LT

Along with better visibility, but the Camaro Convertible gains some important chassis bracing, meaning it loses little compared to the coupe in terms of driving dynamics and comfort. Now if only Chevy had updated the interior at the

Old 08-19-2012, 06:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

OH wow that new Aston looks amazing!! and they are finally BOOSTING the power!!
now i just need a quick 1/4 million and its mine!

Thanks for the inside look space! that challenger looks mighty good as well!!

Old 08-19-2012, 08:35 AM

Nice cars Space! I hope some come with an all-wheel drive option for those of us that have to drive in snow at times. I know the Cadillac does. I was looking at a Dodge Charger lately that does.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:29 AM

Thanks `Devin, `Joe & Member's,

I look forward to seeing these future rides on the roads. I also hope they start offering 4WD vehicles.

I just happy that these Auto companies are making RWD rides for the consumer's..

I will keep hoping/praying that GM surprises everyone with a New RWD Personal/Peformance Coupe Monte S.S. (with a back seat that people can fit) in our future

The Camaro's are nice, but I would not want to ride in the back seat for a trip & I'm small...

Old 08-20-2012, 11:18 AM

OMG, the 2015 Mustang looks terrible!

Old 08-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Passed a guy cruising at Woodward yesterday with a Camaro ZL1 exactly like this one and dang that thing looked amazing.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich
OMG, the 2015 Mustang looks terrible!
Hi `Kerry, I like the DeSign, & I know that not every car is for everyone 4-Sure...That's why we are all so fortunate to have so many choices out there in the Automotive market.

I know the 2015 Mustang is just a illustration, but I like their design & what Ford is doing to the Mustang for the $'s.
Thanks for sharing your opinion...I'm also thankful for free speech & posts (*LOL)

===========================================
Thanks `Matt & I'd trade the above for that ZL`1 for-Sure...
I can't wait to see one & would sure love to test drive one with a performance oriented sales person that would let me get on `it ...They are just way outa my price range, but dreams are still `free & I auto/dream all the time

Old 08-20-2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by DE02Carlo
Nice cars Space! I hope some come with an all-wheel drive option for those of us that have to drive in snow at times. I know the Cadillac does. I was looking at a Dodge Charger lately that does.

Hi `Joe, one of my grandfather's friends has one like below, it's a 2012 V8 Coupe AWD. I'm happy that they are still making great coupes & his Audi is beautiful & has good room in the back like your Monte Carlo...

Along with the allroad, the 2013 A4/S4 sedans and the A5/S5 coupes also receives a few exterior styling changes. These include the angled Audi single frame grille, refreshed headlamps, new hood and bumpers. Standard across all A4 and A5 model lines is the 211-hp 2.0-liter turbo engine mated to a choice of a continuously variable transmission, 6-speed manual, or 8-speed automatic gearbox. The higher-performance S4/S5 come standard with the 333-bhp 3.0-liter supercharged V-6 engine with a 6-speed manual or the optional 7-speed dual-clutch. Of note, the S5 is no longer available with the 354-hp 4.2-liter V-8 as seen in the 2012 model year.
Perhaps the best new feature of them all for the 2013 A4/S4s, the A5/S5s, including the allroad, is the Audi connect wireless data service. It allows your car to act as a Wi-Fi hotspot allowing up to eight connected devices in the car, making long road trips more enjoyable for the younger members of the family, and peace and quiet for the adults.
The 2013 allroad's sticker price starts at $39,600, the A4 at $32,500, and the A5 at $37,850. Opt for the speedier versions and the S4 will jump to $47,600, and the S5 to $50,900. All models should be arriving into the showrooms now.