Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

10 Cars Worth Waiting for in 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zipper
Don't forget the most important new car for 2011:

can't say i like it granted i have always been bias towards hardtops! convertials always just say CHICK CAR

Old 01-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Tis true. I don't really care for topless cars either, but this should help the Camaro continue to be ahead of the Mustang sales wise. I love it that the Camaro has outsold the Mustang for the last year with only a coupe. The Mustang had a coupe, convert, and GT500 and still couldn't outsell the Camaro. Just wait until the Z28 comes out in 2012 Just in time for the end of the world.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the Camaro Convertible. Maybe not in orange. But a black one with some red rally stripes maybe. Hmm.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Then tell us what cars you would look forward to.
Brittany was simply posting something that may be of interest. In an effort to start a discussion on the forum. I posted a link to the auto show's photo gallery in post #4. Check out what the show has to offer and tell us which cars you would like.
i look forward to any sub-40k that can do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds.

i like the link you posted, however it needs to be redone and use thumbnails instead of using the full image with coded size reduction. it will increase the load speed of that page a million times.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

I agree with you on the thumbnail thing. I'm surprised they did it like they did. Especially with 75 pics.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I am actually looking forward to the redesigned Malibu and Ford Fusion over the next year or two. I know, I know, midsize sedan how exciting. Still I think the popularity of the midsize car section and the intense competition will lead to some nice vehicles being put out by GM and Ford of the next years.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Okay, I'll be the one to say it. I would love to see the next generation Monte unveilled within the next couple years. This time with rear wheel drive and definitely a V8.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by Taz
Okay, I'll be the one to say it. I would love to see the next generation Monte unveilled within the next couple years. This time with rear wheel drive and definitely a V8.
agree!!! But I'm scared to see what GM will do to it =(

Old 01-11-2011, 12:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ooo Lotsa stuff to post.

As far as the original Post I am not to excited about to many 2011 cars, I honestly totally dislake the redone 300, turn for the worse IMO. I normally don't like chrysler products but I agree one day I may have a DD Challenger or Grand Cherokee SRT-8, just throw on some tints/headers/exhaust/intake and call it a day nothing crazy.

Nothing else on that list really gets me to excited.

As for GM I was super excited to see that we were getting the Regal GS at first, it was to be based on a Vauxhall in Europe which was an AWD V6 making over 300 HP...then GM Brought a concept car to last years NY Auto show with AWD 4 Cylinder turbo making 225hp or so.....then the official announcement became FWD 4 Cylinder Turbo....and my excitement went out the door....I love my Monte but I doubt I will ever own another FWD Car.

As for the Camaro Beating out the stang, IMO that's kinda biased mostly cause the camaro wasn't around for years so I think all of the camaro fans were clamoring for something new and the mustang never left so of course the sales for the mustang wouldn't peak any higher....Honestly I was going to buy a camaro the day I saw it in the first Transformers, unfortunately it didn't get released until the second movie came out and by then my excitement for it was gone. It should beinteresting to see what the convertable and z28 do, but I'm more interested in the next generation built on the alpha platform for it to loose some weight.

I to am excited to see what the new Malibu looks like, the current one is leaps and bounds over the previous generation and this is what chevy needs to take on the Camry.

I'm also interested to see what they do with the next generation Impala, seems like the current one has been arond for quite some time and is due for a refresh, so far I've heard it will be fwd once again, and look a bit like a 4 door camaro with retro round lights in the rear. I think this is coming in 2013

As for the Monte Carlo Nameplate I have not heard any rumors, but what I have heard is a possible reserection of another nameplate....Possibility of bringing back a Chevelle based on the Commodore (G8), and if they do this I am hopeful a Maloo (El Camino) isn't to far off.

Regardless I plan on going to the NYIAS as soon as it arrives as I do every year, pics to be posted as ussual!

Joe

Old 01-11-2011, 01:11 PM

Sorry. Hard for me to get excited about anything other than the new 2012 Z-28...
After all - the beast in the garage ('68 502 BB Biscayne) puts out 575 lbs Torque,
624 horsepower. Old school Weiand 8-71 !!

Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: 10 Cars Worth Waiting for in 2011