Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>10 Cars That Are Being Discontinued After 2015 <

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 08:51 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow >10 Cars That Are Being Discontinued After 2015 <

10 Cars That Are Being Discontinued After 2015

by Justin Cupler

2014 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon (Credit: © Cadillac)(Sorry `Brent)
Styling fads come and go, technology comes and goes, and buyer needs are constantly changing. These are all the reasons why the automotive world is constantly evolving. When automakers become complacent and live off of past success, they eventually learn what the now-defunct Saturn learned: change or die.
This constant changing is also why we see so many different cars coming and going each year. As new model years roll around, buyers can see dozens of old cars disappear and be replaced by a dozen all-new cars. Understandably, this can all get rather confusing.
To help you get a grasp on what cars are checking out for 2015, InsiderCarNews.com has put together a list of the 10 most notable cars that won’t be around after 2015. Some of these cars are leaving to simplify confusing lineups, while others simply don’t make great business sense. However, there is one vehicle that won’t live beyond 2015 that has no reason to go anywhere other than the fact that its parent company obviously wants to shake things up a bit.
1. Chevrolet SS

2015 Chevrolet SS (Credit: © Chevrolet)
On paper, the Chevy SS was a hit. It had four doors, 415 horsepower and required little engineering work because it was simply a rebadged Holden Commodore imported from Australia. Unfortunately , that wasn’t the case as only 2,166 units have found garages to call home as of October 2014. On top of slow sales, GM has decided to cease Holden operations in Australia starting in 2017, meaning the SS must die too or GM needs to find a way to produce the SS in another country. The latter simply won’t happen, and the 2015 model year will be the last for the SS.
Viewing 1 of 10

Click 4 more (Your choice)

Read more: 10 Cars That Are Being Discontinued After 2015 ? Insider Car News

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 01-15-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:52 AM
Old 01-15-2015, 09:23 AM
Talking >I need a Full ReDesign for 2015 (LOL) > Do U ? <

13 Cars Getting a Full Redesign for 2015

2015 Ford Mustang (Credit: © Ford)
The revolving door that is Automotive industry is constantly ushering in new designs while old ones are sent to the gravel pits of crappy used-car lots. This constant change not only keeps up with the ever-changing demands of customers, but it also helps manufacturers gain the interest of new buyers by showing off their latest and greatest designs.
Redesigning a vehicle is a very delicate subject that can either revitalize an aging legend or destroy an icon. Some redesigns are smashing successes, like the fifth-generation Camaro or the C7 Corvette, but some are forever remembered as nearly killing legends, like the Mustang II or any Bangle-era Bimmer.
As we roll into the 2015 model year, there are tons of cars, trucks, vans and SUVs getting complete overhauls, and we’ve put together a list of the 13 most talked-about redesigns for 2015. Let us know in the comments section which ones you think are great and which should head back to the drawing board.
1. Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon

2015 Chevrolet Colorado (Credit: © Chevrolet)
The Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon twins not only took a two-model-year vacation here in the U.S., but they also returned with a completely new design and mechanical goodies. The Colorado and Canyon were always capable midsize trucks, but the 2015 model year arrives with the goal of taking over the segment.
On top of the obvious differences on the outside, the Colorado and Canton twins also receive a new, more premium cabin, a new, 2.5-liter engine with 200 horsepower, a new, 3.6-liter V-6 with 305 horses, and a soon-to-be-released 2.8-liter diesel engine with 180 horses and 324 pound-feet of torque.
Viewing 1 of 13 NEXT »

Click above (Your Choice)
Read more: 13 Cars Getting a Full Redesign for 2015 ? Insider Car News

Old 01-15-2015, 12:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

The SS out-priced itself. It was just too expensive for that car.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
That is true, but I still liked the SS. What I find odd about the low sales is the fact that I have been to four chevy dealers and none of them have the SS on the lot. Three of them said Chevrolet would not send them one since they were not a Mega Dealer. You can't sell what is not on the lot. It is like it was set up to fail.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Yeah, GM is pretty good at doing that - SSR is another example. GM didn't intend to keep the SS more than a few years anyway so I'm not surprised.

Kind of unfortunate to see the Jaguar XK go but if there's a soon-to-be replacement as mentioned I guess it's okay. XK is a nice looking car but at least Jag still has the F-Type which is absolutely amazing looking - one of my current favorites.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 01-15-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by GTHSS
That is true, but I still liked the SS. What I find odd about the low sales is the fact that I have been to four chevy dealers and none of them have the SS on the lot. Three of them said Chevrolet would not send them one since they were not a Mega Dealer. You can't sell what is not on the lot. It is like it was set up to fail.
They basically did, zero marketing, zero pushing. They only made just enough to meet the requirements so the SS could be used in nascar. I don't think gm cares if the SS sells one way or the other. They are indeed about $10k too expensive, but they might make great used cars in a few years as long as the prices actually come down.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

The CTS-V wagon failed because it appealed to me. I may like it, but I can't afford it. Building cars that I like that don't sell will get you nowhere! I really hope to own one of those CTS-V Wagons when the right one is a little older, but before it's totally used up. Old Cadillac's are often troublesome tho

I think the SS is priced comparatively well to it Euro-counterparts. Which is me agreeing that it is over priced. I think GM could have tried so much harder with styling

Last edited by JuniorCar; 01-15-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
The CTS-V wagon failed because it appealed to me. I may like it, but I can't afford it. Building cars that I like that don't sell will get you nowhere! I really hope to own one of those CTS-V Wagons when the right one is a little older, but before it's totally used up. Old Cadillac's are often troublesome tho
Originally Posted by JuniorCar

LoL `Brent,
Yes, that is why GM cancelled the CTS-V wagon
They finally realized that they priced it to 'high for
people like you that could not afford or enjoy it.

* They did the same thing to the Corvette for 'Space & I
The dream continues to win a Big Lotto

Old 01-17-2015, 12:42 AM

I really liked the SS when it came out until I saw the price!!! like 45K!! really!! maybe pick one up down the road used for a decent price?