Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

08 Coupes Prototypes + more

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Default RE: 08 Honda Accord Coupe Production Proto-type!

had to be a 6. . . chevy didn't make a v-8 until 55 or 56, maybe even as late as 57

Old 01-12-2007, 02:29 PM

lol Josh your right it would be cheaper. and i actually like those damed things. jsut dont fit in them LOL
i cant get the seats back far enough fo rmy liking in them

CHEVY V-8
the first chevy v-8 cam eout in 1955 in the 55 chevy Belair it was the 265ci v-8 aith a 2 speed power slide or the 3 in the tree with over drive as options.
oe of the best motors they came out with in those years.
the 283 didnt come out till mid to late 56 model year of the 56 chevy V-b belair. there was also the option of Over drive int he 3 spped cars.
then they had the 283 HP package that was the same thing but had a crude (according to todays standards) Fule injection on them

Sorry those are my years of cars there. i have restored and help restore a few of them and the trucks to.
oh and prior to that was the blue flame inline 6 banger that had a 3 speed tranny that if you were to actually use 1st to pull anything it would rip homes of fhtier foundations. and normally you would not make it off the line before you had to shift.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: mickey

lol Josh your right it would be cheaper. and i actually like those damed things. jsut dont fit in them LOL
i cant get the seats back far enough fo rmy liking in them
how tall are youthen??? because i'm 6'9" tall and i think its very comfortable for my legs in there (not that back, but the front) my parents have the gold dream cruiser and i dont mind it....mind you it doesn't have the leg room that the monte carlo does, but i'm comfortable in it....i've sat it waaay worse vehicles

Old 01-12-2007, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: wiz kidd
you could go with this one might be a little cheaper..lol

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wiz, that's a BadAzz Look'in PT[/align][align=center]Thanks 4 posting : )[/align][align=center]It would be awesome with a small block Chevy [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mickey, thanks 4 the infor on the First year Chev V -8[/align][align=center](U have a lot of knowledge on Chevy's)[/align][align=center]Thanks 4 Sharing..[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/AC2F8E29D3B943DAB464AD59C980DB63.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center]Peace,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 01-12-2007, 03:15 PM

[align=center][:-]Below link has 29 pic's of the Camaro [:-][/align][align=center]I love the rear view & Exhaust : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://autos.msn.com/as/gallery.aspx...Camaro_Concept[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"To dare, to Dream"[/align][align=center]EnJoy[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/88014B5D8B9F45298D9C1B0DBA15C608.gif[/IMG]
I'll take either one [:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/24855FEFA21447C4B57F883662000427.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center]Story Filed:1/9/2006 12:10 PM
Camaro Returns to Chevrolet

Chevrolet Camaro[/align][align=center][align=center]http://autos.msn.com/as/article.aspx...w=autoshow2006[/align][align=center]Click above 4 more + Video[/align][align=center][/align][/align]

Old 01-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

or this one

more pics here cuz its on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...QQcmdZViewItem

i've seen one with a viper engine in once too it was nice but the guy wanted 250000 for it....i know thats just pocket change..lol..but still

Old 01-13-2007, 10:35 AM

[align=center]Josh -Wiz Kidd, you sure find some unique rides.[/align][align=center]There's a lot of work in that PT, but the price is high[/align][align=center]for a stock engine.[/align][align=center]Looks likethe headlights are from a 39 - 40 Ford ?[/align][align=center]Some older dude on the beach has a 40 Ford Coupe w/350 Chev[/align][align=center]power....It's a BadAzz Machine.[/align][align=center]Again, thanks for sharing.[/align][align=center]How does your parents like their's ?[/align][align=center]Are they decent on MPG ?[/align][align=center]If you had to, would you choose a PT or a HHR ?[/align][align=center]Wish all a `Happy[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Oh, keep this kid away from your daughter [/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/589BD664F43F44B1865A907671ED5D16.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 01-13-2007, 12:31 PM

12 Best Cars Under 30k[/align]By ROAD & TRACK STAFF
**Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged
[*]Honda Civic si[*]Mazda MX-5 Miata PHRT[*]Mazdaspeed 3[*]Mini Cooper S JCW[*]Lancer Evolution RS[*]Nissan 350Z[*]Pontiac Solstace GXP[*]Scion tC TRD[*]Subaru Impreza WRX Limited[*]Volkswagen GTI[*]View the Cars[*]View the Comparison Test[*]Meet the Winning Car
[ol][/ol]
[ul][/ul]The average price of a new car is fast approaching the $30,000 mark. But the entries that make up this list are anything but "average." After several meetings-and some very heated discussions among our staff-we've come up with a dozen of the most enjoyable machines that are sure to elicit a smile and/or raise the pulse rate of anyone who loves cars. Foreign or domestic; coupe, sedan, 5-door or convertible; supercharged 4-cylinder all the way up to a good ol' pavement-thumping American V-8, there's a wealth of riches to be had for less than thirty large in today's automotive marketplace.

There can be only one…After our editorial staff put each car through its paces by logging plenty of test miles on both an autocross course of our own design and a half-street/half-freeway loop around Southern California, we sat down to make the very difficult choice of selecting one winner-the very best from a great group of cars.

Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged
Let's face it. If you are reading this magazine, you are passionate about cars. Big ones, small ones. Expensive rides as well as pocket-rockets. Sure, we all have our own preferences when it comes to automotive entertainment, but given the opportunity, we'll jump into just about any fun car we can to give it a good run. And the Cobalt SS Supercharged is no exception.

As one editor put it, the Cobalt SS is "one of the best-kept secrets in the marketplace." A potent supercharged powerplant with linear power delivery provides an entertaining 205 bhp. The acclaim from editors about the engine was summed up with such comments as "nice and smooth, packs a nice punch…and a cool exhaust note." The handling was admired as predictable and nimble. The shades of understeer were brushed off as "easy to adapt your driving style to." Many of us wished for a more refined gearbox, though dynamically, this car was surprisingly fun to drive. Why surprising? Well, because it just doesn't send shivers of excitement up your spine. Some editors said the styling and level of quality were turn-offs. Ouch! Do those things negate the positive points of the Cobalt SS? In the words of one editor, "This is certainly a good car, b

Old 01-14-2007, 10:05 AM

I'm all for the new Camaro as that body style is nice, but that Challenger - Damn!!!
If it wasn't for the fact I have the Monte I would so switch to Mopar...
Maybe I'll get a used one in 10 years.

Old 01-14-2007, 06:48 PM

yeah i hear ya. btu the nice thing that this means is tha tif they come out with the camaro on time and the charger reto comes out then G.M. might have not been the last oen to produce a car .
for once in history they might have beaten someone to the punch.
but im with ya on the 10 year mark I will most likely be looking for one of those and the camaro if i have gotten my camaro yet. i soooooooo want the rag top version of the new one.
But the monte wil be here for life.

Quick Reply: 08 Coupes Prototypes + more