Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

08 `Turbo SS by Chevy : )

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 12:16 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 08 `Turbo SS by Chevy : )

What's the odds we end up with more then one Chevy dealer employee on this web site and they both worked at dealers in MI? (okay, Craig's no longer employed there)

10 Steps To Saving Gas
(some good tips here)
(my g/f should read #8. maybe even post a copy in the car?)

Don't vent your anger behind the wheel. Aggressive acceleration wastes gas and can be dangerous as well.

10 Steps to Better Gas Mileage[*] Warming up your vehicle in the driveway wastes gas. Drive slowly for the first few blocks instead to bring your engine to optimal driving temperature.[*]Smooth, gradual acceleration increases mileage; rapid starts waste gas. Try to maintain a steady rate of speed and take advantage of timed traffic lights.[*]Watch your speed. For every mile per hour over 50, mileage decreases roughly one percent. When traveling at a steady speed, most vehicles get their best mileage between 35 and 45 mph.[*]Proper tire inflation and wheel alignment decrease road resistance and increase mileage. Check tire pressure monthly and rotate tires using your vehicles specific maintenance schedule.[*]A well-maintained vehicle will run properly and use fuel more efficiently.[*]Use your air conditioning wisely. With the air on, your engine uses more fuel.[*]Drive less by planning ahead. Try to do all your errands in one trip and plan the most efficient route.[*]Don't vent your anger behind the wheel. Aggressive acceleration wastes gas and can be dangerous as well.[*]When you see a red light or stop sign ahead, take your foot off the accelerator and let your vehicle coast in gear. This lets momentum get you to the intersection.[*]Shift properly. If you have a manual transmission, shifting into high gear as soon as possible without straining the engine reduces drag and uses less fuel.
[ol][/ol]

Old 03-08-2008, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi `Paul,
Correction made : )
Maybe one of our member's will buy a car from you!
Hope business is good 4 U.
Oh, is your 07SS faster/better then your awesome Blue06 SS ?
Thanks for your post..`Space

Old 03-08-2008, 01:48 PM

the 2006 and 2007 are the exact same car, just different color. so stock for stock they are the same. but my 2006 was modded and fast as hell. it would chirp 2nd whenever i did wot driving. it ran a 13.6 on stock tires. driving the 2007 pisses me off cuz its stock right now and feels like a dog. but ill have the mods on once the weather breaks nice . mods that will be on as soon as its nice will be the cai, hp tune, shift kit, catless downpipe ( which i did not have on the 2006 ) exhaust , hid fogs and hid headlights

Old 03-08-2008, 06:27 PM

That is going to be one friggin bullet!!