Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>0-60 in 2.9 Seconds>WoW<

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking >0-60 in 2.9 Seconds>WoW<

Nissan GT-R\
Nissan

Nissan has been able to put together some impressive vehicles over the years, but none of them can hold up to the speed of the GT-R Nismo. Hitting impressive top speeds of 195 miles per hour, the GT-R is propelled by a 3.8 liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine capable of making 600 horsepower. It can also make the 0-60 dash in 2.0 seconds, putting it up against some of the fastest cars in the world. It still comes with a price in the six figures — that still isn’t quite that bad when held up to some of the cars it can compete with (certain Italians come to mind).
32. Porsche

2016 Nissan GT-R shown

• MSR
$103,365
Listed MSRP is for a 2016 Nissan GT-R 2dr Cpe Premium base trim with no options. Includes destination fee. Does not include sales tax.

• Lease
  • Finance
$1,662/mo*
This number is based on a 36-month, 15000-mile-per-year lease. Lease calculation assumes money factor of 0.00252 and residual of 57%. Assumes ZIP code of 90210 and entered credit score of 800 or higher. Does not include sales tax. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount may be determined at lease signing. Mileage charge of $0.25/mile over 45,000 miles. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair and excess wear. Lease payments will vary depending on options, vehicle availability, dealer participation, lender participation and terms, and credit score, all of which may vary from the assumptions above. The payment listed is not a guarantee or offer, only an estimate. Promotional interest rate and residual used for monthly lease payment calculation valid 2/2/2016 - 2/29/2016. *Hurry, time running out Bum `Mike (lol)

Cash Due at Signing

$1,662 total cash due at signing includes $1,662 total cash down, $0 security deposit. Tax, title, tags, and dealership fees not included. $595 lease acquisition fee is rolled into monthly payments. Unless waived as part of offer, first month's payment is included in due at signing amount.

*AccuPayment estimates payments under various scenarios for budgeting and informational purposes only. AccuPayment does not state credit or lease terms that are available from a creditor or lessor, and AccuPayment is not an offer or promotion of a credit or lease transaction.

INCENTIVES AVAILABLE

Price with Options

Nissan’s GT-R may be fugly to some, but as an instrument of pure speed, it’s a thing of beauty. A 545-hp, twin-turbo V-6 and astounding, all-wheel-drive grip give the GT-R supercar performance. Its six-figure price is still cheap compared with anything else so quick. Numerous enhancements over the years have made it faster and more refined, with 0-to-60 times dropping below three seconds. Want more? Check out the NISMO version with 600 hp. This car’s not called Godzilla for nothing.Instrumented Test – 2015 Nissan GT-R NISMOView Features and Specs

16/23 mpg
EPA

2.9 sec
0-60

600 hp
HP

191 mph
Top Speed

Tested: 2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO
Test Location: Willow Springs International Raceway (Rosamond, CA) - August 2014

Rank In Premium Sports Cars

Show More in Premium Sports Cars (10 total)

Instrumented Test

2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO

Not any quicker than a normal GT-R, but quite a bit more NISMO.

TWEET

From the August 2014 Issue of Car and Driver
The 2015 model year marks the seventh for the GT-R, and nearly every turn of the calendar has come with incremental updates from Nissan, stretching the envelope of a car we initially called “big, heavy, and incredible.”
The portfolio grows this year to include a NISMO—Nissan Motorsports—model, and all three of our initial adjectives still ring true. NISMOizing the GT-R makes it a little bigger, stretching the car’s length by 0.5 inch with new bodywork. This includes an integrated splitter and a raised rear wing that, according to Nissan, increase downforce at 186 mph by 220 pounds without affecting the car’s 0.26 drag coefficient.

At 3883 pounds, the NISMO is still a heavy beast and only a scant two pounds lighter than a 2014 GT-R Track Edition. With engine modifications—including larger turbos lifted from Nissan’s FIA GT3 racers, remapped timing, and revised breathing—the 3.8-liter V-6 produces an additional 55 horsepower and 18 pound-feet of torque, for 600 and 481, respectively. Reportedly, Nissan could have cranked it up even further, but resisted the urge for the sake of transmission longevity, which is a touchy subject after early R35 models Cuisinarted their transaxles.

A quarter-mile run doesn’t reveal much difference from the ’14 Track model, with the NISMO breaking the tape in 11.2 seconds at 125 mph. That’s the same time and just one mph swifter than the ’14. In fact, the two track sheets look eerily similar. Both cars register 1.02 g’s on the skidpad, stop from 70 mph in 145 feet, and sprint to a mile-per-minute in 2.9 seconds. Maybe the tires and drivetrain are just about maxed out in the launch department. The NISMO’s extra power is apparent mainly in its run to 130 mph, which is 0.3 second quicker than the Track model’s time.

Nissan keeps milking its speed cow: The aging GT-R offers up new delights in NISMO guise but the same old arcade-console cabin.

Adjustable Bilstein dampers, revised springs, and a hollow anti-roll bar at the rear crank up the GT-R’s stiffness. This is no commuter; when it comes to ride quality, think Porsche 911 GT3 RS or a chunk of granite. There are three settings for the dampers, but even in the laziest mode the chassis feels stiffer than a regular GT-R’s.
If there were a prize for most alphanumeric suffixes, the NISMO’s Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 600 DSST CTT tires would clinch it. Developed specifically for the NISMO GT-R, Nissan claims the tires are stickier than last year’s rubber. After driving the car on a track and into a paradox with our dusty skidpad readings, we believe that claim.

Understeer is the NISMO’s yeti: Hunt for it all you want, you’ll never find it. The NISMO cuts into a corner with the force of a car intended only for closed courses and pro drivers. Find the apex, mash the gas, and keep it pointed on the road. It’ll do it time and time again, without protest.
The NISMO costs a whopping $48,220 more than a base GT-R, for performance that isn’t apparent on paper. If you’re able to fully appreciate its capabilities on the track, however, you’ll exit saying “incredible, incredible,” which is twice as many times as we said it years ago. And if it isn’t blade-sharp enough for you, a NISMO track model is coming soon. Rumor has it a hybrid powertrain may also slot into the GT-R. Then, Dunlop may finally have a rival for the insufferably long suffix award.
View Photos

Highs and Lows

Highs:

Track-friendly dynamics, gobs of grip, member of the 600-hp club.
Lows:

Big surcharge, rigid ride, a more aggro GT-R is coming.

Specifications

VEHICLE TYPE:front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 4-passenger, 2-door coupe

PRICE AS TESTED:$151,880 (base price: $151,585)

ENGINE TYPE:twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection

DISPLACEMENT:232 cu in, 3799 cc
Power: 600 hp @ 6800 rpm
Torque: 481 lb-ft @ 3200 rpm

TRANSMISSION:6-speed dual-clutch automatic with manual shifting mode

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 109.4 in
Length: 184.3 in
Width: 74.6 in Height:54.2 in
Curb weight: 3883 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 2.9 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 7.0 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 12.2 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 3.9 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 11.2 sec @ 125 mph
Top speed (redline limited): 191 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 145 ft
Roadholding, 200-ft-dia skidpad: 1.02 g

FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway: 16/23 mpg

TEST NOTES:Toggle the three dash switches (up, up, down), left foot on the brake, floor the throttle, and release the brake to engage launch control. The brakes love heat. Stopping distances shrank from 160 feet to 145 on the final two stops.

News and Reviews
Downloads

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-23-2016 at 07:41 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:08 AM
Question Would you like to own one ?

www.nissanusa.com/sportscars/gt-r/versions.../version.black.html
Nissan

Press the Nissan GT-R® accelerator and you feel more than raw power. The 545-hp twin-turbo V6 may be massive in strength, yet it’s highly refined, even earning ULEV-II emissions rating. ... The GT-R® 6-speed sequential dual-clutch transmission shifts as quickly as 0.15 seconds when ...

www.nissanusa.com/sportscars/gt-r
Nissan

2016 GT-R® 45th Anniversary Gold EditionLimited Availability. Starting MSRP ... 2016Nissan GT-R sports car black edition driving in snow shown in pearl white ...

nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/.../nissan-announces-pricing-for-2016-gt-r

Mar 20, 2015 - Pricing remains unchanged for 2016; GT-R Premium adds new 20-spoke ... About the 2016 Nissan GT-R Premium and GT-R Black Edition

www.torquenews.com/.../2016-nissan-gt-r-holds-price-adds-horsepower-...

Mar 18, 2015 - Pricing is at $101,770 for the 2016 GT-R Premium while the 2016 GT-R Black Edition is still $111,510 and the 2016 GT-R NISMO is still ...

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-23-2016 at 07:14 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:15 AM
Old 02-23-2016, 01:09 PM
Talking >Dream Rides = = = = = =======>

http://www.caranddriver.com/mercedes-amg/gt-gt-s

Click 2 EnJoy
Mercedes, `Jag, Porsche

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-23-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:49 AM
Old 02-24-2016, 10:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very nice cars indeed - but Chevy is in my blood. I got into the Lansing Grand River plant's F/B page those workers are sooo happy to be back to work

Old 02-25-2016, 06:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

love my ride
add a bit more hp and it is my dream car ..... grocery geter that can smoke the rods LOL
my dreams don't include vehicles I will never afford

Old 02-26-2016, 07:04 PM

I really do like the gtr. I think they've done a great job making a car that performs at a supercar level for a below supercar price. Also, I give them credit for being able to compete with a very different engine from their competition (and of course I love that it's a boosted v6 to boot). We have a good number of alpha gtrs out here, and those things really tear up the 1/2 mile racing even against boosted exotics that likely have triple the money wrapped up in them.

With that said, I have driven one and I honestly wasn't blown away. I drove it for a few laps of a fairly tight road course out at vegas (it was a black edition). The other cars I drove that day were a mercedes sls with a monster NA v8 and a super light cayman R. I think there a few reasons why it didn't impress me:
-the event layout didn't give you time to play with all of the features and screens. You get in, adjust the seat/mirrors, run through the high points, then drive 5 laps. I didn't have time to explore all of the screens and options.
-the course was very tight and the car felt much heavier and had much more body roll than the other cars I drove. I'm sure they handle great, but my memory of them is tainted from being spoiled by the others.
-the tightness of the track in many spots meant you were on and off the throttle a lot. You had to keep the rpm way up because it felt weak if you let it get too low (again, compared to the other cars I drove). That's to be expected with a relatively low compression, low displacement engine.
-on the tight track, the turbo spool time got a bit irritating, again tied a bit to keeping the rpm up.
-if they would've given you a chance to do a launch from a dead stop or to actually run the car at full throttle beyond the one straight that only ran from about 40 to 110 mph - I bet my experience would've been a lot more positive.

I don't dislike the car because of it, I would love to DD one for sure. It just wasn't an event that played to the gtr's strengths.

I do however disagree with Nissan's approach on a few things:
-Weight. If I'm not mistaken the r32 was about 3150, the r33 was about 3300, and the r34 was about 3450. The gtr is about 3850 from what I hear, and it is visually a big car. I would like to see them push to get the weight and size of the car back down a bit.
-Dealership price gouging. I'm not sure if it's like this anymore, but I had a chance to look around the first gtr in our area. Sticker was about $70k, but the dealer was asking $100k. Nothing turns me off on a car more than that. I know it happens with many specialty vehicles, but think the manufacturer should do anything they can to keep it from happening (even if that includes making more cars to satisfy the excessive demand).
-Price. On that thread, the price of the gtr seems to be out of control. They came out around $70k, and now sticker for $100k for a base model up to $150k for the model above. That seems like an awful lot of change in a very little time compared to other cars. Granted the dealers probably aren't marking then up as much anymore so the actual price paid may not be as different.
-Lack of model choices. Personally, id like to see a range of models offered like with the skyline series. Id like to see a stripped down version, like a more stripped down version without all of the electronic gizmos and maybe with rwd. I think that would move a lot of cars, and they could still keep it positioned just above the top level 370z to keep the halo car status. I'm thinking a spread of cars like the base corvette c6 / z06 / zr1 spread. That should also drive down costs of their current top of the line model since I'm sure many of the parts would be shared (fenders, carpet, etc) so they would get discounts for higher volumes.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 02-26-2016 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Talking It's all just $'s & cents...I don't have either (LOL)

Hi Bump'in `Chad,
I enjoy reading your post/thoughts on the GTR. Yes, the price game by dealers is everywhere..(Supply & Demand)...I think it's a great car for the dollars, but I'd rather have a new Camaro S.S. with the track pkg for less then 1/2 the price.

Yes, the GTR are Large & you sit high in them & not like a regular exotic. I'm looking forward to test driving the New S.S. (I know a salesmen @ the local dealer that told me to come in & test. For now, I want the 3.6L Camaro with stick & track pkg..(It's in my price range & much lower insurance cost. The reviews I've read are very positive on it.... The 3.6L was chosen as one of the top then engines this year by Ward....(Review in is my Take the Engine Test MCF Thread)...Oh, I hope you take the test...No ones got 100% yet...Maybe it's you Great to see you online...I know that Space always enjoyed reading your posts about you & your Monte build....(So do I)...

Keep us updated on your rides...Wish you a Super Eve > Life & Super Rides >EnJoy<

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...ne-quiz-55551/
^
Click above >I dare you< LOL<

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-26-2016 at 07:29 PM.