Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: What's your average amount of free time a week ?
I have none
5.56%
About 1 hour a week
0%
About 1 to 7 hours a week
22.22%
About 8 to 16 hours a week
5.56%
About 16 to 24 hours a week
33.33%
About 24 to 48 hours a week
11.11%
About 48 to 96 hours a week
0%
About 100 to 200 hours a week
0%
Over 200 hours a week
0%
I have all the time in the World 2 do what I want ~> ?
22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

~> How much Time do you Have ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ~> How much Time do you Have ?

Hi Member's,

How Much `Free Time do You Actually Have a Week ?
Please Vote in above Poll

The Futurist examines Americans’ use of time. According to the article, the common perception that there just isn’t enough time isn’t supported by the stats from a national study using time-diaries. Basically, the findings show that Americans average 35 hours per week of work time and 35 hours per week of free time. This is much more time than what most Americans perceive.
One of the reasons people feel like they have no time is because of marketing. There are many businesses who make money if you don’t feel like you have enough time. Everything from self-help books to prepared foods to services depend on people who feel like they are too busy.
So where does all the free time go? According to the article, over half of it is spent watching television. (However, the article notes that time spent watching television isn’t any higher than it was

When people say that they don’t have enough time, it says more about how they spend their time than the actual quantity. After all, no one really has more time, we all just spend it in different ways. When people feel like their time is being spent on very valuable things, they may still run out of time, but there is a completely different level of fulfillment involved.
The trick to having enough time is making sure that it is spent on things that you feel are important. This means setting priorities and deciding what is actually valuable to you ahead of time.
By spending your free time on things that you feel are truly valuable, you won’t have actually ended up with more time, but you can increaseyour satisfaction with how your time is spent.
This funny quote from the article seems to sum up many Americans’ feelings about why they don’t have any free time. “Of course I don’t have any free time, because I spend so much of my time watching TV.”

I have about one hour a day for now, but I hope to
increase that by a hundred times in about 10 more months

Last edited by Space; 02-02-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I chose all the time in the world since I am laid off. But really, I do a lot around the house, actually 90% of it. That will all change later this month or next month. Then it goes way down.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:17 PM

How we use time can for sure very. Being in college I always say I never have time, but in reality I do still have free time if I choose. A full time schedule is supposed to take up 40 hours per week, I dont put this in, but I also work 20 hours a week and spend at least 10 hours a week in the gym lifting/playing bball/running. There are definitely days where I'm going from 8am to 2-3 in the morning, but definitely still free time I would say on average 15-20 hours a week. Would be less if I slept the recommended 8 hours though :P

Old 02-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

Forza consumes Most of my time right now as im looking for a job, Cant mod the Monte without the Cash

Old 02-02-2012, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks member's for posting/voting..

Leisure Time is hard for me to find, and I do my best to master my time so that I can get the most from each day &'Life

Jerry, you are lucky 4-Sure, but what's your average when you are back to work...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz
I hope this Thread makes you think about your time & to
do your best to get the most out of every day that you are given....We share on the MCF, cause we care >4-Sure We want you to find more time to enjoy your Chevy Monte Carlo's

Old 02-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Not much, counting work and yard work, etc. Probably 20-30 hours

Old 02-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Never seems to be enough time for me to do all the activies i want to do. Watch top gear, play PS3, computer games. Etc... or i'm in school or work.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:48 PM

I hate tv except for 4 shows and i dont even really watch them. i have a new born, a three year old and ofcourse my wife. they are always on the tv and im at my desk bsing when i am not with the baby or playing with my kid. cooking, cleaning.......

Old 02-02-2012, 06:37 PM

My schedule's pretty free now since I gave up my job to become full-time caregiver to my wife and chauffeur to my dad.
I'm going back to work this soon, though.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:49 AM

My three girls keep me hoping during the day before work at the mouse house. Some nights at work I have lots of free time and other nights none at all. When I get home at night I usually post on here and watch tv for a few hours before going to sleep. That's my answer and I'm sticking to it. Lol.

Quick Reply: ~> How much Time do you Have ?