Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~> Good News 4 U = $ <~

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 06:04 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up ~> Good News 4 U = $ <~

GOOD NEWS

I love posting Good News...Just heard on the News & read online that Gas should fall below $3.00 a gallon
NEW YORK — Soaring gasoline prices are in the rearview mirror.
For the first time in months, retail gasoline prices have fallen below $3 a gallon in places, including parts of Michigan, Missouri and Texas. And the relief is likely to spread thanks to a sharp decline in crude-oil prices.
The national average for regular unleaded gasoline is $3.51 per gallon, down from a high of $3.98 in early May. Last week’s plunge in oil prices could push the average to $3.25 per gallon by November, analysts say. Prices for regular gas have dropped below $3.30 in some parts of South Jersey.
Let us know & make a post on what it is today in your area...& Keep us updated if it drops...(I'm sure that we are going to have to pay for this cut in the long run, but I sure hope it helps the economy & rising prices of EveryThing: )
Presently with all this Global turmoil & problems + the stock market failings, I believe it's going to get worse, before it gets better...What do you think ? *I tried to think, but got lost in `space : ) It's also so vast & confusing : ) Please do what you can `to to make it better for yourself & others in your `Life..
Peace & Good Luck to `all from `Space
News for gas price drop

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=ts><TBODY><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; WIDTH: 80px; PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; FONT-SIZE: 78%; PADDING-TOP: 7px" vAlign=top>
<CITE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px">Kansas City Star</CITE>

<TD class=nrtd vAlign=top><LI style="LIST-STYLE-POSITION: outside; MARGIN-TOP: 5px" class=w0>

Retail gasoline prices drop in US as global economy slows
<CITE>Cherry Hill Courier Post</CITE> - 40 minutes ago
Over a year, a 50 cents-per-gallon drop in gasoline prices would add roughly $70 billion to the US economy. Arthur De Villar, a 48-year-old safety inspector ...
415 related articles

<LI style="LIST-STYLE-POSITION: outside" class=w0>
Columbia Gas Prices Drop Below $3.00 a Gallon
<CITE>KOMU-TV</CITE> - 301 related articles

<LI style="LIST-STYLE-POSITION: outside" class=w0>
Average gas prices in Ohio, nation drop again
<CITE>WFMJ</CITE> - 23 related articles

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by Space; 09-26-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

That's good we need a little break now if it could get to about 2.75 and stay there,

Old 09-26-2011, 01:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was happy to fill up the Camaro and it not be almost $50.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:26 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Im glad its getting cheaper i gotta use 93 in the gto & it sux

Old 09-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

I guess the price reduction hasn't hit the West Coast yet...or at least not around here. I know they say the price is down, but I had to pay 30 cents a gallon more this weekend when I filled up versus what I paid 2 weeks ago. What I really don't understand is when the price of a barrel goes up it is instantly reflected at the pump with a higher price. When the price of a barrel goes down the price at the pump doesn't go down right away. They claim it is because they had to pay the higher price for the gas currently in the station's tanks. If that's the case, then why do they jack the price up on the gas in their tanks when the price of a barrel goes up? They didn't pay the higher price for it. The answer: Greed.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
x2, the Monte takes premium.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:14 PM

I paid 3.32 a gallon yesterday when I filled the Town & Country. It was glad to fill it and not spend 60 dollars. I think that the price at the pump has little to do with supply and demand. The rich speculators set the prices. They create situations to drive up the price. This season every time there was a hurricane in the Atlantic the price went up. Not once did the supply of gas get impacted by a storm. There I think was one rig shut down because of a storm in the gulf and it was only for a few days. The price went up immediately but took its sweet time to come back down.the oil company's post record profits quarter after quarter but yet our government keeps giving them corporate welfare month after month. All the while we continue to get gouged at the pump. The government also is at fault with this too because with its EPA we are not allowed to pump oil in the continental USA where there is enough oil to keep us supplied with cheap oil for generations to come.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
x2, the Monte takes premium.
X3 , My Monte & Impala SS & Vette, Take Premium..

Old 09-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

i put 91 in my Monte. the last couple times i filled it up it was 3.80 and it is a gas hog

Old 09-27-2011, 11:14 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

lol the GTO is a gas hog in town hwy i get 27-28 & if im real easy ive squeezed 32 outta it lol, & man seems like most ppl use premium on here lol

Quick Reply: ~> Good News 4 U = $ <~