Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~>This Car Could Be a Major Mistake

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry ~>This Car Could Be a Major Mistake

Hi Member's
Click below link & see what cars are a mistake ? ? ?
Do you own any of them ?
Post your comments & what you think ?
I'm learning to try & learn from my mistakes, but sometimes they have been hard lessons learned...Look forward to your comments...
p.s. I don't think owning & driving a Chevy Monte Carlo is a mistake 4-Sure

John Raoux, AP
This Car Could Be a Major Mistake

Click on above link to read/see

Rick Santorum called his sponsored NASCAR ride 'about as American as you can get' -- there's just one (big) problem with that.
What Santorum (apparently) doesn't know

Old 02-28-2012, 10:29 AM

Bonus below or I'm just filling `up a Empty`Space

Of the Best deals below, for the Money, I'd choose the Mustang GT & offer them $25K out the door & on the Road..
It's a decent discount I think...The other's are not my style or they are just 2 Expensive 4-Sure OK, your turn...For the $'s, which one would you choose of the ones posted below ? ? ? ? ? ?
AOL Autos Best Deals

Shopping for a new car doesn't have to be a stressful and frustrating experience. Here at AOL Autos, we're working to make car shopping as easy and affordable as possible. That's why we pour over data every week to find out which cars are selling for the steepest discounts on average.
We think you'll like what we've found this week. Click through to check out 10 cars from 10 different segments that are currently selling for exceptionally low prices compared to their MSRPs and invoice prices.
Let the savings begin! But you'll want to hurry. These deals won't last forever.

• Sports Car: 2012 Ford Mustang GT
    • MSRP: $34,710
    • Invoice: $31,959
    • Average Discount: $3,864
    • National Average Selling Price: $30,846Get a Quote
    The Mustang remains one of the most widely recognized, respected and desired nameplates in the automobile business. It may be retro inspired, but the Mustang is a thoroughly modern car. Today's Mustang still delivers the bold styling, rear-drive performance and affordability that have been Mustang hallmarks for decades. The Mustang is available either as a coupe or convertible. Each is available with a 305-hp 3.7-liter V6 or a 412-hp 5.0-liter V8 engine.
  • Luxury Car: 2012 Lincoln MKZ FWD
    • MSRP: $34,755
    • Invoice: $32,677
    • Average Discount: $4,762
    • National Average Selling Price: $29,883Get a Quote
    The LINCOLN MKZ has dynamic American luxury styling with features usually found on cars costing thousands more. The LINCOLN MKZ is powered by a 263-hp 3.5-liter V6 mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with SelectShift, and is offered in both front and all-wheel drive. Standard features include leather heated/cooled power driver and passenger seats, 17" alloy wheels, SYNC entertainment/communication system, satellite radio and dual-zone electronic climate control.
  • Crossover: 2012 Jeep Liberty Sport
    • MSRP: $23,360
    • Invoice: $22,690
    • Average Discount: $3,362
    • National Average Selling Price: $19,998Get a Quote
    The Jeep Liberty offers a good compromise between road-worthiness and off-highway capability for a compact SUV. The Liberty, offered in two-wheel drive or four-wheel drive, is available in three trim levels, Sport, Limited, and the new-for-2012 Jet Edition. The standard powertrain in all Liberty models is a 210 horsepower 3.7-liter V6 and a four-speed automatic transmission.
  • SUV: 2012 Nissan Armada SV
    • MSRP: $38,790
    • Invoice: $35,315
    • Average Discount: $6,979
    • National Average Selling Price: $31,511Get a Quote
    The aptly named Armada has the power and size to accommodate whatever owner's ask of Nissan's flagship SUV. The Armada seats up to eight people and is available in either rear- or four-wheel drive. Class leading towing capability comes from a 317-hp 5.6-liter V8 mated to a five-speed automatic. An E85 Flex Fuel Vehicle (FFV) version is available.
  • Midsize Sedan: 2012 Chrysler 200 Touring
    • MSRP: $21,370
    • Invoice: $20,571
    • Average Discount: $3,257
    • National Average Selling Price: $18,113Get a Quote
    The Chrysler 200 has become, after a remake, a true contender in the ultra-competitive midsize car category, offering value through a high level of standard equipment, along with variety in a convertible model with available hardtop. The front-wheel drive 200 is offered in sedan and convertible body styles, as well as four trim levels - LX (sedan only), Touring, Limited and S. Two engines supply power: a 173-hp 2.4-liter four-cylinder and a 283-hp 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 with flex-fuel capability.
  • Small Sedan: 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer DE
    • MSRP: $15,295
    • Invoice: $14,649
    • Average Discount: $1,821
    • National Average Selling Price: $13,474Get a Quote
    We don't hear that much from Mitsubishi these days, but they are discounting in a big way. The Mitsubishi Lancer is a sporty compact sedan, combining advanced user and safety technologies with stylish design and a fun-to-drive character. The Lancer is available in three front-wheel drive trim levels - DE, ES and GTS - and one all-wheel drive Ralliart trim. The DE and ES are equipped with a 148-hp 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, while the GTS gets a more powerful 168-hp 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine; a five-speed manual transmission is standard, and a continuously variable transmission (CVT) is optional.
  • Large Sedan: 2012 Ford Taurus SEL
    • MSRP: $27,755
    • Invoice: $25,665
    • Average Discount: $3,278
    • National Average Selling Price: $24,477Get a Quote
    The Taurus is Ford's flagship that offers full-size car interior dimensions, luxury car interior quietness, a top safety rating as well as advanced technology, to give it's owners confidence on the road. The front-wheel or all-wheel drive Taurus is powered by a 263-hp 3.5-liter direct injection V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission with the option of steering wheel mounted paddle shifters.
  • Truck: 2011 Ford Ranger SuperCab Sport
    • MSRP: $22,425
    • Invoice: $20,887
    • Average Discount: $5,354
    • National Average Selling Price: $17,071Get a Quote
    The Ford Ranger has been America's best-selling compact pickup for many years. As a work truck, the Ford Ranger offers serious truck capability at affordable prices. Available as a 4x2 Regular cab or 4x2 and 4x4 Supercab the Ranger is offered in three trims: XL, XLT, and Sport. A 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine generates 143 horsepower and a 4.0-liter V6 engine produces 207 horsepower.
  • Minivan: 2012 Nissan Quest S
    • MSRP: $27,750
    • Invoice: $25,859
    • Average Discount: $3,639
    • National Average Selling Price: $24,111Get a Quote
    The Quest is a highly versatile minivan with unique styling, referred to by Nissan as a "celebration of family life." It features three rows of seating for seven occupants, as well as available power sliding side doors and a power rear liftgate for ease of access. The front-wheel drive Quest is offered in four trim levels: S, SV, SL and LE. It is powered by a 260-hp 3.5-liter V6 engine, mated to a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). A darkhorse in the minivan category makes Nissan willing to offer discounts that make it extra affordable.
  • Hybrid: 2011 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Hybrid
    • MSRP: $55,790
    • Invoice: $51,885
    • Average Discount: $6,718
    • National Average Selling Price: $49,072Get a Quote
    The M-Class SUV is the original luxury sport utility in the Mercedes-Benz lineup. Comfortably sized, it seats five with room for plenty of luggage, drives like a sedan, and is a capable off-roader. All five models are equipped with an automatic transmission and electronically managed 4MATIC all-wheel drive. The gasoline version of the ML350 is also available with rear-wheel drive.

Last edited by Space; 02-28-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:45 AM

I'd consider the Ford Ranger. It has proven to be a good truck over the years. Too bad Ford discontinued it.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think its really sad and pathetic that the most american made cars are a toyota and a honda. Thats just a huge contradiction and its quite sad that our american brands are less american than someone from asia....

Old 02-28-2012, 06:18 PM

Oh, and I WON"T drive a 4-door, sorry, personal taboo!!!!;-)

Mike

Old 02-28-2012, 06:36 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Most American cars are made in other countries so they can avoid the unions & the high wages they gotta pay cuz of them

Old 02-28-2012, 06:47 PM

I'll stick with my Monte

Old 02-28-2012, 08:07 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
I'll stick with my Monte
Which was build in Canada

Old 02-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

I will always keep my Monte and I really want my next car to be a new camaro ss2 with the crystal red tint coat paint and flat black striping. Then once I pay it off it goes to hennessey for the 1000hp twin Turbo kit

Old 02-29-2012, 04:04 AM

Hi Member's, & thanks for your posts & comments...
I was surprised by this information on how the auto industry has turned into a Global Automotive manufacturing of cars & parts.

I hope that North America can become #1 again & be more competitive in this market.

Our World & Life are in constant change 4-Sure...EnJoy your Journey's in a Ride that you will EnJoy 4-Sure

Quick Reply: ~>This Car Could Be a Major Mistake