Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

- From `Space 2 MCF -

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 07:50 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default - From `Space 2 MCF -

[align=center][/align][align=center][align=center]Hello Everyone [/align][align=center]My Thoughts, I share, cause I care,[/align][align=center]from `Space[/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Our forum has close to 3500 members, but many of those[/align][align=center]member's just joined the MCF when they had[/align][align=center]a problem with their Monte. Once they obtained[/align][align=center]the information/assistance needed, they depart, only[/align][align=center]to return when another problem presents itself.[/align][align=center]We are family, we help all that have a Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Some member's joined to show `off their Monte's,[/align][align=center]but once the excitement died, they faded away,[/align][align=center]but we hope they return : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]In reality, we only have between 35-45 Active member's.[/align][align=center]that visit and post on the MCF on a weekly basis.[/align][align=center]I hope whoever is reading this becomes a `active member.[/align][align=center]It's really all about `Member's helping Member's.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]
[:-]What is a Forum ? [:-]
An Internet forum is a web application for holding discussions and posting user generated contentby the MCF member's.
Registered members of a forum, who are identified by unique usernames, Like SpaceRider, Bigg `J., Crazy Kid, etc.,may have additional privileges, such as the ability to edit their previous posts, start new topics, and control their individual settings and profiles. The profiles tend to include graphical avatars and signature blocks which are appended to their future posts.Members also have the ability to send personal messages to each other. In certain cases, members have been given the ability to close their own topics, edit previously posted comments, or delete posts in topics they have started.
A forum administrator typically has the ability to edit, delete, move or otherwise modify any thread on the forum. Administrators also usually have the ability to close the board, change major software items, change global skins, modify the board, and ban, delete, or create members. Moderators[b] have a subset of these powers, which may include editing, deleting, and moving threads, mass

Old 12-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Default RE: From `Space : ) The MCF : )

Dear Space,

I must admit that I know I haven't been as active as I used to be. My mind has been in other places for various reasons. This is my vow to be active as I used to be on MCF. I am still a loyal Monte owner and plan to be for a very long time. Thank you for your contributions, Space. May MCF live a long and happy life.

Sincerely,

Dale

Old 12-08-2007, 06:14 PM

good post space. haven't actually known what the rules were. tho most forum rules are common sense (the flaming, insults, etc. etc.)

and i'm not going anywhere. your stuck with me :P

Old 12-08-2007, 06:37 PM

lol u know space i luv ur posts but man that one was long lol i guess some come on just for the problem and leave...they can do that if they want and ill keep on tryin to help, they r the uncle we never c(since we r a net family we know) yet always help out just cuz hes family but they miss out on our fun!

Old 12-09-2007, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center][/align][align=center]Sorry Member's, for the long posts, but I hope it helps[/align][align=center]some members know the rules, and how lucky we[/align][align=center]are to have a great automotive/friendly forum [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below is a previous post, I re-read to help me remember the importance
of proper behavior for `Space. He's always in MCF Detention : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]net·i·quette (nÄ•t'Ä*-kÄ•t', -kÄ*t) n. [/align][align=center]Etiquette practiced or advocated in electronic communication over a computer network forum.[/align][align=center]The most important rule of netiquette is, "Think before posting". If an intended post will not make a positive contribution to theMCF and be of interest to several readers, it should not be posted. Personal messages to one or two individuals should be sent via private message PM, not posted to for everyone. [/align][ul][*][align=center]This rule is sometimes stated in other forms, such as "Remember the other members". [:-][/align][/ul][align=center][:-]
Click below link to continue[/align][align=center][:-]
https://montecarloforum.com/m_38114/tm.htm[/align]

Old 12-09-2007, 06:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That was a GREAT post Space. The reason I keep coming back to this forum is the 30-50 active members we have here, and the Netiquette that the Monte Carlo Forum Family has for each other. There is little or no bashing here, and what little bit is done is ALWAYS in good humor, unlike many other forums around. My wife was very active in a popular Christian forum until awhile ago things got out of control there, and she left because of all the bashing going on.
I was inactive for a while earlier this year, after losing my son, Josh on March 1 of this year. Didn't feel like talking to ANYONE. I have gradually made it back, and the MCF family here has been a comfort for me as a break from the reality of life, and that it is short and only for a brief period of time before we pass on to better things, If we are ...... Well, this isn't the forum for that discussion, but I hope most of you fellow members get my drift.
You have all been a comfort to me thru my grieving times. I will remain an actibe member, as long as is possible.
I will ALWAYS try to help other fellow Monte Carlo owners, and others, even if they only register for a little help. They are family, too. We are ALL brothers and sisters.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:51 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

We're glad to have you Wayne.. and Space, many people don't have the time or the forum just can't be a priority. I'm lucky to be a young, carefree teenager right now... so I have time for the forums

Old 12-09-2007, 09:00 PM

lol well congrats on bein carefree...take advantange, in less that a year i went from bein carefree and debtless to stressful and uh well no details but definitely not debt free....if fact far from it

wayne,

ur wife was on a christian website and they began to bash each other? not much of a christian website imo...kinda odd

Old 12-09-2007, 09:39 PM

y do forums seem highly likely to launch hate attacks any ways. It seems stupid to me to type insults. If i wanna insult someone ill show up at their door and let em have it.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:01 PM

lol ppl r cowards lol thats y

Quick Reply: - From `Space 2 MCF -