Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

`MONTE FAMILY MEMBER's BLOG: Saturday 09-12-09 : )

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Old 09-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

wow, todd that suburban is sweet, you got a fantastic deal on it i dont think i have ever seen one with rocker panels in it, were they a factory option on those or did most people remove them for some reason? LOL. i gotta agree with justin, most of the 80's trucks around here are just wasted. my math teacher lives about a mile from me, she has a '90 she wanted to sell for $2500 with a plow, it was a clone to your truck only it had been lightend probibly 100 lbs courtisy of mother nature & salt, lol.

justin, whats up with the grasshopper? are you thinking about david carradene or what, lol. "wee grasshopper"

Old 09-12-2009, 08:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Todd, NICE 'burban! I agree, not sure I've seen one in YEARS with rockers!!!

AAHHHHH, GLAHS-HOPPA!!

Old 09-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

hmmmm, i was gonna ask if anyone saw the deadmans curve pics i posted, or if they made everyones 'puter bog down, lol.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Todd, that Suburban is in great shape. Got a little ding in the back door. But overall, you just don't see too many of them in such good shape.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

i head cricketa out side and it was slow in here

Old 09-12-2009, 09:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Well, IDK what to say...not such a sucessful day on the Monte at all....my gut told me not to mess with putting that Jet Module in my car, but my right foot said get it...should have went with my gut! My Monte now sits in the driveway undrivable...The Jet Module literally fried my ECM...as soon as I started the car, it sounded awful, and the check engine light was on, along with service traction control soon...so I thought F this, and removed the Jet Module...well, now my car still sounds like poop, and has ZERO power, it seriously feels like its running on 3 cylinders now. The code reader is telling me P0300 which is random misfire...and the exhaust smells like gasoline...I am so sick to my stomach over it, I could puke. I took a perfectly good car, and ruined it with aftermarket crap! Of course Jets tech support is only available Mon thru Friday from 8-5...who works on their car at those times??? So I have to call them, and hope they give me all my money back...then take the Monte to the dealer to get fixed...I put the stock air box back in to just so that the dealer can't try to blaim my CAI for the ecm problem...So i'm going to go in there any say its been acting up for a while, and it just threw the engine light, and hope that my GMPP extended warrenty cover it...Cross your fingers for me! I feel so stupid for even trying the damn Jet Module, I knew better than to try it...if there was power to get, why didnt GM make the car stock with it...because its fine the way it is! I should have left it alone with my CAI and exhaust and just been happy....Damn it!

On a partially good note, I did get the strut tower brace to fit, and it did need TONS of grinding to make the damn thing fit, but it fits now....so its hanging outside drying because I painted it from all the grinding. I will install it after I get the car back from the dealer and its fixed....

I'm going to try and get Jet Performance to not only refund my money for the Module, but also pay for my 200 dollar deductable on my warrenty...thats assuming I can get GM to thing it just died, and its the car fault. Otherwise, God knows what it will cost me to get it running right again...

Old 09-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

seriously michael that f-ing blows wtf dude, more freaking issues for you! michael i hope it gets covered for your sake.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Thanks Chris! I know. WTF all I was doing was a simple mod that TONS of people do, and I am assumng tons of people have success with, at least they don't ruin their cars. Geeerrrr! Oh well, what you going to do!

Old 09-12-2009, 10:07 PM

Mamonte sorry for the bad luck...sounds like a wierd issue...did you try to disconnect your battery for a bit...try overnite then reconnect it and see what happens...maybe you;ll get lucky..the car show was rained out : / blah now im at work for 8 hours then im going to east coast koas which is an indoor car show in scranton pa with the silver monte...haha and i will have pics

Quick Reply: `MONTE FAMILY MEMBER's BLOG: Saturday 09-12-09 : )