Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The `Boss is Back : )

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 08:55 AM

Black and red wheels? ...

Performance wise and bodystyle that car has it all.
Me wants!

I have the Original Boss.... Dale.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ford is hitting one out of the park with the new mustang, lighter and faster then both the camaro and challenger...If I was a ford fan, I'd be looking into a new Saleen (SRS) Stang right about now...but no Fords for me...

Joe

Old 08-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Default the boss

....You have to give it to the Blue Oval squad. They nearly killed the Mustang but have brought it back and now GM and Chrysler
are going to have to answer the challenge again.

I still think that the new Dodge Challenger is the best looking new "Muscle Car" on the road today..........

Old 08-15-2010, 05:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Challenger does look the best, and most retro, but it's heavy, really heavy which is bad for turns and slows the car down....

I think Chrysler is answering by putting more power, next Srt series is rumored to have 450-500HP

GM is answering by moving the Camaro to the Alpha platform in the next few years which is said to shed a lot of weight...only time will tell, but for now the Mustang is out in front

Joe

Old 08-16-2010, 04:59 AM

Let the Competition Continue
Every Consumer Benefit's 4-Sure

Ford Mustang Boss 302 First Look

"The new Ford Mustang Boss 302 completely redefines Mustang capability," said Mark Fields, Ford president of The Americas. "That the Mustang team was able to take the current Mustang GT - already a world-class performance car - and refine it further for peak track performance shows the commitment Ford has to this car and its legions of fans."

Driving the 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 was intended from the outset to be a visceral experience, packed with raw, unbridled performance across the spectrum: Acceleration, handling, braking, and top speed are all equally matched for perfect balance on a car operating within the framework of legally defined safety, noise and emissions regulations.

"The team at Ford wanted to offer their fellow Mustang enthusiasts something really special - a beautifully balanced factory-built race car that they could drive on the street," explains Dave Pericak, Mustang chief engineer. "The Ford Mustang Boss 302 isn't something a Mustang GT owner can buy all the parts for out of a catalog or that a tuner can get by adding a chip. This is a front-to-back re-engineered Mustang with every system designed to make a good driver great and a great driver even better."

Led by Mike Harrison, the V8 engine team approached Boss from the top down: With 412 horsepower from 5.0 liters, the 2011 GT engine was already an incredible performer. But to achieve the high-rpm horsepower that would make the engine competitive on the track, a new intake was essential. The resulting runners-in-the-box plenum/velocity stack combination the engine team developed was impressive enough that it got the green light after one short drive.

Helping the intake build power, revised camshafts using a more aggressive grind are actuated with the same twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) mechanism used on the Mustang GT. More aggressive control calibration yields 440 horsepower and 380 lb.-ft. of torque, while still offering a smooth idle and low-end torque for comfortable around-town driving.

A race-inspired clutch with upgraded friction materials transmits power, while a short-throw, close-ratio six-speed manual transmission handles gear change duties.

Power is delivered to a 3.73 ratio rear axle using carbon fiber plates in the limited-slip differential to improve torque handling and longevity. For those who want even more precise control over power delivery, a torque-sensing (Torsen) limited-slip differential is an available option coupled with Recaro front seats.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:54 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't know, I'm the resident Ford guy and I think this new Mustang is kind of ugly!! Look at those taillights, it looks like it has it's *** sticking up in the air!!!!!

I do like that C-Stripe design look from the 60's, and it looks good from the front, but that back in needs some work!!

Old 08-16-2010, 07:15 AM

Wow so where do I sign?

Old 08-16-2010, 08:14 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I like the last pic you posted of the red and black one Space - now that's what a modern Boss should look like. Too bad they stopped making Grabber Orange.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:00 AM

Thank You Member's for not flaming or thrashing
the different makes or models posted on our forum.
I believe that the majority of our member's
appreciate many different makes, and models in all
the years produced.
I've visited BeachBum `Mike Ricer Forum & it's
like how many bad words you can make in a post LOL
__________________________________________________ _______

Hi `Amy, I did not find a hugger orange, but found this one:

&

Like their `Blue 2
&

Nice One : )

Don't want 2 C this one behind me with the lights on
4-Sure
- the `End -

Old 08-16-2010, 09:25 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Ya Space - I think Ford dropped that color a couple of years ago. Too bad. I know they made special edition Parnelli Jones Boss 302's in 2007

Quick Reply: The `Boss is Back : )