Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

= M/T Coupe Reviews =

Old 03-14-2014, 06:12 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool = M/T Coupe Reviews =

Coupe Reviews * Free 2 `Dream
Read our latest car reviews and ratings for new Coupe vehicles. Motor Trend's Coupe experts conduct road tests to evaluate performance.

Recently Featured

McLaren P1: How I Set The Motor Trend Production-Car Record9.8 sec @ 148.9 mph: The World's Quickest Production Car Read More

2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S First TestPushing the Limits in Porsche's Quickest-Ever 911 Read More
\

Additional Coupe Reviews

2014 BMW M235i First TestThe Name May Be Clumsy; the Way It Drives Is Anything But Read More
See More Photos | Get a Price Quote
2014 Bentley Continental GT V8 S First DriveFreshening the Short Attention Span GT Read More
See More Photos | Get a Price Quote2015 McLaren 650S Coupe First LookThe Rivalry Continues Read More
See More Photos | Get a Price Quote2015 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe First LookCL Later CL-Class Read More
See More Photos | Get a Price Quote2013 Mini Cooper S Coupe Long-Term Update 2The Startup Sequence Read More
See More Photos | Get a Price Quote2014 Audi RS 5 vs. 2014 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG 507 Edition ComparisonAll Eight Up: With 957 Horsepower Between 'Em, These Teutonic Foes Battle for V-8 Supremacy Read More
See More Photos | Get a Price Quote2014 Mini Cooper First DriveMore Mature Coupe Will Please Everyone, Including Enthusiasts Read More
See More Photos | Get a Price Quote2015 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S vs. 2014 Jaguar XKR-S GT ComparisonGreat Britons: The Queen's Fastest Super-Coupes Duke it Out Read More
See More Photos | Get a Price Quote2013 Subaru BRZ Limited VerdictThe BRZ raises the bar in its segment Read More
See More Photos | Get a Price Quote2014 BMW M235i First DriveHot 2 Series Version is a Fast, Solid Hunk of FunRead More
See More Photos | Get a Price Quote1993 Nissan 240SX Project Long-Term Update 1Entry 2: S13 101 Read More
See More Photos | Get a Price Quote2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe First LookThe Lightweight Heavy-Hitter Read More
See More Photos | Get a Price Quote2014 Porsche 911 Targa First LookNew 911 Targa Marks a Return to Form Read More
See More Photos | Get a Price Quote
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Last edited by Space; 03-14-2014 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:21 AM
Cool So many Choices `if U have the $'s 4-$ure

We have so many choices `if we have the $'s....
Working hard & giving `up to get our dream `ride.
Which one's of the below coupes do you like ? Want ? Dream of ?

First Look: 2015 Jaguar F-Type Coupe

It’s Showtime for the 550-HP Baby Jag

By Erick Ayapana |

See All 27 Photos

Among the many rumors surrounding the 2015 Jaguar F-Type coupe prior to its debut was that it would be more expensive than the convertible and that the 550-hp supercharged V-8 from the XKR S would be available under the hood. We’re happy to report the former is false, while the latter is very true.Auto Show Event Update: Jaguar unveiled the new 2015 F-Type Coupe prior to its public debut at the 2013 Los Angeles auto show. The event was held in a large movie studio in West Los Angeles, providing plenty of space for the coupe's dramatic Hollywood-style entrance. With about two football fields worth of tarmac at its disposal, an F-Type R coupe drove toward the crowd at wide open throttle, proving that its supercharged 550-hp V-8 sounds just as good as its top-down sibling. As for the styling, the coupe looks just as athletic, if not more so than the convertible. The coupe's wide, creased haunches are perhaps its best feature, while the roofline slopes nicely to the edge of the rear trunk deck. Overall, the new coupe is looks just as stunning as the C-X16 concept Jaguar showed off a few years ago. -- Erick Ayapana
That’s right. Following the F-Type coupe’s worldwide debut at the 2013 Los Angeles auto show, it will arrive in dealerships with a base price of $65,895, which is $4000 cheaper than the top-down equivalent powered by the 340-hp 3.0-liter supercharged V-6. The F-Type S Coupe with the higher-output 380-hp blown-six will carry a starting price of at $77,895. The big news, however, is the F-Type R Coupe. At $99,895, the R Coupe gets a 5.0-liter supercharged V-8 rated at 550-hp and 502 lb-ft of torque. All engines are mated to an eight-speed automatic, though the R Coupe gets its own special calibration.Jaguar says the R Coupe will run from 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds, which is very conservative when you consider the lesser powered F-Type V8 S convertible (488-hp) accelerated to 60 mph in a mere 3.9 seconds. We’ll also assume the R Coupe is lighter than the convertible, which tipped the scale at 3965 pounds. The supercharged six-cylinders are also far from slouches, with estimated 0-60 mph times of 5.1 and 4.8 seconds, respectively.
Jaguar is introducing a few new performance goodies with the R Coupe. First is a next-generation Electronic Active Differential that features an improved and more responsive controller. The coupe will also come with a torque vectoring system that relies on the ABS to applying light braking force to the inside wheel during cornering. Speaking of brakes, all F-Type coupe models are available with Carbon Ceramic Matrix brakes, which Jaguar says zaps away a total of 46 pounds of unsprung-weight (20-inch forged rims are also included in the brake package). The 2015 F-Type R Coupe will also get unique tuning for its Adaptive Dynamics system and springs rates, which are higher than the V8 S convertible.Like the F-Type V8 S Convertible, the R Coupe will be fitted with an Active Sports Exhaust system, which can go from loud to very loud thanks to electronically controlled bypass valves tweaked with the push of a button. The R Coupe will feature quad exhaust tips, while the V-6 models are distinguishable by their center-mounted dual exhaust tips.If you were a fan of the C-X16 concept coupe that inspired the 2015 F-Type coupe, then you should be very pleased with the final product. It’s almost impossible to decide if the convertible or coupe is the better looker, though the coupe provides the benefit of added structural rigidity. Like the convertible, the coupe features aluminum construction. An aluminum alloy beam runs from the A-pillar to the D-pillar for added rigidity and allows the absence of a B-pillar. The sloping roofline blends simply to the edge of the rear hatch, which is made from lightweight composite material and also houses the power-retractable spoiler. Another benefit of the coupe is its trunk capacity of 11 cubic feet, which is four more than the convertible. Those wishing for more sunlight can opt for the optional panoramic glass roof.
  • Coupe BASE PRICE $65,895-$99,895
  • LAYOUT Front-engine, RWD, 2-pass, 2-door coupe ENGINE 3.0L/340-hp/332-lb-ft supercharged DOHC 24-valve V-6; 3.0L/380-hp/339-lb-ft supercharged DOHC 24-valve V-6; 5.0L/550-hp/502-lb-ft supercharged DOHC 32-valve V-8
  • TRANSMISSION 8-speed auto 0-60 MPH 3.8-5.0 sec (est)

Last edited by Space; 03-14-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:58 AM
Question >Decisions > Dreams > Decisions > $'s > WoW

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Performance Data Recorder Quick Drive < dare 2 click
One Step Closer to "Racecar for the Street" (W/Video) Read More

2014 SRT Viper TA Track Drive <double dare 2 click (lol)
Taming a 640-HP Super Serpent Read More

See More Photos |

Old 03-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Smile >I like it > do U ? <

First Test: 2014 BMW M235i

The Name May Be Clumsy; the Way It Drives Is Anything But

By Carlos Lago | Photos By Michael Shaffer | March 07, 2014 |
  • Concept
  • First Look
  • First Drive
  • First Test
  • Comparison
  • One Year
See All 18 Photos

Research This Vehicle:

Someone in my neighborhood has a 1 Series M. It's hard to miss, with its wide fenders and quad exhaust pipes. It's orange, too, as if to further point out that there are just 739 like it in the U.S. and you don't have one. Whenever I see a 1 Series M, I think of this car's owner with no shortage of jealousy. Or, at least, I used to, because now there's the BMW M235i.You might not expect this to be the case. The M235i name, aside from being about as clumsy as that of the orange 1M, sounds dubious. The M division had little to do with its creation -- never mind what the 16 M badges adorning the car imply. The 3.0-liter turbo I-6 is the engine we know from the 3 and 4 Series (though it's rated 20 hp higher here), as is the eight-speed automatic. It only has two exhaust pipes, and it comes with an open differential (a limited-slip diff is optional, but pricing hasn't been announced yet). Further, it's bigger than the 1M and 155 pounds heavier by our scales. And though its Michelin Pilot Super Sports are newer, they're smaller than the 1M's Pilot Sport PS2's (225/40ZR18 88Y front, 245/35ZR18 92Y rear versus 245/35ZR19 93Y front, 265/35ZR19 rear).
The M badges remain curious, then. Few remember the precedent set by the 1985 M535i, but many know That Guy with the badges plastered all over his 3 Series. Guess which one you'll initially feel like in the M235i."Initially" is the key word, because the more I drove the M235i, the more it reminded me of that orange 1M, and the more the jealousy started to disappear. Consider the performance data. The 1M was a party-sized M3, putting down the same numbers as its V-8 big brother. But despite the M235i's perceived shortcomings, it's right on the pace of those two. At 4.4 seconds to 60 mph and 13.0 seconds to the quarter mile (fastest run performed without launch control), the M235i is just 0.2 second behind the 1M. Braking performance is improved too, with a best stop of 103 feet from 60 mph (better by 2 feet). Most interesting, the M235i's 0.97 g skidpad average and 24.9-second figure-eight lap time is off the 1M's pace by just 0.01 average g and 0.1 second, respectively. The M235i could be faster, too. Our test car didn't have that optional locking diff, and, as a result, had difficulty on corner exit in the figure eight. While track-minded M235i adopters should consider the differential, the open-diff configuration works well on the road. Set stability control to its intermediate setting, called Traction Mode, and the brakes intervene with the spinning wheel, keeping it in line. You can carry good amounts of throttle through corners, and the car seldom needs steering corrections on exit. A touch of looseness makes the rear feel lively, but you quickly learn to trust and enjoy it. Sticky Super Sport tires afford high entry and mid-corner speeds, and understeer is nonexistent. The straight-six offers a broad, lag-free powerband, with a strong midrange that transitions to a pleasingly urgent pull as you near the 7000 rpm redline. And that automatic's ratio spread keeps the engine working right in the sweet spot; you might guess the tach changes only by 500 rpm during two-three and three-four upshifts. In Sport and Sport+ modes, downshifts are quick and become more aggressive the harder you get on the brakes, but they don't lose the smoothness you notice while driving normally around town.The M235i is one of the best-driving BMWs in recent memory, on par with the 1M and the last-generation M3 not only in performance standards, but also in how much it makes you smile. Even more tantalizing, a stickier and more powerful M2 is surely in development. But for now, the M235i's non-limited production numbers mean you too can have one. You no longer have to be jealous of orange 1Ms running around your neighborhood. Considering how much better the M235i looks, it might even go the other way around.
2014 BMW M235i BASE PRICE $44,025 PRICE AS TESTED $46,025 VEHICLE LAYOUT Front-engine, RWD, 4-pass, 2-door coupe ENGINE 3.0L/320-hp/330-lb-ft turbo DOHC 24-valve I-6 TRANSMISSION 8-speed automatic CURB WEIGHT (F/R DIST) 3494 lb (53/47%) WHEELBASE 105.9 in LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT 174.5 x 69.8 x 55.8 in 0-60 MPH 4.4 sec QUARTER MILE 13.0 sec @ 106.6 mph BRAKING, 60-0 MPH 103 ft LATERAL ACCELERATION 0.97 g (avg) MT FIGURE EIGHT 24.9 sec @ 0.78 g (avg) EPA CITY/HWY/COMB FUEL ECON 22/32/25 mpg ENERGY CONS., CITY/HWY 153/105 kW-hrs/100 miles CO2 EMISSIONS 0.76 lb/mile

Read more: 2014 BMW M235i First Test - Motor Trend

Old 03-16-2014, 09:42 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I saw the M235i in person and I think I still like the look of the 4 series better. It does have the same powertrain and same horsepower as the 4 series and it's a little less money but the stance isn't as sleek.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:54 AM

Hi `Amy & thanks for being the first to post. I like the BMW's & the new ones I'll have to see in person. Several of the seniors I know only buy BMW's & they love them. I also like'em 4-Sure.

For the $'s, I am starting to really like the future 2015 Mustang. Their new design is growing on me & it's sure a lot less then a Bimmer (LOL 4-Sure)...Look 4ward to test driving the new Mustangs.

Last edited by Space; 03-16-2014 at 09:56 AM.