Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

= Good Used Cars Gaining Value =

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile = Good Used Cars Gaining Value =

Hi Member's, Your used Monte Carlo should be increasing in value ? Check the below article.....I think vehicles that get good MPG's are going to increase in value 4-Sure...What do you think ?

Used Cars Gaining Value

<SMALL>February 13, 2012 by Tom Wilson from Road & Track</SMALL>

If you’re thinking of buying a used rather than a new car, you aren’t alone. Thanks to a lazy economy the market for good used cars is as strong as ever says the National Auto Dealers Association. Having just commissioned a study on the used car market, NADA concludes marketable used cars should gain almost three percent in value in 2012.
Compounding the pressure put on the market by the large numbers of buyers is a relative lack of used cars to sell. When the economy tanked in 2008 new car sales drove over a cliff and haven’t fully rebounded, leaving a gap in the used car ranks. Furthermore, people are hanging onto their cars longer, further lowering the pool of the highly desirable three- and two-year old used cars.
The expected rise in 2012 prices comes after a three percent rise in 2011.
For 2012 how much a used car holds its value is going to depend largely on its fuel economy says NADA. They predict the average small or mid-size used car will gain 2.7 in price this year, while thirstier trucks and SUVs are expected to rise just 1.4 percent.
Demand for higher fuel economy might prove something of a wheel chock to some used car sellers, especially older models. The average age of the vehicles on U.S. roads today is an unprecedented 11 years, but 11 years ago gas prices were well under $2.00 per gallon and a disproportionate number of trucks and large SUVs were sold. Thus, the bad news is owners of such vehicles won’t be getting as much for them as trade-ins or on the open market. The good news is once these older cars are off the road the nationwide fuel consumption should ratchet a notch downward. Still, we aren’t expecting gas prices to reflect any such lowering of regional demand—not when China and India are busy filling a burgeoning demand for autos.
All told, five year old or newer mid-sized sedans should average $11,850 in 2012. Meanwhile, actual sale prices of new cars are averaging a little over $30,000, so the used cars are still a substantial bargain.
=========================================
Member's, post your thoughts....
I still believe that the Chevy Monte Carlo is one of the best bangs 4 your $'s...,& they get decent MPG's if you don't abuse them...

Last edited by Space; 07-07-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My BudChev has really appreciated in value. That's because if you want to buy my BudChev it will cost you a million dollars. I won't sell it for any less, which is substantially more then I paid for it. No one else is in a position to appraise it because only I can choose to sell it and for what price. And I want a $1,000,000 for it. And that price may go up, so act fast if you want to buy it!

Old 03-04-2012, 08:32 AM

Hi `Brent,
Please print out the below & ship your Bud Monte 2 `Space

or drive it 2 space...
p.s. I asked b-4 but you missed my post (?) How's your Volvo...Is it holding `up ? Do you like it ? Would you buy another one ? I can't wait for you Bud ~*
That would `be Smok'in 4 Sure 2 have your `Bud
Oh `if you want another Million, just print it OK...I'll be sitt'in here wait'in ~> LOL

Old 03-04-2012, 08:52 AM

15 Year Member

My printer is broken (true story - I'm POed)! And I can't afford a new one cuz of the Volvo payments (also true story!)

I did reply about the Volvo in the other thread. I can't remember what thread...

Old 03-04-2012, 08:56 AM

15 Year Member

found it...

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
That v70 sounds like the BlackPearl. Our Volvo has been dubbed the BlackPearl and I sprung for the vanity plates "BLAQPERL" as a gift to the wife over the holidays. Its her car, more or less. I just own it, but I like it a fair bit. She probably blows more money on it then I do the BudChev, but she's got some neat freebies working at the Volvo dealership. I still think Volvo sucks because they do so little to contribute to our economy. No motorsports, little advertising or endorsements. Just take the checks and send 'em back to Sweden
One of those freebies were free winter tires on rims and they were probably worth $1000 alone. But I'm waiting until we pull the nice wheels out of storage to do a full photo shoot. I'll work the BudChev in there

Last edited by JuniorCar; 03-04-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:58 AM

Thanks `Brent 4 your reply, I shall go do a space search for your Volvo Post/reply...Sorry that U R PO'ed, but it's better then the alternative LOL...I'll still be sitting here waiting 4 you `Bud....when U get your printer repaired...

Wish you a Good Day & EnJoy the Race 4-Sure...I will have to go & check 2 see who you picked 2 win 2day...EnJoy
======================================
p.s. edit ~> I found it, thanks `Brent..~>https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...-2012-a-34616/

Last edited by Space; 03-04-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:42 AM

I've heard this a lot latley, about more people choosing used over new now which is driving up the prices of used cars. I think its good because then when I sell my truck or something ya know used then it will be worth more but at the same time trying to find a good deal on a car or truck is getting impossible now because the average price of used cars/trucks has gone up. Other trucks in the same shape with slightly more miles (about 11k more) were for sale for 13k-15k same exact package etc. The bank said even with 65k they would only loan me 9k for a truck this old.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
found it...

One of those freebies were free winter tires on rims and they were probably worth $1000 alone. But I'm waiting until we pull the nice wheels out of storage to do a full photo shoot. I'll work the BudChev in there
That's a nice deal. I would like to work somewhere that would benefit my car.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:37 AM

Same happened to me also.i also heard like that very late.But before that i have bought one.But now that car having the same price as that of a used car. I feel very sad. But again if i am changing this one i will never buy new . I will try to buy a used car from trustworthy car dealership company.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:14 PM

i remember car shopping at age 16 (about 6 years ago) and cars were a lot cheaper. a car like mine was around $8.000 around here. by the time i was ready to by one, it was $10.000

months ago (i dont remember exactly how long. k?) i got a letter from the Chevrolet dealer down the street. it basically said that people were buying used these day, but GOOD used cars were hard to come by.

they wanted me to come down and get a full appraisal to determine how much my car is worth. and they would "pay top dollar" and offered to give me a good deal on a new chevrolet. complete with "little or no money down" and a "low APR"

i guess they gave it a lookover when i had the ignition switch replaced last summer.

i guess people are figuring out that buying used isnt a big deal. a properly serviced vehicle will last you forever. and just because a car is new doesnt mean its dependable. my moms first car was a 1980 V6 firebird. brand new. it would go dead in the road for no reason. my used Monte hasnt done that once :p *knock on wood*

by the way... i chuckled on the way to the trash can with THAT letter.

Quick Reply: = Good Used Cars Gaining Value =