Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

= BEACH TRIP/ROAD RAGE & SPACE =

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 06:33 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: = BEACH TRIP/ROAD RAGE & SPACE =

Space,

I heard on the radio today for a low down $20 million you too can ride in the shuttle as it orbits the earth.

JUST............. $20 million.

What a great deal. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 07-16-2007, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: rj

Space,

I heard on the radio today for a low down $20 million you too can ride in the shuttle as it orbits the earth.

JUST............. $20 million.

What a great deal. [sm=smiley20.gif]
R.J., will you buy me a ticket, so I can go back home
Thank You very much,
`Space

Old 07-21-2007, 07:21 AM

[align=center] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Beautiful Day to Drive your Monte Carlo to the `Beach[/align][align=center]Share the beauty with all [/align][align=center][8D]EnJoy your `Journey[/align][align=center]~ Peace ~[/align]

Old 07-29-2007, 06:37 AM

[align=center]Take a Beach `Drive[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]..EnJoy your `Journey..[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 08-04-2007, 04:11 AM

[align=center]

Delta 2 launch set back a day
BLAST `Off ToDay August 4,07

Weather delays fuel operation for Mars lander

BY TODD HALVORSON
FLORIDA TODAY

Enlarge this image

New launch. The Phoenix Mars Lander is set for launch Saturday morning from Complex 17A at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. NASA

CAPE CANAVERAL - NASA aims to launch its Phoenix Mars Lander on Saturday because thunderstorms that swept into the Cape Canaveral area Tuesday delayed a critical fuel-
loading operation.

There is a back-up launch opportunity Sunday, but after that, NASA would have to decide whether to postpone either the time-critical Mars mission or the scheduled launch next Tuesday of shuttle Endeavour.
"They'll cross that bridge when and if they get to it," said George Diller, a spokesman for NASA's Kennedy Space Center.
The Mars mission now is set to blast off during one of two single-second launch windows: 31 seconds after 5:24 a.m. Saturday or 55 seconds after 6:02 a.m. Liftoff is precisely timed to put the spacecraft on course for a circuitous, 423-million-mile journey to Mars. Landing in the northern polar region of the planet is scheduled May 25.
A United Launch Alliance Delta 2 rocket is to loft the Phoenix Mars Lander from Complex 17A at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
The $420 million mission must be launched by Aug. 24. After that, it would have to be delayed two years until the planets once again are aligned properly for the spacecraft to complete the trip.
NASA had planned to make a launch attempt Friday, but afternoon thunderstorms and lightning delayed the loading of hazardous propellants into the second stage of the 13-story rocket. The fuel-loading operation is scheduled to be completed early today.
Endeavour and a crew of seven astronauts remain scheduled to launch at 7:02 p.m. Tuesday on an International Space Station assembly mission.
There would be no opportunity to launch the Phoenix spacecraft on Monday because it takes 24 to 48 hours for the Air Force to reconfigure its tracking and range safety systems for launches of different vehicles.
The Air Force provides tracking, range safety, weather forecasting and other services for all launches from KSC and the Cape Canaveral air base.
[/align]

Old 08-07-2007, 04:43 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

Launch Target:
Aug. 8, 2007
6:36 p.m. EDT

Orbiter:
Endeavour
Mission Number:
STS-118
(119th space shuttle flight)
Launch Window:
10 minutes
Launch Pad:
39A
Mission Duration:
11 days
Landing Site:
KSC
Inclination/Altitude:
51.6 degrees/122 nautical miles
Primary Payload:
22nd station flight (13A.1), S5 Truss

+ STS-118 Press Kit (PDF 10.3 Mb)
+ Mission Archives[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click on below link [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/shuttlemissions/sts118/index.html[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think the MCF should send Space, back 2 Space;-)
[/align][/align]

Old 08-08-2007, 11:42 AM

Road Rage and Aggressive Driving
Find out the states where it's worst and best to drive
By CRAIG HOWIE, AOL AUTOS
Do you live in one of the nation's worst cities for road rage? If you live in a major metropolitan area on either coast, chances are you do. If you live in the Midwest or far north, odds are that you don't. Miami ranks as the worst city for most aggressive drivers for the second straight year in a nationwide study of driver habits released earlier this year, followed by New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. But if road rage is a "cultural phenomenon" as one of our experts suggests, how best do we go about combating driver frustration across the nation?

Traffic Blackspots
The nation's roads are peppered with traffic blackspots, junctions where car snarls elicit road rage in even the most mild-mannered of drivers. Southern California has the San Diego (I-405) Freeway, and the nation's busiest junction, where U.S. 101 meets it to the north of L.A. Miami and the east has the I-95, which snakes from the world's busiest cruise port up the east coast, while D.C. and inside the Beltway is extraordinary for its capacity to gridlock. I've spent three very nervous hours getting to Chicago's O'Hare from the city center (before missing my flight). Traffic by definition is worst in major metropolitan areas -- if your farming community is gridlocked, you'd better be grousing at your local council meetings -- but it is the increase in traffic that leads many to suggest it's just going to get worse. Traffic levels are rising seemingly as fast as home foreclosures in L.A. and Miami.

Least Courteous Cities
2007 2006

1. Miami
1. Miami

2. New York
2. Phoenix

3. Boston
3. New York

4. Los Angeles
4. Los Angeles

5. Washington D.C
5. Boston [/align]Data as ranked by Autovantage after a nationwide survey.

Most Courteous Cities

2007 2006
[:-]
1. Portland Ore.
1. Minneapolis

2. Pittsburgh
2. Nashville

3. Seattle/Tacoma
3. St. Louis

4. St. Louis
4. Seattle

5. Dallas/Ft. Worth
5. Atlanta [/align]Data as ranked by Autovantage after a nationwide survey.
[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]And in these areas, it's not only the rise in number of drivers, but the rising age of drivers -- the AAA points out that seniors are the fastest growing demographic in the U.S. population, which suggests that drivers should adjust their habits accordingly. The AAA has launched its Lifelong Safe Mobility campaign to help seniors adjust to more crowded roads and perhaps more aggressive drivers.

The Facts and Remedy
When the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety studied more than 10,000 incidents of road rage and violent aggressive driving committed in the 1990s, it found that at least 218 people were killed and another 12,610 injured when drivers got angry. Many of these aggressors are males aged 18 to 26. The AAA website offers a three-step package to avoid being the victim of aggressive driving: The first step is "don't offend," which includes cutting off other drivers, driving slowly in the left lane, tailgating and gesturing to other drivers. The agency then warns to "not engage," which includes steering clear of trouble, not making eye contact and getting help, by calling 911 for example, in the event of experiencing dangerous, aggressive driving. It then asks at-risk drivers to "adjust their attitude," which involves "forgetting winning" (for the drivers to whom driving is a Darwinian survival of the fittest), or putting yourself in the other's driver's shoes. Finally, they recommend that, if you think you have a road rage problem, to seek professional help.

[center][b]Other People's Actions
So the wife and I were looking for s

Old 08-08-2007, 03:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Space,

I am so happy to see how much you love the Space program. We are both fortunate to live in "Space" states like California and Florida. So are the people in Texas.

When I was young, all I wanted to be was an astronaut. I hope the program continues. I am more than happy for my taxes that go towards Space Exploration.

Peace---Out
GPD

Old 08-10-2007, 07:32 AM

[align=center]NASA Satellite Photos - Live Satellite Photos from Space
Images courtesy of Earth Sciences and Image Analysis Laboratory NASA J
[/align][align=center]ohnson Space Center[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click below to enter `Space[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.symivisitor.com/satellite.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Stop it `Space [/align]

Old 08-20-2007, 04:51 PM

The Space Shuttle Returns tomorrow
August 21, 07
I wish them all a safe return.
Yes, there are humans invading `Space : )
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hey up there, Good Luck[/align]

Quick Reply: = BEACH TRIP/ROAD RAGE & SPACE =