Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

= = RED LINE-YOUR MONTE = =

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default = = RED LINE-YOUR MONTE = =

[align=center][/size][/align][align=center][size=5]What percentage %;Do you go full throttle[/color][/align][align=center]Run it to ~> `````REDLINE ?[/align][align=center]In your Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]just first/low gear only ?[/align][align=center][color=#000000]or[/align][align=center]low, 2nd, 3rd or4th Gear Top End ?[/align][align=center]Have you push it to red line in all gears ?[/align][align=center]Please post what you do : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center](Pedal to the Metal - Floor `it - Kick it Down -[/align][align=center]Jump on the Gas - Get On `it - Blow the[/align][align=center]Carbon `off the valves -etc - post yours words : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]__________________________________________________ ______________________[/align][align=right][/align][align=right]__________________________________________________ _______________________
[/align]

Old 09-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Default RE: = = FULL THROTTLE = = ? ?

[align=center][/align][align=center]My grandfather calls it[/align][align=center]= =Kick'in it down = =[/align][align=center]When he was teaching me to drive a few[/align][align=center]years ago, he would always say[/align][align=center]"Space, Kick itDown" [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][8D]I always listen to my grandfather, or wished that I would've : )[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 09-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I've only done it two or three times in the three weeks I've owned the car.
Mainly because there's not enough clear highway space around here. The few highways we got here, are overcrowded with transport trucks and cops (radar detectors are illegal in Canada). And flooring it in the city is not an option. Too dangerous!

The other reason is that gas is $1.00 to $1.20 per litre. I can't remember the conversion too well, but it's over $4.00 per gallon.

As kind of a side note:

I know the supercharged SS models call for premium gas only, but how many people here actually use premium gas? Even if your Monte doesn't call for premium.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:46 PM

If you mean taking off from a stop light or gettin ginto traffic on the highway. yea.. about half the time.. but not if you're talking about top speed.. I don't need that ticket.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:58 PM

I go full throttle for a qtr. mile every time I drive my car! It's a must for me. Gotta feel thatBowtie power! I cruise itin town....crackin the throttle just enough to spook folks a lil...hehe..but on the outskirtsI will stop in the highway or on a few choice straight areas and let 'er rip! Sometimes a nice burnout with the e/t streets too.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:28 AM

[align=center]`Scott, - Full-Monte-, I envy you..., Having that power/sound/smoke/speed [/align][align=center]Please - Please make a video/with/sound [/align][align=center]and share it with the MCF Members.[/align][align=center]Kick it down 4 us [/align][align=center]Thanks 4 `Sharing[/align][align=center]WoW [:-]WoW[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 09-02-2007, 09:18 AM

i get in to mine once in a while but for the most part nothing to hard as there is way to much traffic here.

When i was in Germany, well that is a diffrent story it was legal for me to hammer down on it for as long as i wanted to in some areas. others ahd a speed limit and i had to watch those but hey it was all fun no matter what speed the monte is just a fun car to drive.

But here in TX. i dont get in to it to much thanks to way to many cops having nothign better to do then to find speeders. And i have already had one ticket here in a big truck for 66 in a 55 and it cost me 300.00 pluse cort cost. So i really dont need any more safty awards here.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:10 PM

I can't help but lay on it in 1st and second.... But second is just way too tall for me....

I'd like to have nitrous for 2nd... after 3500 RPM it'd be another kick in the *** it would help so much.

Oh, and I use Premium 91 or above at least 90% of the time. Whenever I can find it and it's not ridicuously prices.... some places like to think it makes sense to run 2.90 for 89 ethanol and 3.25$ for premium aroud here, just fkkn ridiculous

Old 09-02-2007, 06:19 PM

all or nothing at all

Old 09-02-2007, 06:23 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

every now and then... if their is a ton of traffic and i need to get out on the road, i gun it some but only enough to stay out of the way. maybe a couple times a month i decide to really gun it and go.

Quick Reply: = = RED LINE-YOUR MONTE = =