Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

= = Camaro Z/28 Takes On a Porsche 997 GT3 RS = =

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 06:56 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up = = Camaro Z/28 Takes On a Porsche 997 GT3 RS = =

Watch the Camaro Z/28 Take On a Porsche 997 GT3 RS

Posted on 05 December 2014 by Nicole Wakelin

This match-up pits the US against the Germans with two cars that are perfect for track day driving. It all starts with a Camaro Z/28 with a manual transmission, so naturally its opponent had to be similarly equipped. That meant bringing the Porsche 997 GT3 RS to the challenge for a very wet series of laps.
It’s a little hard to imagine pairing up the big, beefy Camaro with the smaller, lighter Porsche, but the two end up meeting in the middle. The Camaro Z28 shows up with a 505-horsepower 7.0-liter V8, minimalist interior, and carbon ceramic brakes that make it a perfectly street legal track car.
RELATED: See the 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup

The Porsche comes with just 444 horsepower which makes it the loser on paper, but this isn’t paper. This is a very wet track in Wales where Chris Harris puts both cars through their paces. The drives are entirely different, with the Camaro feeling, looking, and driving like the big car it is, but in no way disappointing Harris.
The Porsche, one of his perennial favorites, gets plenty of smiles while he’s behind the wheel. He clearly loves the car, but he walks away very impressed with the big American Camaro. Except for the seats, which are apparently designed for a larger driver’s behind.
RELATED: See the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Hi Member's,
If you have the time to watch the below (?) It's worth a click.
This driver runs the snog out of both cars on a wet track.
I would love to `be a test driver & try it 4-Sure.
Click below to EnJoy > Oh, Buckle `Up & Hold On

Last edited by Space; 12-06-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Talking = Bonus > Just 4 U =

2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 Dyno Shows 585 HP At The Wheels

Click above
The team at Vengeance Racing just celebrated their purchase of a new 2015 Corvette Z06 with a massive burnout, on video, and they’ve also already strapped it to the dyno to see what its baseline numbers are. They’re impressive.
MotorAuthority

2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 Owner Does Massive Burnout Minutes After Delivery: Video

Click above
It’s probably not quite correct to call someone who just plunked down something likely north of $80,000 for a new Z06 “lucky,” but that’s sure how it looks from where we’re sitting. This owner at least returns that luck with the favor of a massive burnout right after delivery.

MotorAuthority

Old 12-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Old 12-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Pretty cool video's Space

I never really thought of putting the Porsche and the Camaro's in the same league before as the Porsche are always portrayed as "supercars" and Camaro's are more real world sports car's, just my opinion and not knocking Camaro's in any way just saying they are more obtainable to the average person and if you do own one you can actually afford the parts to maintain the vehicle, where Porsche's are generally more expensive to purchase, own and maintain so for a lot of people they are just out of reach.

The guy with the Corvette obviously has just too much money if he can do that, but I am jealous cause I don't have a car like that so my opinion may be a tad tainted lol

I liked the vid of the Ferrari trying to catch the Porsche, the sound of the engine is incredible

Thanks for posting them

Old 12-07-2014, 04:04 AM

Hi `Ken,
Thanks much for your post & your thoughts > words on the subject vehicles of this thread

I was starting to think that my thread on topic's like above might `be in vain They get many hits/views, but often, not many replies from member's.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed (I know that I do 4-Sure)

I'm so thankful to be connected to the web & be able to explore all the Super Rides that are out there on the highways of our world + the Super Vid's > How can anyone ever get bored `if they are connected to the `web ?

Peace/Out

Old 12-07-2014, 08:50 AM

I'm glad to see he liked the Camaro.
I saw another Video where they raced the Z/28 against the Nissan GT-R 4 wheel drive track car, and the Camaro won.
Again the drivers were impressed, because nobody every suspected a Camaro could/would be so good.
I'm not Racing, so I'm really happy with my ZL1.
A lot more creature comforts than the Z/28.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:13 AM

Thanks `Tom for your post/statements.
You are really lucky/fortunate to have a ZL`1 >EnJoy<

Below is another super test on the Z28 vs Nissan GTR

Guess who comes out on TOP On `NO
(I think it's a great test)