Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you like the new 2016 CHEVROLET MALIBU
Yes
66.67%
No
0%
Maybe, I have to see it in person & drive it
66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

*2016 Chevrolet Malibu *

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default *2016 Chevrolet Malibu *

Hi Member's, do you like the new Malibu ?
Please Vote in the above poll + leave your comments.
CHEVROLET MALIBU, 2016REVIEWS

2016 Chevrolet Malibu
An all-new hybrid vehicle powertrain, which leverages technology in the Chevrolet Volt, will offer an estimated combined fuel economy rating surpassing 45 mpg.
The 2016 Malibu can also be lighter and longer, with improved fuel efficiency and more interior space. Its wheelbase was stretched close to four inches (101 mm), which is almost 300 pounds (136 kg) lighter in relation to the existing version.
"Midsize customers tell us they need great fuel economy, linked technologies, wrapped in a stunning outside.
Added vehicle highlights:
Accessible section-exclusive OnStar 4G LTE in-vehicle connectivity in addition to accessible wireless mobile billing
Glossy, innovative and agile exterior design features complex elements that improve the touch cues of Chevrolet
Standard preventative security technologies comprise 10 air bags that are standard, with accessible features like Back Cross Traffic Alarm and Forward Collision Alarm. Automatic Parking Assist can also be accessible
All-new Teen Driver attribute, allowing parents to see their children' driving data, including warning alarms maximum rate and more
All-new, power-dense Ecotec 1.5L turbo engine with fuel-economy stop/start technology is conventional, offering a GM-estimated 160 hp (119 kW)
The brand new Malibu will be offered in LS, L, LT and Premier the Hybrid version, along with trimmings. The Premier trimming, the new uplevel designation of Chevrolet, debuts in the 2016 Malibu. Trim details and added version will soon be announced nearer to the beginning of production.
Malibu Hybrid technology
Using technology in the 2016 Chevrolet Volt propulsion system, Malibu Hybrid will offer an estimated combined fuel economy rating surpassing 45 mpg, higher compared to combined mileage ratings of Hyundai Sonata, Toyota Camry and the Ford Fusion hybrid vehicle forms.
The drive unit supplies added power to help the engine during acceleration, for 182 hp (136 kW) of total system power.
The engine also features EGHR, or Chevrolet's first use of Exhaust Gas Heat Recovery. EGHR ensures consistent fuel economy operation in cold weather and enhances engine warm up. Added fuel economy gains come from EGR, or Exhaust Gas Recirculation.
A 80-cell, 1.5 kWh lithium-ion battery pack supplies electric power to the hybrid system. The gas-powered engine automatically comes on at high loads and higher rates to supply added electricity.
Along with the drive unit, the Malibu Hybrid also shares the combined regenerative braking system, which gives maximum kinetic energy restoration during braking to be kept to the battery system to help drive unit electricity electronic equipment, and keep charge of the 2016 Volt.
Turbocharged efficacy and functionality
It's portion of a fresh world-wide family of small-displacement gas engines designed to provide operation that is assured with superior efficacy.

2016 Chevrolet Malibu
The Malibu's more-efficient standard engine provides a GM-estimated 160 hp (119 kW) and 184 lb-feet of torque (250 Nm). The torque is comparable to the existing version's normal 2.5L naturally aspirated engine in a vehicle bundle that is almost 300 pounds lighter.
A higher-output signal 2.0L turbocharged engine is accessible, offering a GM-estimated 250 hp (186 kW) and 258 lb-feet of torque (350 Nm), for a higher level of functionality - but not at the expense of great efficacy.
An all-new, GM-developed eight-speed automatic transmission - the initial eight-speed automatic in a GM front wheel drive vehicle - leads to the 2.0T's balance of functionality and efficacy.
An increased array of safety and teen Driver features
Teen Driver, a regular feature on most trim degrees of the next-generation Malibu, supports safe driving habits by muting the sound or any apparatus paired together with the vehicle when front seat occupants are not wearing their safety belts. Teen Driver additionally provides visual and audible warnings when the car is going predetermined rates over.
To make use of Teen Driver, the attribute is enabled by a parent using a PIN in the Settings menu of the Malibu's MyLink system, allowing them to register their teenager's key fob. The settings of the system's are turned on just to documented key fobs.
Chevrolet is the very first in the sector using a built in system that lets parents see on a display the vehicle was driven by their teen. Maximum rate space driven reached and amount of times active security characteristics were engaged are among the parameters which can be supported.
Teen Driver complements a roll of available and regular safety features, including a rear-view camera system standard on LT, LS, Hybrid and Premier versions.
Rear-view camera system is standard on LT, LS, Hybrid and Premier versions.
Active security features that are accessible comprise:
Front Pedestrian Alarm that works on the forward looking camera to help decrease or prevent the damage from crashes with pedestrians ahead of the car. The device can not use automatic first -second braking
Side Blind Zone Alarm with Lane Change Alarm
New Forward Collision Alarm with Subsequent Space Index
Back Cross Traffic Alarm
Intellibeam, which automatically changes the headlamps for improved visibility and better road illumination
Automatic Parking Assist.
Slicker design with lighter, more powerful body structure
Having a wheelbase stretching 3.6 inches (91 mm) longer than the present Malibu, along with a 2.3-inch (58 mm) longer total length and the same total width, the 2016 Malibu hits a slicker-looking percentage. The wheelbase that is extra helps provide better in- functionality and cottage comfort.
With styling determined by the 2014 Impala, the all-new Malibu progress Chevrolet's international design language with attributes like slender, headlamps that are brushing as well as a progressive take on the brand's characteristic double-port grille. Three body-side creases help recognize the Malibu as a modern-day Chevy and additionally add drama to the look.
The cowl as well as the hood - the place where the windshield and the hood meet - are lower compared to existing version and add to the greater aerodynamic performance of the Malibu, as do grille shutters that are active on LT and LS versions.
Premium design cues are incorporated on all versions, with modern lighting technology featured from the other side of the line, including light-emitting diode (LED) daytime running lamps on LT and Premier versions. LED taillamps are additionally received by the Malibu Premier.
Beneath the newest Malibu's fit-looking skin is a more powerful, lighter body structure that leads to driving dynamics and its efficacy. Greater use of high-strength steels enabled engineers to design the body structure with thinner parts in a few regions, providing crash functionality that is similar with lower weight. The all-new body structure accounts for over one third of the Malibu's almost 300-pound weight decrease.
Roomier, more and more comfortable inside that is joined
The longer wheelbase enables a more open performance of Chevrolet's trademark double-cockpit inside. Back legroom enhances by 1.3 inches

Old 02-24-2016, 04:45 PM
Default Pic's

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-24-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Old 02-24-2016, 05:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks decent but it looks way too much like an Impala, cruze is pretty similar too. I prefer distinction between models, now they're all rounded blobs with similar profiles.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

I saw one at the dealers. I like them they really stepped up their game.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member

Any car with four doors, I don't care about as much anymore. Two doors are my style once again!

The new Malibu looks all right, but I don't understand that weird styling kink in the bumper below the headlights... looks like its jaw got dislocated, or something. Anyway, at least it seems to go away on dark-colored Malibus.

Hey, Mike, when you make a poll and ask "Do you like ________?", you could provide a five-step scale sort of like this...

• YES! It is great!!
• Yeah, mostly
• Meh / No opinion either way
• No, it needs improvement
• NO! Get it out of here!!

... and get a better measure of how people feel!

Old 02-24-2016, 05:25 PM
Thumbs up Thanks Jeff for posting/sharing. good 2 C U online ...

Originally Posted by Sidestreet
Any car with four doors, I don't care about as much anymore. Two doors are my style once again!

The new Malibu looks all right, but I don't understand that weird styling kink in the bumper below the headlights... looks like its jaw got dislocated, or something. Anyway, at least it seems to go away on dark-colored Malibus.

Hey, Mike, when you make a poll and ask "Do you like ________?", you could provide a five-step scale sort of like this...

• YES! It is great!!
• Yeah, mostly
• Meh / No opinion either way
• No, it needs improvement
• NO! Get it out of here!!

... and get a better measure of how people feel!

Hi `Jeff, I like your poll questions 4-Sure , but I would like to see you get a topic and make a poll. I did make it multi choice (lol)..

p.s. `Jeff if my poll questions were that good (LOL) then member's may not make a post with their comment like you did +increasing the activity on the MCF +a higher member's post count (LOL)

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-24-2016 at 05:30 PM.