Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

* What's your Music Genre ? *

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 06:46 PM

I listen to alot of dubstep as well, been for awhile even before it got to the US. But my prefered genre is metal, favorite band is Enter Shikari they're very unique, also classic rock, I even listen toforeign music from all over the world. I got used to getting looks on the road haha... Oh and also the stuff thats on the radio, but my iPod is hooked to the system about 98% of the time.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Mostly rock now, grew up on country. Then started smoking hash in Germany back in 73 and the Party was on... My favorite is anti-War "Roger Waters" Pink Floyd founding member.... It all makes perfect sense expressed in dollars and cents, pounds, schillings and pence, can't you see it all makes perfect sense. We have warehouses of butter, oceans of wine, we got famine when we need it we got designer crime.. What God wants God gets, God help us all!!! The pie in the sky turned out to be miles to high..And now you hide hide hide behind petrified eyes..

Then the Eagles and Metallica "The Unforgiven 2"

Yep, I'm definitely Amused To Death.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Yep, I'm definitely Amused To Death.

LoL Seattle `Mike,
I'm confused by the above, but my space mind is very tired 2day & I will have to return when I'm rested to try to comprehend your above statement & Greg's posted words "Amused to Death" Do I have to smoke some hash 2 understand LOL ?

p.s. Thanks member's for all your contributions to this thread & the MCF....

Last edited by Space; 06-17-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:34 AM

BlackRainSS, nice to see someone that likes BSC. I went to HS with one of the members (he was a year older than me and we weren't that close but knew of each other at the time). Anyone that likes southern rock should listen to Black Stone Cherry. It's like a heavier varient of it. I have all three of their albums myself.

I'll listen to a lot of different kinds of music but by far my favorites are country and alternative rock. I grew up on alternative. Nice to see bands like Breaking Benjamin and FFDP raising the standard again. It got pretty rough for a while there with a few exceptions.

I'm also getting into some of the newer Christian rock that's out there now. Skillet is the best of the bunch IMO.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by Space

LoL Seattle `Mike,
I'm confused by the above, but my space mind is very tired 2day & I will have to return when I'm rested to try to comprehend your above statement & Greg's posted words "Amused to Death" Do I have to smoke some hash 2 understand LOL ?
Nope, no hash required although it may help to mask the pain of reality for a bit.

Amused To Death - YouTube

Roger Waters

Last edited by Space; 06-17-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: correct my spelling
Old 06-17-2012, 08:18 AM

Thanks `Mike,
I have been enlightened & thank you for posting your 6+minute vid...

Amused to Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just keep learning so much every time I visit the MCF
* Thank You Seattle `Mike & all contributing member's *

Last edited by Space; 06-17-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:32 PM

As you can tell, I'm a huge fan of dubstep. There are a ton of subgenres and a lot of information to absorb when it comes to the technicalities of the music. I'm also into classic rock and metal, heavy metal, dance/techno, and the popular, overplayed music on the pop radio stations. I can also appreciate orchestral, jazz, and really any concert band music.

There's one important thing to keep in mind when considering musical interests: do NOT be a hater Seriously though, if something isn't for you don't be a YouTube troll I experience this all the time with dubstep.

Dustepticons, roll out. *wub wub wub wub*

Old 06-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thats another thing i like, big band and orchestral music. I played in the school band for 8 years, and "dubstepicons, roll out. *wub wub wub wub* hahah love it

Old 06-17-2012, 04:06 PM

Im always listening to rap (Lil' Boosie & Kevin Gates)

Old 06-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

rock/hard rock/metal/heavy metal!!! gets your blood flowing

Quick Reply: * What's your Music Genre ? *