Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

* MCF Father's *

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 06:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: *Father's Day Post *

Thanks Uncle Space...Happy F-Day everyone!!!

Old 06-15-2007, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center] Active Users: There are 1 members and 492 guests. online @ posted time[/align][align=center]MCF Web check @ 06:46 AM June 15 -06[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Topic Posted on WorldWide Forums[/align][align=center]*Father's Day Post*[/align][align=center]International Press Copy[/align][align=center]AP[/align][align=center]Time/USA Today[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 06-15-2007, 05:49 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/index.php[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Missing Adults Statistics
According the Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Crime Information Center (NCIC) there are 500,930 active missing adult cases in the United States as of January 31, 2007. NCIC also reports 66,218 active cases of unidentified persons.
[/align]

Old 06-15-2007, 02:03 PM

This is my first Father's day without my Dad. Lost him last August. He was a real car guy as well and I know how much he enjoyed his cars. I don't know if www.heaven will get to him, I sure hope it will. I love you Dad, happy Father's day.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Lost mine in '99.

He loved the horses.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:18 PM

~ For the members who have lost ~
[align=center][/align][align=center]For the Fathers that have departed their human form,[/align][align=center]to another level of spiritualexistence.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center] If your father is in your Heartand Mind,[/align][align=center]he iswith you forever.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]May you meet again on your next level.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Until then, enjoy the lessons taught, and[/align][align=center]enjoy your human life.[/align][align=center]`amen[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish you `Happiness[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 06-15-2007, 04:35 PM

I lost my father in Jan of 1986, Sure dont seem like it was 21 years ago.

Mike.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:22 AM

Lost dad in 1984 the day after fathers day.
We were stationed in England (my wife and I)
That was the longest trip home......

I wish I knew half the stuff that he did......

Lost mom in 1976. Dad was both mom and dad for a while, and he sure did his best to make sure we all got what we needed.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:06 AM

[align=center]

Father's Day Celebrations

The very thoughtful and beautiful festival of Father's Day is celebrated with lot of charm and enthusiasm in countries around the world. Though the date and manner of celebrations differ in several countries what remain noticeably same is the spirit of the festival. Everywhere, people take opportunity of Father's Day to express gratitude for their dad and to tell them how much they are loved and appreciated. These days, people also celebrate Father's Day with their granddad, father-in-law, stepfather, uncle or with any other man who is caring and protective as a father.

How is Father's Day Celebrated ?
Children start preparing for Father's Day festival days in advance. To express love for their dearest dad little children prepare beautiful handmade cards. Many kids also prepare handmade gifts for their dad to express their affection. Grown-up children staying away from their father strive to spend the special day with their dad. The occasion, therefore, becomes a time for reunion in several families.

The most common method of Fathers Day Celebration is to indulge dad with his favorite breakfast in bed. A bouquet of fresh flowers, a card and a gift of love usually accompany the gourmet breakfast. After this beautiful start of the day, children usually spend the day with dad by going out for picnic or for a treat in a restaurant. Many families also throw Father's Day get together by inviting friends and relatives.

Those who choose to stay at home with daddy try to help father by completing pending household work. To many children, this is the most special way of expressing affection for dad on Father's Day and to let him know how that everything he does for the family is appreciated from the core of the heart.

Commercialization of Father's Day
In present times, Father's Day Festival has been commercialized to a great extent. Gift marketers and card sellers' launch a rigorous campaign days before the festival to cash in on the sentimental value of the occasion. Most advertised gifts for the occasion include greeting cards, neckties, toolkits and gourmet gift baskets. Though some people feel that commercialization of the day helps in raising awareness about the day, critics feel that extensive commercialization has made celebration of Father's Day a mere formality in many families.
[/align][/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]
Father's Day Humor

[size=3][b]Dead Sea Gull
A father was at the beach with his children when his four-year-old son Bob ran up to him, grabbed his hand, and led him to the shore, where a seagull lay dead in the sand.
"Daddy, what happened to him?" Bob asked. "He died and went to Heaven," the dad replied.
Bob thought a moment and then said, "Did God throw him back down?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor Preacher
After the church service a little boy told the pastor, "When I grow up, I'm going to give you some money."
"Well, thank you," the pastor replied, "but why?"
"Because my daddy says you're one of the poorest preachers we've ever had."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Letters between son and dad
Dear Dad,
$chool i$ really great. I am making lot$ of friend$ and $tudying very hard. With all my $tuff, I $imply can't think of anything I need, $o if you would like, you can ju$t $end me a card, a$ I would love to hear from you.
Love,
Your $on

The Reply:
Dear Son,
I kNOw that astroNOmy, ecoNOmics, and oceaNOgraphy are eNOugh to keep even an hoNOr student busy. Do NOt forget that the pursuit of kNOwledge is a NOble task, and you can never study

Old 06-17-2007, 06:32 AM

Quick Reply: * MCF Father's *