Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

* Honor's *Awards *

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 09:00 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Well BBMike this is just for you!!!

Attached Thumbnails * Honor's *Awards *-bbmike.jpg  

Last edited by P343; 05-05-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up >Thank You Much >4->Sure<

(Bum Manager: )
V

MCF Moderator `Barbara,
for this high honor of excellence
It's so `High, I'm about to fall `off
I really do appreciate your time & dedication to make
all in your life feel special.
I shall cherish this special Award
4-Sure
Sincere Thank You

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-06-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:50 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

You and my MCF family ARE special to me 4 Sure!!!
It really isn't hard to be dedicated when you do what you love!!

Old 05-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
Thanks Mod `Barbara & Member `Dale
Thanks for posting & sharing your super awards and achievements

I'm impressed and I feel I know more about both of you.
I think it's great to be recognize for one's achievements.

Being raised and homeschooled by senior citizens in a remote Beach Village, the bums and I never had the opportunity to play sports @ a school, but we did get stars on our homework if we did well... It was like a award

I hope your posts encourage other member's to share. I know many are humble, shy & don't like to brag, but the MCF is your auto family and it's good to get to know your family.

I'm realizing that the MCF has so many member's with hidden talents and hidden abilities on our forum.

I'm proud of the member's that posted & I'm thankful to be associated with them.

Now, I must try harder & do better & maybe I'll get an award (?) I won't give up on my dreams...I working on trying to give myself a award of a new Camaro or Corvette in my future
Life I believe is not about the achievements and awards that you can get. It always amazes me with the Actors and entertainers how much they consider the awards such and achievement and it seems like every year there are more and more awards ceremonies that they can strut around in fancy outfits and then they complain when someone gets left out. they need to get a life and maybe devote a little more time to a charity than there ego building.
I recall that a few of the trophies that I won for the model building the people who worked at the store where the contest was held would tell me that sometimes the other competitors would bitch because I was an entrant each year. So I offered to teach a class on building and painting these things. But no one signed up?

I used to teach shooting sports as well. One day I was asked to work the Bar for a wedding that was going on. Part of a men's club I belong to and we will do a Bar tending event on occasion.

The kid that was the Groom had been one of my students years back. This was a Red Neck wedding the groomsmen had Camouflage Tuxes. So the groom announced at the wedding that I was the one who taught him how to shoot and this guy had brought his Deer heads to the wedding reception and they were hanging on the wall there. I was just slightly embarrassed.
I think trophies are great but they are just a material object.
On a couple of occasions there were Trophy Girls involved and they were kind of rewarding.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:42 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb Freedom to express what you think!

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Life I believe is not about the achievements and awards that you can get.

Hi `Dale & thanks for sharing what you believe. To me life is about extracting & doing the best that you can from everyday that you are given without hurting self or others. I think it's good to be recognized by others in life for their achievements & awards received. Getting another day in life is my reward...I am thankful

"Doing what you like is freedom, liking what you `do is Happiness" Being who you really are!
I really believe that you have to be happy with yourself, before you can be happy with anyone else. 4-Sure

Wish everyone `Happiness "You are the driver of your Life", If you're not (?), take control!!!!

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-06-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:46 AM

The only award I ever received was in high school. when I graduated I got an award for vocational excellence, totally caught me by surprise.....but made me feel proud that my shop teachers felt me worthy.