Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Are you getting pop up ads ?
Yes, all the time
30.00%
Some of the time (not much)
15.00%
I never get them
20.00%
I will post how to stop them
0%
Only get them on the MCF (?)
50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

*** MCF Pop`Ups *** ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:43 PM

I've been running without my adblock recently as I site I use for work gets messed up by it as it is a very aggressive list to block, it even blocks images of "advertisement" size and that's where the problem comes in.

I've had banners that start the MCF low, yesterday I had an ad with sound. The banner at the top makes the search nearly impossible to us (the search bar under the nav menu). Roll over ads, the dumb Cadillac thing, etc. It's a PITA.

Just re-added my adblock file for Iron/Chrome and I'm back in business, no Cadillac thing on the pictures, no banners. It's still annoying on my phone with the stupid popup on every page.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
I've been running without my adblock recently as I site I use for work gets messed up by it as it is a very aggressive list to block, it even blocks images of "advertisement" size and that's where the problem comes in.

I've had banners that start the MCF low, yesterday I had an ad with sound. The banner at the top makes the search nearly impossible to us (the search bar under the nav menu). Roll over ads, the dumb Cadillac thing, etc. It's a PITA.

Just re-added my adblock file for Iron/Chrome and I'm back in business, no Cadillac thing on the pictures, no banners. It's still annoying on my phone with the stupid popup on every page.
What type of phone you useing mike?

Old 01-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I got some info from Internet Brands about the pop ups.

The
Cadillac ads on the images are a replacement of the prior ads we had on the
images across the site and should only be seen by logged out users as the prior
product was.

I was unable to get the ads when logged in today. Please have the members give
feedback to let us know if they are only appearing when logged out. If not then
we will make sure to modify that setting to ensure there are no problems.

As for the Cadillac ad, there is one that I see on the right hand side of the page. Under the heading "Advertising". I finally got it in the rotation of ads. If you roll your mouse over it for 2-3 seconds, a larger ad pops up in the middle of your screen. The ad is more of a commercial, with video and sound. But on my screen, there's an X in the top right corner of the ad. As soon as I click the X, the ad disappears.

I have also seen ads near the top of the page, in the center of the page. Occasionally I get an ad in the rotation that does the same thing. If you roll your mouse over the ad for 2-3 seconds, an advertisement pops up like I mentioned in the previous paragraph. But I'm always able to just click the X, and it goes away.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Zen

I'm always logged in I get the caddy ad all the time now.It's covering most of your sig pic now Taz

Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Every page I go on and on every picture there is a cadillac ad. Even though I close it out with the X, there is another one waiting for me on the next picture on the same page. There is one now over your signature covering the lower part of Taz and your Monte......

Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I don't see them logged in as an admin. I'll try my other account, and hopefully I see what you guys see. So I can tell Internet Brands from first hand info. Thanks for the replies!

Old 01-30-2013, 06:48 PM

Not seeing it yet. But I'll surf around the forum for a while.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I never saw the ads when I was logged in as 99gagtx. I did log out completely, and saw small ads above some members sig pics. But not covering them.

I'll let Internet Brands know that some of you are getting them while logged in. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Thanks again for the quick replies guys!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
I never saw the ads when I was logged in as 99gagtx. I did log out completely, and saw small ads above some members sig pics. But not covering them.

I'll let Internet Brands know that some of you are getting them while logged in. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Thanks again for the quick replies guys!
For instance...I just saw the cadillac ad over your signature pic....
(as it does with ev1's sig pic)

Its very annoying. So, if i understand this correctly...Its only suppose to show up when your not logged in?

Maybe once it gets resolved...I can once again log in and post with my windows phone...Hopefully ..Thanks Lou!

Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Hi Dave I get them even when I'm logged in........ Too crazy they just came out of no where and they are persistent for sure.

Quick Reply: *** MCF Pop`Ups *** ?