Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

$-How High/Gas Prices-$ ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default $-How High/Gas Prices-$ ?

[align=center] [/align][align=center]How high will the price of Gas Climb to ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Everything in my life is going up, except my[/align][align=center]bank account : ([/align][align=center]Today's price inIndian River County Florida[/align][align=center]is $3.06 a gal for regular [X(][X(][/align][align=center][align=center]Price of Gas[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]How much is it affecting your driving of your[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo ? Your Life ?[/align][align=center]I know that I already feel the pain : ([/align][align=center]How high will it go ?[/align][align=center]I'm about to get a V-8 : ), maybe I better get back on[/align][align=center]my skateboard, or bike: )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]___________________________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below link for gasBuddy[:-][/align][align=center]http://www.gasbuddy.com/[/align][/align][align=center]10 Fuel Saving Tips You Can Do Now
Pat Goss

[/align][align=center]There are lots of ways to improve fuel economy and lots of ways to waste money trying to improve fuel economy. Not the least of which are miracle fuel improvers. They don't work, don't waste your money. Now you may have a diesel engine and you may be tempted to run that diesel engine on vegetable oil. Well don't do it; it will work for awhile but it could cause internal engine damage from deposits over the long haul. And remember if you live where it gets chilly in the morning, that vegetable oil could look very much like lard on a cold morning, and the engine isn't going to run.
Something else to be concerned with, most parts of the country have new fuel, it's called E10. It's 10 percent ethanol, 90 percent gasoline. Now ethanol is a renewable resource and it cleans up tail-pipe emissions but it lowers fuel economy. And don't confuse it with E85 which is 85 percent ethanol and must only be used in cars that are flex-fuel capable.
Now some of the practical things: Tire pressure; check it regularly; set the tires to the specification inside the door of your car. Clean fuel filter, good spark plugs. And there are some sensors that can dramatically reduce fuel economy. These are: inlet air temperature sensor; oxygen sensor; mass airflow sensor and no, don't look for codes because they can be out of spec and reduce fuel economy without setting codes. Dirty anti-freeze will do it as will a bad coolant temperature sensor or a bad thermostat that makes the car run too cool or makes the computer think the car is running cooler than it should.
[/align][align=center][size=4]Air filters should be replaced when they look like this. And this sucker is

Old 11-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Default RE: `How High will it Go ?

[align=center][/align][align=center]WoW that's ``High[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Everything is going `up [X(][][&:][/align][align=center]No IllegalSmok'in [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]On the MCF [/align][align=center]Space posts are crazy enough [/align][align=center]He must be gett'in a contact buzz [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Going Back Up to `Space [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 11-06-2007, 07:42 AM

filled up last night and paid 3.08 for premium which is all i let my baby drink

Old 11-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Price of gas here went up this morning to $1.04 per litre. That's well over $4.00 per US gallon.
I think the price of a gallon of gas (in the US) will be close to $4.00 per gallon by the time of the Presidential election next november.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:16 AM

And that is why I am looking for a 4 banger right now!

Old 11-06-2007, 11:03 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad I still own my '93 and '94 Dodge Shadow ESs. Oh wait. They aren't the 2.5 versions but the 3.0 V6 versions. So much for saving gasoline.

I heard gas in the U.S. could hit $4/gal before it's all over with. Right now we're paying at least $3/gal here. Yesterday I bought $10 @ $3.09/gal. Today I bought more @ $3.05/gal.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

In Detroit, MI this afternoon premium gas is selling for $3.49 per gallon.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 PM

went from 2.52 to 3.19 here in the past week

Old 11-06-2007, 07:12 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

it always goes up on Presidential Election years.. I guess OPEC figures if the election is screwed up America will be doomed (maybe they are right)... the election campaigns start earlier and earlier, i guess the crap that comes with it starts earlier each year as well.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Each election starts earlier. Wow. You said it cowboy. Started a year and a half before the election this time. Sheesh!

Quick Reply: $-How High/Gas Prices-$ ?