New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

A Quick Pic 5th Gen newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Default A Quick Pic 5th Gen newbie

Hello again,I finally got my car. It's a little dusty, but what car isn't at this time of year. lol
I really like it, can't wait to hit the road. I got an excellent rate on my insurance if any NJ residents are interested. I'm not sure if I can mention the company name but their goal is to "Cure" NJ's insane car insurance rates. Worked for me!

Old 05-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Default RE: A Quick Pic 5th Gen newbie

sweet 5th gen bro, looks absolutly awesome without a doubt a attribute to any site you join

Old 05-31-2008, 07:00 AM

Thanks SCC...
I think it needs new speakers. It has a Pioneer Deh-P6800MP radio (I think that's right) which I guess is at least adequate but the sound quality is not quite there. I'll get some interior pics soon. One of the windows needs a new switch or wiring, sometimes it doesn't work. The moonroof needs a new track - a common repair from what I've read. Other than that, it's in excellent condition. 71K original miles, sweet solid black interior with leather, andnew performancetires (Kumho 711 - pretty good from what I've read.) What more can you ask for at $2500. My cousin stopped by to show me her 05 Acura and she was jealous! I have everything she has with only 10K more miles and no car payment.

Oh...and I'm a girl.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:19 AM

ah d00dette then. sweet deal, some minor tlc and that monte will be back to specs. congrats on the find and bargain just keep her looking good and you'll get eyes for years to come

Old 05-31-2008, 12:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Welcome Dee Dee. Nice monte you've got there. Keep it clean and it will treat you well. So what year is the car? No matter what year, it still has nice low miles. You really cant ask for more. The car is gonna be hot as hellin the summer, but who cares? lol. Time to get out there now and detail thehell out of that car and get some more pics for us to drool at.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:24 PM

It's a 97. And yes, I'm sure it will be an oven but the AC works great. I have one of those windshield reflectors, they do help some. I've never had leather seats before so I don't know how that will work out but they sure are comfy. I may end up putting covers on them for the summer to protect them from the UV and to protect me fromgetting burned! It's very clean inside, they detailed it for me at the shop, but I do want to give it another good wash and wax.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:47 PM

So I took some time today and tweaked the audio controls and it sounds 100% better! I think I'll get a CD changer instead of speakers.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome Dee Dee!

Very nice ride! The rims look great on your car.

You'll really enjoy your newly acquired Monte!

Old 06-01-2008, 01:08 AM

Thanks Taz,
I'm glad it came with good wheels and tires and they are all in excellent condition. I checked out your gallery, I love the Detroit Skyline and Ambassador Bridge pics. (I would photoshop out that tissue on the ground and it would be perfect, but that's just me and my nitpicking lol)
I really think I might be hooked on Monte Carlos already! Details as they progress.

My first car was a 90 Camry, got it in 92 when I was 18-loved it, got 143K on it then the tranny started slipping so I traded it for a 94 Grand Prix SE, got it in 96 - it was a nightmare and I wrecked it on Xmas Eve in a snowstorm. Then I inherited my Mom's 01' Sonata which now has 160K and I still drive it to work everyday...until Monday when I tag up my Monte!! I'm sure it will be my favorite car so far.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:14 PM

Welcome to the forum, very nice 97, Dee Dee. I'm sure you'll be happy with your Monte Carlo. Only 71K on a 97, that is great mileage for a 12 year old car, and it looks like it was very well taken care of. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: A Quick Pic 5th Gen newbie