New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Possible Trans Issue???

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Angry Possible Trans Issue???

Hey everyone, this is my 1st time posting something on here but am in need of some help. I've been racking my brain for weeks as to what it could be but haven't been able to figure it out. I have a 2006 Monte LS 3.5L with 105,xxx miles on it. The car seems to stall/slip gears when primarily making left turns. It tends to happen when driving straight or when I take off from a complete stop, but not as often. It feels like it's just revving, no power to the wheels when going around curves to the left and accelerating. There is no slipping going around corners or turning while not applying the gas. Don't have any issues making right turns. This started happening about a month/month and a half ago.

Any thoughts?

Old 10-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm thinking a problem with an axle shaft. Sounds like it is unloading and the splines are slipping out when making a left turn. Could be the C-clip is broke and letting the shaft have to much in / out movement. Any tranny fluid leaks you can see / smell?

Old 10-18-2015, 08:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

X2 with the axle being the culprit, if it was the tranny it should do it regardless of which direction you are turning