New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Pictures of my new to me 2002 Monte Carlo SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009 | 11:44 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member
Default Pictures of my new to me 2002 Monte Carlo SS

Okay so first a little story then the pictures.
I owned a 74 Monte Carlo back in the late 80's when I was in High School. It was awesome, 350 with auto, true duals [loud] my uncle and I remove all the rust and door dents and I had it painted. Keystone rims and wide tires. If I can find some old pics I scan and post.

Until this month I owned to Trans ams, one 1999 Ram Air WS6 with 25,xxx miles and the other was a 1992 Convertible with about 12x,xxx miles. It was a tough call on which car should be the daily driver and which one the fun car, but I could bring myself to pile the miles on the 99 so the 92 was the daily. I have two children and I could only handle daily driving that car for about a year, so I sold it to buy a Monte Carlo to daily drive.

I wanted a 2003 or newer, HAD to be an SS, Hi Sport or Dale SR car, would have liked Leather.

I found a 2002 Black SS with 49,xxx miles in Arizona, did I mention I live in St Louis MO, but the deal was too good to pass up. No leather, but I can change that if the right deal presents itself, but for now the seats are in perfect condition so I don't feel any need to change. The car is a 2002 MC SS Hi Sport, I purchased it from the orginal owner who bought it when he was 65, so I am not too worried that it has been driven rough. Everything on the car is in great shape, I could not be happier - unless it had leather, but still very happy.

Okay here are some Cel Phone pictures I took on the drive home this week, I will wash it this weekend and get some better ones soon.
-Jeff

Old 09-25-2009 | 11:55 PM

sweet looking car, congratz

Old 09-25-2009 | 11:57 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

welcome scooby dude, that is a beautiful monte carlo you have there, nice pics also, congrats on the nice find!! see ya scoob

Old 09-26-2009 | 02:58 AM

I prefer having my rear antenna lowered, pointed down instead of sticking straight up, looks funny if you ask me. But your '02 is sharp for sure, the tips are so shiny. Not sure if you're looking to mod or upgrade it, (besides leather seats) but you should check out www.pfyc.com they sell a replacement hood with a scoop in it. Non-functional hood scoop, but looks hot. I have a passion for the LS1 TA or Camaro, so if you can elaborate on any advantages the Monte may have over the TA, please do. (I doubt there are any though...

Old 09-26-2009 | 08:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Welcome to the forum man.

Old 09-26-2009 | 08:31 AM
10 Year Member

Thanks guys, I am really enjoying this car.

As for mods, don't really plan on any except window tint.

As for the antenna, probably gonna yank that off, it doesn't look the best. Funny story in New Mex the Speed limit was 80, I think I got up to 100 for a while, the antenna laid itself down at that speed.

Advantages of the MC over TA.
I can sit in the front seat with it all the way back while my daughter sits in her car seat in the back, in the TA I need to slide my seat up 1/2 way so she can keep her legs on, and I can't move her to the passenger side for two reasons, my son sits in the front passenger and I want him all the way back because the air bag and when I park in the garage I leave about 2 inches between the Pass side and the garage wall so when the kids get out bikes and toys they don't rub them down the side of the car as the leave the garage.
Another one is I am less worried about the MC than the TA so I can park it and walk away.
Another one is when I take it to the shop I don't have to worry about someone wanting to see what it has in it on a test drive.

Here is a link to my cardomain websites

1999 Trans am Ram Air WS6 (Garage Queen)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3067706

1992 Trans am Convertible - Sold
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2913386

2002 Monte Carlo - Just getting started
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3385801

Old 09-26-2009 | 08:39 AM

Window tinting would definitely look cool, all black car, black windows, very nice. And that is one good point, the Monte Carlo is very roomy compared to a Mustang, TA, or Camaro. Not to mention I believe the Monte gets a 5 star in frontal crash test ratings, and 4 star in side impact, and the fuel economy has gotta be a bit better, I can pull 20MPG city if I take it easily. Definitely put some new pictures up once the tinting job is finished.

Old 09-26-2009 | 09:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

You say you won't mod now....

You'll change your mind when you realize you aren't modding just for power, but to fix restrictions that is not good for the car.

Old 09-26-2009 | 09:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

heyy! welcome to the forum! i just moved down to florida for college from the saint louis area =D nice looking monte!

Old 09-26-2009 | 12:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Welcome to the forum! Nice cars!

Quick Reply: Pictures of my new to me 2002 Monte Carlo SS