New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

ooh no!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Default ooh no!!!!

i am soo upset right about now! so i drove up to my aunts for easter today and my check engine light came on. My temperature gage isnt working and is below the line of i believe 140 (not sure). everytime i turn off my baby (the car)lol a fan comes on underneath the hood and stays on for a good 2 minutes maybe a little longer it aggrovates me because ive never heard the sound before today and im not sure what happened. Sadly, My dad went to Mrytle beach with my brothers and sisters for easter while i stay here with my mom and work. everytime he goes away something goes wrong with my car.

anyone have any idea of what ids happening to my car?! has it happened to any of you??

Old 04-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: ooh no!!!!

sounds like your dad shouldn't leave anymore :-p lol ...jk

sounds to me like your coolant temp sensor is gone on the car...could possibly need to change the thermostat too while your there

Old 04-08-2007, 10:21 PM

Most likely the theromstat is stuck in the open position not allowing the engine to heat up like it should
I would do the following
Flush the cooling system
Replace the thermostat
Replace the coolant temp sensor
Reset the computer....

You should be fine after that

Old 04-11-2007, 01:36 AM

How do you change them? Where are they located at?

Old 04-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

follow the upper rad hose back to where it meats the engine..should be somewhere there...(i'm not 100% sure on this as i haven't changed mine before) but thats about where it should be

Old 04-11-2007, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

follow the upper rad hose back to where it meats the engine..should be somewhere there...(i'm not 100% sure on this as i haven't changed mine before) but thats about where it should be
Correct, if you follow the black upper raditor hose located on the drivers side, it will connect to the front top of the engine into a round metal 1/2 sphere piece. This is thethermostat housing and will have 2 bolts to disconnect.