New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Noobie checking In

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Default Noobie checking In

Hi.Names Jeff.Live in good ol Florida.I wanted to join this site for some ?'s first.I do notown a monte carlo at this time.my dad had a 99 monte carlo when i was in high school and loved to drive it.with my tax money ive gotten back this year i want to buy a 80's monte carlo SS.love the style of those years.i want to find a decent low-no rust SS for around 3,000.1 of the questions i have is-what years in the 80's were the style of those monte carlos like a '85 for example.and are they 2nd or 3rd gen's?another question is did any of those SS come with a 350 rather than 305's.my plans are to find a 80'sblack monte carlo with a floor shifter,build and drop in a 383 stroker w/ turbo400 tranny and possibly 100-200 shot of nitrous if need be.have a 350 in the garage with the right crank+rods to make a 383.just need to bore it .30 over and find some good pistons..also not a fan of the red interiors so i wanna find a grayish colored interior but if not ill have the interior redone in a dark gray-black color.cant wait to get my monte carlo soon!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Noobie checking In

hey, welcome to the site, i hope you find what you're looking for

i believe the years you are looking for a 85, 86, and 87

you might be able to find one thats got a 350 in it already, that would be good

you could look into one of those years elcamino with the choo choo customs package on it, they're gorgeous and i believe they have all 350's in them

Old 05-01-2008, 11:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome, can't wait to hear about your project.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:12 AM

Hi `Jeff, & Welcome to the MCF
E-Bay Motors, AutoTrader, Cars.com, and Craig List
often have 84-87 Monte SS 4 sale on their sites.
Where are you in Florida ? I'm in Indian River Co, Sebastian
Outlet area where the river goes in2 the Ocean.
If I find what you are look'in for, I send it to you.
Good Luck, from `Space

Old 05-02-2008, 07:00 AM

[align=center][:-]Great/Fun Project Monte Carlo on E-Bay : )[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]

1 of 18

Supersize
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...t=%7Btarget%7D

Current bid:
US $3,050.00

Reserve not met

Sells to:
United States
[:-]
Item location:
Vidalia, LA, United States[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Which MCF Member's is going to bid[/align][align=center]and get this one ?[/align][align=center]I wish I had the funds/time/money/garage/tools,[/align][align=center]I wish a lot : )[/align][align=center]I'd love to have it as a project Monte 4-Sure : )[/align][/align][/align]

Old 05-02-2008, 05:44 PM

thanks guys.Im actually over by Daytona Beach.ive been checking mostly Ebay and some craigslist.better deals than auto trader.If memory serves me right.a 305 and 350 are the same block,just different bores right? and space rider,thank you for sening me that badass monte carlo.im sure the guy wants atleast 8-10 grand for it though.i wanna find a nice clean stock SS for no more than 3.will drive it around a while w/ original motor.and 100 shot,and work on suspension before swap motor

Old 05-02-2008, 06:07 PM

`Jeff, check out the below link.
It has road test reviews on all generation Monte Carlo's.
We also have MCF Member's in your area, and when they
read your post, they might know of someone that may
have what you are looking for.
Good Luck,
Click on below link
[:-]

Old 05-03-2008, 04:31 AM

Welcome. Your going throught the same stuff i went through when looking for my monte. i wanted a Late 80's SS with a 350 crate already in it. with little rust and no body damage. It took me a Good 2 years to find the one for me. I wasnt looking weekly it was when ever i had time. but i finaly picked up my sexy lady recently for 3000 $ rust free crate 350 with a lot of extras i installed in it all ready. i looked every where when i did look. craigslist, cars.com autotrader. you name it. Your best bet is to look right before summer cause people are trying to sell their older cars right before summer hits so they can enjoy em. well good luck with your hunt and if you have any question pertaining what to look for feel free to ask. i been through it all . i looked at maby no joke 50+ monte carlos before i got this one..lol

Old 05-03-2008, 07:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Artikmb47

Welcome. Your going throught the same stuff i went through when looking for my monte. i wanted a Late 80's SS with a 350 crate already in it. with little rust and no body damage. It took me a Good 2 years to find the one for me. I wasnt looking weekly it was when ever i had time. but i finaly picked up my sexy lady recently for 3000 $ rust free crate 350 with a lot of extras i installed in it all ready. i looked every where when i did look. craigslist, cars.com autotrader. you name it. Your best bet is to look right before summer cause people are trying to sell their older cars right before summer hits so they can enjoy em. well good luck with your hunt and if you have any question pertaining what to look for feel free to ask. i been through it all . i looked at maby no joke 50+ monte carlos before i got this one..lol

will do.i appreciate it.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:11 AM

i already asked this but didnt get a answer yet.is a 305 the same block as a 350? just different bore? I also found a silver 85 SS on ebay with that beautiful red interior.lol. on ebay not too far away and he has it at 2,900 w/ no bids.very clean.no rust.sent him a message for 2,000 cash in hand.will see what happens.

Quick Reply: Noobie checking In