New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Newbie Checking In

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Default Newbie Checking In

Hi Everyone! I'm Miss Taybee, hailing from the City of Wind....Chicago that is. I work for one of the largest telecommunications carriers by day and have a bad need for the fast life aka speed by night. I have always had a lifelong love for Chevrolet thanks to my dad, who has fully restored his 1965 Chevy Impala himself. The Monte Carlo captured my heart in 1999. Since then, I dreamed of owning my own but until then, I opted for passenger status. I FINALLY purchased my first Monte Carlo this August as an early birthday gift to myself. I got lucky and got a 2003 Monte Carlo LS. I wanted to take baby steps before overdosing on horsepower. I affectionately named her Silver Surfer until I get my SS. My dream car is an 07 Monte Carlo SS, preferably the Jimmie Johnson NASCAR edition. Until then, I want to restore my beauty. I got her for an amazing steal of a price and I should've known it was too true to be good! I am finding myself fixing something every week. Just when I decide to say hey, I'm over it and gonna junk it, my baby came to life! Not only does she soar like a bird, but I love her. I will have all kinda questions because I'm so girly, but I will learn how to use a ratchet in hot pink Polish to keep my girl rolling! Thanks for having me.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:18 PM

Welcome aboard! Post pics, please!

Old 01-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Default Impala, Monte, and welcome!!

Welcome aboard, you got the Monte itch! I too have a 1965 Impala SS I restored, some parts are from my first car when I was 16!

Old 01-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to Mcf!

Old 01-06-2017, 08:19 PM
Default Omggggggg

Originally Posted by Warhorse
Welcome aboard, you got the Monte itch! I too have a 1965 Impala SS I restored, some parts are from my first car when I was 16!

Shes BEAUTIFUL!!! My Dad would go ape poop

Old 01-07-2017, 07:18 AM

Thanks! What color is his? Mine was that dull beige color, with tan interior, didn't care for that at all! There's more pics up in my garage, if you want to take a peek.

About the Monte, don't feel bad, mine is currently in the garage for CEL, started out they thought it was Knock sensor, but I'm leaning towards a new PCM, bummer. I can't work on this car, no time, I do most of the work on the '65. I will be doing both front hub assemblies on the Monte here soon though, that kinda thing I am comfortable with.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Default Outlaw

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Welcome to Mcf!
Originally Posted by Warhorse
Thanks! What color is his? Mine was that dull beige color, with tan interior, didn't care for that at all! There's more pics up in my garage, if you want to take a peek.

About the Monte, don't feel bad, mine is currently in the garage for CEL, started out they thought it was Knock sensor, but I'm leaning towards a new PCM, bummer. I can't work on this car, no time, I do most of the work on the '65. I will be doing both front hub assemblies on the Monte here soon though, that kinda thing I am comfortable with.
HI there! His is blue and Silver with Blue interior. I'll snag some pics this weekend of his car. We both enjoy going to auto museums and road trips. The best auto museum I've seen so far is In Tupelo, MS!

Old 01-07-2017, 11:10 AM

Hello, welcome! Nice to see some more Impalas invading though mine is a newer, non-classic.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:10 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Hi Taybee and welcome to the forum!!

Old 01-07-2017, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Taybee
HI there! His is blue and Silver with Blue interior. I'll snag some pics this weekend of his car. We both enjoy going to auto museums and road trips. The best auto museum I've seen so far is In Tupelo, MS!
Sweet, would love to see pics of it! Always cool to see what others do/are doing to their rides! I take mine to a few shows a year, really need to get it out more!

Just found a couple pics from when I was building it, will post in my garage area up top!