New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Newbie on board...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Default Newbie on board...

First and foremost...excellent forum.. you all seem very nice and sincere without bashing each other, great job.

alright, i just got a 2006 LT3 Monte Carlo...blue. Love it.
There is nothing special with it, just a stock Monte.. Hopefully Ill be able to do some little things to it in the future finances permitting, and if they ever get their butts in gear and start putting out aftermarket parts for the 3.9L, and the new styling. I just want a new hood, being a mustang fan (dont kill me!!) as well, i love the cobra style hood scoops and think they would be bad @$$ on the Monte. Other than that I wouldnt change anything on the outside. And of course like any man, more power!!! not much more...just enough to **** off a Mustang GT owner. Oh, and would love to have a little throatier (is that a word?) growl. Is that possible on this V6? sounds good like it is.. just want a little deeper, and louder, just a little.
And what does everybody think of the trunk lid? the racing fin? I have heard mixed feelings about this.. the one that sticks straight up? I LOVE IT!!! but some say im all alone.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Newbie on board...

hey anthony welcome to the site

you should post up some pics

as for hood scoops...there is one out there that you see on a 2007 nascar edition..really nice lookin...and i think its bolt on...looks awesome!! especially with racing stripes

Old 04-20-2007, 01:41 PM

Thank Wiz, ill get pics on when i get a chance. Where can I see those hood scoops at? I tried to look for em, but found nothing.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah i haven't been able to find them either...there used to be someone on here that had them...i've been trying to search for it today...i'm still looking...it looked really sweet!!

Old 04-20-2007, 04:17 PM

Hi Anthony, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoyyour car. Personally, I like the stand-up spoiler a lot more than the pancake style, makes the car look NASCAR ish. But, to each his own. If your car already has the dual exhaust outlets, a nice set of Stainless tips in my mind really set it off.

Good luck, Monte's always look good.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:57 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome! My everyday car is an 05 Mustang V6. Post pics soon!

Old 04-20-2007, 09:03 PM

Welcome AJ! Glad to have another Monte Carlo lover on board! I'm with you on the 3.9 engine, MORE AFTERMARKET PARTS! lol! Not that it doesn't have alot of power already, but more definately is NOT a bad thing. I moved up from a 3.4 2003 LS, (as you can see belowI also have a 06 3LT) and the power difference is amazing!

I'd have to see some hood scoops on the car to give a verdict, the best visual mod I've seen on any 06's is chrome rims, tint,and the racing stripes. I've been looking into having a vinyl shop cut me some, that or perhaps some flames in flat black.

I'm also planning on experimenting by replacing the stock resonator with straight pipe, or a nice aftermarket resonator. I'll be keeping this forum updated when that gets done. You should be able to get a louder exhaust note by replacing the catalytic converter with an aftermarket high-flow one, and replacing the stock resonator with straight pipe. Look in the exhaust/header section for more info on this.

If you haven't already, get a K&N air filter. I have one on my car and it's working great. Better gas mileage isn't a bad thing. I can't say how much power was gained, but I wouldn't doubt a good 3-4 HP. Not bad for 40$ I would get one even if it wasn't for the high flow, simply becauseyou can clean it on the cheap instead of replacing it every 10k like the paper air filters.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:54 PM

Welcome to MCF Tony!! Hopefully the 3.9 market will open up, but it still isn't what would be considered a popular engine yet. That will change if more Chevy's adapt to use that powerplant.

As for the exhaust, you can give it a throatier sound, but it still doesn't sound right. A V8 will always sound better.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:29 AM

Thanks for the tips. Already got plans for the tint, staying with factory rims right now, expensive upgrade, and i like the stock rims. How does the vinyl hold up? Im in the midwest (Nebraska, where last week it was in the teens and 20's, this week we are in the 70's, no exageration!!) I would love racing strips, but never seriously thought about them because of the cost...vinyl would be cheaper yeah? but the extreme conditions probably wouldnt be the best for it eh?

I suppose I should start playing and take it one thing at atime, I get way ahead of myself at times, wife hates it!!

Thanks for the replies..

Old 04-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome to the site

Quick Reply: Newbie on board...