New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Newb to the monte family

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Default Newb to the monte family

hey how are you all today? well first thing my name is Rich, i live in upstate new york and i am 22 years old... I am a huge mustang guy and plan on purchasing either an 03 SVT Cobra or a 03 Mach 1 within the next few years... But thats not why i am here, i am currently deciding on an everyday car with style some power and sporty look, that wont kill my bank account for repairs, and this car seems to be the one, growing up being a huge earnhardt fan because of my pops ive always had an eye for the monte carlos, now i have the oppotunity to buy a 2003 monte carlo SS with just under 70,000 on the clock for 10k... i wanted to know from your perspective how these cars are as far as reliability goes, and what are some of the known problems?... ive done some research but none of that will give me examples like an experienced driver will... i thank you all in advance for any help you give me... Best regards!!

Rich

Old 04-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Default RE: Newb to this site any ways!!

[align=center]Hi Rich, and Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family,[/align][align=center]even though you may like the SVT Mustangs : )[/align][align=center]I like them to, but I prefer GM : ) [8D][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Isn't it great that we have so many choices of auto's.[/align][align=center]We are fortunate...4 - Sure [/align][align=center]I don't think you can go wrong with a Monte.[/align][align=center]Great bang 4 the $'s[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think the price of $10K is a superprice on a 03 SS[/align][align=center]with only 70K miles.[/align][align=center]What equipment/options/color etc ?[/align][align=center]Below is from MSN Auto's[/align][align=center]I hope it helps[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]
2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Overview
[/align][align=center][:-]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]View Pictures[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]
Kelley Blue Book Price:
$9,075- $12,000

Reliability Rating:
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
MSN Ratings & Reviews[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click on below link for reliability report,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]and be patience for our MCF Member's to [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]post their experience on the Awesome Monte Carlo[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Re...&trimid=-1[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Let us know `if you are wise [8D]enough to[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]buy a Chevrolet Monte Carlo : ) [8D][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]but also, post pic's of your SVT[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]when you get one : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Peace/Out[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][font="times new roman"][size=4]Goo

Old 04-04-2008, 09:59 PM

well it was black with black cloth and all the options that come standard with that kind of ss... but the stealership tried to extremely low ball me on my trade in so unless they go up at least 2 more thousand with my trade value then i wont be buying that monte... sad... i currently have a 2003 audi a4 3.0 quattro 6 speed manual with 43,000 miles on it silver with black leather seats and every option besides navigation and hes tryin to give me 12,500 for it, the blue book trade in is 14,500 he could turn around and sell it for 18,500 i just gave it a 75 dollar oil change and 300 dollar front brakes and this idiot wants to give me 12,500 for it haha sorry guys i was really lookin forward to joining you

Old 04-04-2008, 11:02 PM

When your initial Post said you were a Mustang Guy ... we got together and called that Dealership and told them to Low-Ball you on the Trade.

We called 'em back and said to offer you more, now ... so try again!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:07 PM

lol[8D]i wish that was the case!!