New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New from TN

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome to the forum! got any pics of that '99?

Old 01-24-2010, 06:20 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

welcome to the forum, & deff a nice lookin monte

Old 01-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Very nice buy..welcome to the forum.....

Old 01-25-2010, 12:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very nice Monte Carlo.

That ISS can be remedied at home if you wanna know how

Welcome to the forum!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 07:46 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I looked for pictures but the only ones I have of the 99 are with it in the background and not a clear shot. Too many people in the pictures to crop. It was dark by the time I got home tonight so I'll have try to get pics tomorrow since I'm working at home - assuming the weather is good enough for it. I attached a couple of the cropped ones for now.

I did search around the forum a bit for ISS fixes. It doesn't look too bad if I found the right thing - remove the piece under the steering column, pull the black boot down to reveal teal blue piece and spray in there with lithium grease (I think? - would have to go review the instructions before actually attempting it). The service bulletin I read said to replace the part instead... Seems like I also found something that said the older replacement parts were recalled as well though. LOL, not sure which option to pick. What do you guys generally prefer? (Or maybe I need to start a different thread to ask that).

I wouldn't mind opening it up to grease it, but I'm not so sure about replacing it myself I have an awesome mechanic that does most of my work. He's been good to me but he's having a hard time right now keeping his shop going so I try to give him work when I can stand the $$.

Attached Thumbnails New from TN-img992.jpg   New from TN-img_99v1.jpg  
Old 01-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by perlgurl
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Most of the montes I've seen in this area are red, black, or silver. I knew they came in blue but I had never seen one on the street before finding this one.

Welcome to the forum!

From yet another red monte. (j/k)

Great looking car! The blue Montes are very nice looking cars!
Nice picture too.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:06 PM

Thanks! I've been looking at the red ones since last summer... I was sure my next one would be red. I just couldn't imagine giving up my old one for anything else though so I kept putting off buying anything. Couldn't find a good deal. I swear I think red costs more too! (j/k)

And then I saw the blue and now I have both my favorite colors

Old 01-26-2010, 08:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum! You have an awesome 04!

That 99 sounds like a little TLC, and it will be good as new. I can't believe you have 207,000 miles on the original spark plugs! Holy cow, that is LONG over due. You should change those every 100K at the most. If I was you, i'd change the spark plugs and wires in that thing, take care of the radiator, and oil leak, and you will probably be amazed at how well it runs!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by perlgurl
I did search around the forum a bit for ISS fixes. It doesn't look too bad if I found the right thing - remove the piece under the steering column, pull the black boot down to reveal teal blue piece and spray in there with lithium grease (I think? - would have to go review the instructions before actually attempting it). The service bulletin I read said to replace the part instead... Seems like I also found something that said the older replacement parts were recalled as well though. LOL, not sure which option to pick. What do you guys generally prefer? (Or maybe I need to start a different thread to ask that).
You found the right thing. Honestly, if your car is under a warranty, they will replace it for free, but if it's not then just grease it.

Even the new ones will have this problem... you still hear 2006 and 2007 owners having the issue. Just grease it once a year and you'll be fine.

It's not actually a problem, just an annoyance

Old 01-27-2010, 12:36 AM

Heh, I've actually been meaning to get those plugs changed, just never did get around to it. Previous b/f wanted to change them a long time ago and I wouldn't let him touch my car. Car seemed to be fine so I just didn't think about it for a long time.

Asked for my mechanic's quote last summer and I started searching the internet for a how to - was just going to see if i could do it. I know just enough about cars to find my way around but I've never had the chance to do any real work myself, always wanted to though and willing to learn. Thought it might be worth a try.

Apparently, from what I've read, the ones toward the back are hard to get to?.. so decided on mechanic - not cheap, and while saving up to get it done the fuel pump went out - definitely not cheap. I did at least buy the plugs and wires when I got the pump but by the time I saved up again, bam - radiator. LOL. The radiator is fixed now too at least Hopefully nothing else goes wrong til I get those darn plugs in! Oil leak is real slow so I just keep a check on it. Its moving up the way too long todo list now though since I have something else to drive while its in the shop.

ChibiBlackSheep - Unfortunately no warranty on the 04 so it may be a grease job after all Any recommendation on the brand?