New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New from TN

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 01:09 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile New from TN

Hi Everyone!

I recently purchased my second monte and I found this forum while researching the car before buying it to find out if the 2004 models had any major problems that would be a deal breaker.

My first monte is a red 1999 Z34 which currently has over 207k miles on it and I have loved that car from the day I drove it off the lot. Its been a wonderful car and its still going strong, but with the high mileage and a few things going wrong (fuel pump, radiator leak) I was beginning to worry about all the long trips for my kids activities. The kids wanted something bigger, like an SUV, but I just kept getting drawn back to the monte's because I love the Z34 so much.

So long story short, my boyfriend found a bright blue 2004 Supercharged SS on autotrader and I just couldn't stop looking at it... it was fully loaded, 82k miles, looked really clean, and was only $8900 in the ad. It HAD TO BE my next car! He wasn't a monte guy but after showing him the specs and all the positive information on the forums I think I converted him and about a week later the monte was mine! Woohoo!!!!

About myself - I'm a computer programmer by day and a soccer/wrestling/basketball/band/girl scouts/boy scouts mom on nights and weekends

Since I found your forum I have really enjoyed reading the posts and finding that there are other people out there that share the same enthusiasm for their monte's. Most of my friends are computer geeks and they don't appreciate cars as much as I do.

I thought it was about time I posted to say hello, share my pics, and say thanks for all the great monte info!

Unfortunately the weather here has been pretty icky lately so I haven't had the chance to shine up the new addition and take pictures yet, but I am posting the picture from the original sales ad. I think you guys will see why I was so hooked by it

Old 01-23-2010, 01:33 PM

Awesome buy!!!!! welcome aboard. that Monte is lovely!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2010, 02:58 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:33 PM

Welcome to our Monte Carlo Family
You found a beautiful 04 MonteCarloSS for sure.

...WoW beautiful & SuperSuperCharged
Wish you safe/fun/fast trouble free miles
EnJoy the Power & the Beauty.
Hope we get a complete review once you've had a chance
to drive it more.
Good Luck
EnJoy

Old 01-23-2010, 03:37 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site! Beautiful Monte you have there!

Old 01-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Default welcome.......

Welcome to the family. When I was looking for mine ; I wanted a blue
one just like that but couldn't find one in this area.
That is a beautiful car.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

same here, welcome to the forum, car looks great, congrats..

Old 01-23-2010, 09:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

heyy! welcome to the forum! absolutely gorgeous monte =D personally my second favorite monte carlo color second to black ;]

Old 01-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

welcome to the site, nice monte

Old 01-24-2010, 02:22 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Most of the montes I've seen in this area are red, black, or silver. I knew they came in blue but I had never seen one on the street before finding this one.

So far its been a dream to drive with the exception of the occasional ISS noise - which I knew it had when I bought it and it really doesn't bother me much. I found the GM service bulletin explaining the problem before going back to buy. Since it didn't seem like a big issue and fixable I thought it was still worth it. It was a lease vehicle for the first 4 years, then purchased at auction for the father of one of the guys at the dealership so I figure (or at least hope) it has probably been taken care of.

Now I'm just resisting the urge to start making mods - to the 04 and my 99 - after seeing all that you guys have done with your montes. Not sure where to start with the 04, but maybe the first thing to do is to get my 99 back in tip top shape. My boyfriend is taking it over so that it doesn't sit around and fall apart from not being used. Mostly it needs cosmetic work, clearcoat peeling on the mirror, interior stuff - lights, couple of broken vents. It also has a small oil leak though and the spark plugs have never been replaced.

Once I figure out where everything belongs in different threads I'll start asking questions For now I'm really enjoying looking at all the pictures of the beautiful rides!