New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Default RE: New Pics

i was not saying it was you by no means.
i dont have a clue what ya look like to make that statment.

i have been lucky so far my trunk dont rattel to much. i hear the lic. plate that is about it.
but it sounds nice i just need ot get some more 12" subs for it. mine are not a great version of subs btu they were real cheap LOL
and server the purose that i wanted them for.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:41 PM

I know you didn't mean me....I'm not that cute (hehehe)... We ended up going for 10's because of the sound. When it wasdesignedI personallythought the 12's were just to much. I mean I listen to mostly country and techno not hard rock and rap. I do occasionally listen rap but it's mostly old school stuff. And if you get good interior speakers you don't really need huge sub's for the back. I've got pioneers in the back dash and cerwin-vega's in the front and it sounds awesome. I think we ended up getting the subs, box and amp for $600 installed.

Thanx again!!![sm=devilangel.gif]

Old 01-09-2007, 06:09 PM

i listen to country,rap,rock,even some classical.
belive me i understand the whole sound thing. i did the 12s becuse i go tthem fo rthe right price and also had a good box offer to me at about the same time that was good also.
So when you do everythign in the trunk fo rless then 500.00 and that includes the amp.and cap.
ya cant yell to loud. but i started off with 10's to me they just didnt fill the car well enouhg but then i have mine turned around and fireing them threw the seat and it is a sealed box.
I get goo dlows and great mids and highs. the lows will rattel the car and make you know they are there but at the same time all of my sound is inside of my car not out side of it.
Also fireing them this way lowers the rattels threw out the car.
but you can still feel them and hear them good.
As far as sound gose i look for clarity more then anythign else. i wan tot hear it loud and also be clear acrossed the parking lot .
but im strange LOL

Old 01-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i bet it sounds great

if you have licence plate rattle, just take off the licence plate and put some stick on rubber, or some sprayable rubberized undercoating on the back of the plate, and viola......no rattle

i've always been a fan of 12's i loved my alpine type R 12's and then i had a type R 15 which i though was amazing, and everybody said that you get 15's for rap, and not for rock or country, but with the amp i had it kept up with rock and country and all that other good stuff no problem, i jut liked it cuz it hit a LOT harder

Old 01-09-2007, 07:21 PM

oh mine will hit hard enough to make your hair rattel on your head. LOL
but the thing i have found with the monte carlos it might be with all cars with suroofs but i hit hard enough in mine tha tit vents out the sunroof. so i dont think im getitng the full potential out of the car.
all the other cars i had were non sunroofs and never had a issue with it. but then i havent blowen my widows out of this one etheir LOL
the 12s i have are Alpine they are just a real cheavp version of Alpine.
I plan to go to a bigger amp and i will mostlikely go with ethier another Hiphonics or a Pioneer witch will match the dvd player i have. but the fronts are not ethier LOL so i havent figured it out yet .
i have some time. i just want to change the subs for a bit better speaker and better sound. they hit hard and sound deep so im happy with them to apoint . it is livabel for now.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:46 PM

That's all that matters!!! It took us forever to find the right combo of things that I liked but when I did...WOW. We rent cars all the time and the one thing that I mostly miss about my Monte is my stereo. That and the looks I get when I pull up to a stop light with it bumpin Toby Keith. [sm=wootwoot.gif]Bow-Chicka-Bow-Wow

Old 01-09-2007, 09:29 PM

how comes i can imagen the look on thier face with that LOL
but hey i do it to . and have been knowen to listen to so off the wall stuff also.
kind of like Hinder. most folks dont even know who they are other then one song that finally was put on a chart. but it is thier thied album. but they tend to have a hard rock sound about them to.
i also listened to alot of alic cooper as a kid and he wasent even on the radio at that time . till the album with posion on it nobody had really heard of him either. lol

Old 01-10-2007, 12:41 AM

Good lookin ride .......... I too just got a new puppy and just as soon as I figure out how to post some more pics I'll include some pics of our new "baby"

DINO

Old 01-10-2007, 04:23 AM

to post photos you can upload them threw here or you can use a link to site like photo bucket etc..
to post here,
hit the post reply button on the bottom of the thread, and at the bottom of it there is a link to upload a photo you from your puter.
Also make sure ya hit the embed in post box or it will just put the link up in the thread instead of showing the photos.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: fwoggybaby

. That and the looks I get when I pull up to a stop light with it bumpin Toby Keith. [sm=wootwoot.gif]Bow-Chicka-Bow-Wow
dont you just love doin that, pull up to people with the weirdest music blaring!! lol, then u start head banging to music that you normally wouldn't...lol....some of the reactions you get are funny!! lol

speaking of bands that not many people have heard of. my favorite band for a long time now has been breaking benjamin, and when their first cd came out in the states, it wasn't available in canada (still isn't) and i used to listen to that all the time and everyone used to ask me who it was because they loved it!!
they're my favorite group to listen to
but then the best for subs is prodigy's smack my b***h up man that song hits hard that song used to make my heart skip a beat(or so it felt) when the subs hit

Quick Reply: New Pics